Famous Quotes About 10th
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about 10th.
Top Quotes About 10th
1. "I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist."
Author: Albert Einstein
2. "I quit high school the first day of 10th grade because I felt like I was wasting time."
Author: Bam Margera
3. "As a 9th grader, I competed with the high school kids and out of 600 people, I finished 10th."
Author: Bo Jackson
4. "I see men assassinated around me every day. I walk through rooms of the dead, streets of the dead, cities of the dead; men without eyes, men without voices; men with manufactured feelings and standard reactions; men with newspaper brains, television souls and high school ideas. Kennedy himself was 9/10ths the way around the clock or he wouldn't have accepted such an enervating and enfeebling job -- meaning President of the United States of America. How can I be concerned with the murder of one man when almost all men, plus females, are taken from cribs as babies and almost immediately thrown into the masher?"
Author: Charles Bukowski
5. "Then I take a dump. Feel better. Take off my clothes and step into the pool. Ice water. But great. I walk along toward the deep end of the pool, the water rising inch by inch, chilling me. Then I plunge below the water. It's restful. The world doesn't know where I am. I come up, swim to the far edge, find the ledge, sit there. It must be about the 9th or 10th race. The horses are still running. I plunge again into the water, being aware of my stupid whiteness, of my age hanging onto me like a leech. Still, it's OK. I should have been dead 40 years ago. I rise to the top, swim to the far edge, get out."
Author: Charles Bukowski
6. "I believe we can prevent or delay most disease until the 9th or 10th decade. The goal is to prevent anything that can affect your quality of life prior to those years! By the time many of us get to the 9th or 10th decade, who knows where the new medical and science will take us? I am an optimist!"
Author: David Agus
7. "And here we are, so different from who we were on September 10th. And also different from who we were on the 11th. And the 12th. And yesterday. Sometimes you see the before/after. And sometimes it's as soft as saying hello."
Author: David Levithan
8. "If U.S. national sovereignty continues, it is only as a state that Puerto Rico will have permanent 10th Amendment powers over its non-federal affairs, as well as voting power in Congress."
Author: Dick Thornburgh
9. "Specifically, the reservation of sovereignty to the people of the states in matters not governed by federal law is constitutionally defined and permanently enshrined in the 10th Amendment."
Author: Dick Thornburgh
10. "The Doctor: It's a timey-wimey thing.Warrior Doctor: Timey what? Timey-wimey?The 10th Doctor: I've no idea where he picks that stuff up."
Author: Doctor Who
11. "It happened in New York, April 10th, nineteen years ago. Even my hand balks at the date. I had to push to write it down, just to keep the pen moving on the paper. It used to be a perfectly ordinary day, but now it sticks up on the calendar like a rusty nail."
Author: Donna Tartt
12. "I'm in my 10th generation of TV critic now."
Author: Geraldo Rivera
13. "They say a sneeze is 1/10th of an orgasm. Perhaps that's why it takes me 18 seconds to sneeze."
Author: Jarod Kintz
14. "I'm a 10th-generation Texan. My ancestor - Andrew Kent - fought at the Alamo."
Author: Jessica Collins
15. "As we enter into the 110th Congress, it is imperative that we address ethics reforms needed to make this institution run correctly."
Author: Jo Ann Davis
16. "There weren't any astronauts until I was about 10. Yuri Gagarin went into space right around my 10th birthday."
Author: John L. Phillips
17. "My mom passed away 3 years ago. Recently, I found her "special" photo album- the one in which she saved her favorite pictures, postcards and memories. Halfway through the album I found a small, wrinkled, slip of paper. When I looked closer, I could see that it was a "re-admittance" slip for me, to get back into school... in the 10th grade! Why would she save that all these years???"
Author: José N. Harris
18. "THE MANY FACES OF SURVIVALSunday, August 10th at 2:00 PSTDachau Liberator, medical whistle-blower, award winning writer, college professor and world renowned garlic farmer, Chester Aaron, talks about the hard choices he's had to make, why he made them, and how it's changed his life. Mr. Aaron was recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts, and received the Huntington Hartford Foundation fellowship which was chaired by Aldous Huxley and Tomas Mann. He also inspired Ralph Nader to expose the over-radiation of blacks in American hospitals. Now Mr. Aaron is a world-renowned garlic farmer who spends his days writing about the liberation of Dachau. He is 86 years old and he has a thousand stories to tell. Although he has published over 17 books, he is still writing more and looks forward to publishing again soon."
Author: Judy Gregerson
19. "I'd be prouder still to say I was Canada's 10th woman prime minister."
Author: Kim Campbell
20. "Because we're sponsored by competing breweries there is always competition. When we were both fighting for ninth or 10th place, nobody really cared except the two companies."
Author: Larry Dixon
21. "Texas' and America's farmers are suffering. As the Member of Congress representing the 10th Congressional District of Texas, I have traveled throughout our area and have seen first-hand how the drought has affected our agricultural communities."
Author: Michael McCaul
22. "I wasn't a jock in school, and by the 10th grade, when I was in boarding school I was carrying water buckets for the girls' hockey team. I was the kid with long hair and glasses and acne trying to learn how to play guitar and piano in the music center. I was not an athlete past the age of 13 or 14 when they start throwing the ball really fast."
Author: Michael Weatherly
23. "That's the thing of it—the really petty thing of it—I can't help but feel like this wasn't supposed to happen to me. I've never worried about finding a guy.In sixth grade, I dated the nicest cute boy in class. We talked on the phone twice over six months and held hands at an afternoon showing of Superman III. I always had a date, the right date, for every dance. I fell in love for the first time in the 10th grade with the guy I was supposed to fall in love with. I broke up with him after a year, and that was supposed to happen, too.I was pretty sure I would never have to worry about finding the right guy. Ithought it would happen for me the way it happened for my parents and for my grandparents. They got to the right age, they found the right person, they got married, they had kids."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
24. "I met some friends in the end of 10th, beginning of 11th, who were in the popular group so I finished off high school in that group and got to see both sides."
Author: Shane West
25. "I wasn't the brightest kid in school. I was a backbencher troubling the frontbencher, and eventually I failed in my 10th grade. But then in higher secondary, there were only three people who got first division in arts, and I was one of them. So this tells you, where you put your mind and heart into, that's where you go."
Author: Shiv Khera
26. "I walked to Seward School first through fourth grade. It's just amazing to me now that we'd walk down 10th Avenue on Capitol Hill."
Author: Stone Gossard
27. "Anyway, I think Florence and I noticed each other before the local train screeched to a halt at the 110th Street station, because as I boarded it felt as though we were supposed to step into the same car, and hold onto the same moist metal bar. My wishful hunch now seems confirmed by the way she's reading her Time magazine article next to me."
Author: Zack Love
Quotes About 10th Pictures