Famous Quotes About 50 Years
Browse 178 famous quotes and sayings about 50 Years.
Top Quotes About 50 Years
1. "But to sustain a marriage for 50 years, you have to get real a little bit and find someone who is understanding and who you can grow with. My mom always says, 'Marry the man who loves you a millimeter more.'"
Author: Ali Larter
2. "A girl sat neatly on a flat rock. Somehow he'd not seen her. She looked like she'd stepped through the screen of a 1950s movie. Her skin and blond hair were such pale shades they looked monochrome. Her long coat was tied at the waist by a fabric belt. She was probably a few years younger than him, in her early twenties, wearing a white hat with matching gloves. "Sorry," she said, "If I surprised you." Her irises were titanium gray, her most striking feature. Her lips were an afterthought and her cheekbones flat. But her eyes...He realized he was staring into them and quickly looked away."
Author: Ali Shaw
3. "I've often been asked what drives me, particularly through the last 50 years of abuse, and ridicule. What has kept me going is one word - care. I care enough about the land, the wildlife, people, the future of humanity. If you care enough, you will do whatever you have to do, no matter what the opposition."
Author: Allan Savory
4. "Now that I near 80, I realize with wistful pleasure that on many occasions I was 10, 20, 40, even 50 years ahead of my time."
Author: Benoit Mandelbrot
5. "Some say that now that 50 years have passed, we would like another 50 more years to celebrate once again; that means it will be 100 years. After one hundred years, I will be 118 years old."
Author: Bhumibol Adulyadej
6. "...for all that people have tried to abuse it and disown it. "feminism" is still the word we need. No other word will do. And let's face it, there has been no other word, save "Girl Power" -- which makes you sound like you're into some branch of Scientology owned by Geri Halliwell. That "Girl Power" has been the sole rival to the word "feminism" in the last 50 years is a cause for much sorrow on behalf of the women. After all, P. Diddy has had four different names, and he's just one man."
Author: Caitlin Moran
7. "If one thing that bothers me about acting, it's that there's no clear-cut number one. The closest you can get is winning an Academy Award, and I'm going to work on that if it takes me the next 50 years. To my peers, it will mean that I'm the best!"
Author: Dana Hill
8. "In 50 years - or 20 years, or 200 years - our current epistemic horizon (the Big Bang, roughly) may look as parochial as the horizon Newton had to settle for in his day, but no doubt there will still be good questions whose answers elude us."
Author: Daniel Dennett
9. "The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years."
Author: Deepak Chopra
10. "I was an all-around player - if I was just a scorer, there's no way the Hawks would have won 50 games four years in a row."
Author: Dominique Wilkins
11. "You know it's only 50 miles from Grand River to Canton, but it took me 67 years to travel that distance."
Author: Don Shula
12. "I have never planned anything. I have been doing this job for over 50 years. I have been paid to work with some wonderful people and it has been a huge gift, to me."
Author: Donald Sutherland
13. "America's great newspapers have staffs that range from 50 percent to 70 percent of what they were just a few years ago."
Author: Eric Alterman
14. "In 1945, Oppenheimer posited that what happened during the Trinity Test was due to ‘Time Tunnels.' A 50-year ‘time tunnel.""So, in 1945, you could send a soldier 50 years back?""Exactly. Well, except for the fact that at the time we didn't know if we ever could deliberately send something or someone, but we were already sure it was a one-way trip."
Author: Francis Barel
15. "The weeds of a seemingly learned and brilliant but actually trivial and empty philosophy of Nature which, after having been replaced some 50 years ago by the exact sciences, is now once more dug up by pseudo scientists from the lumber room of human fallacies, and like a trollop, newly attired in elegant dress and make-up, is smuggled into respectable company, to which she does not belong."
Author: Hermann Kolbe
16. "Water: 35 liters, Carbon: 20 kg, Ammonia: 4 liters, Lime:1.5 kg, Phosphrus: 800 g, salt: 250g, saltpeter:100g, Sulfer: 80g, Fluorine: 7.5 g, iron: 5.6 g, Silicon: 3g, and 15 other elements in small quantities.... thats the total chemical makeup of the average adult body. Modern science knows all of this, but there has never been a single example of succesful human trasmutation. It's like there's some missing ingredient..... Scientists have been trying to find it for hundreds of years, pouring tons of money into research, and to this day they don't have a theory. For that matter, the elements found in a human being is all junk that you can buy in any market with a child's allowence. Humans are pretty cheaply made."
Author: Hiromu Arakawa
17. "I've spent the last 50 years or so steeping myself in the world's religions, and I've done my homework. I've gone to each of the world's eight great religions and sought out the most profound scholars I could find, and I've apprenticed myself to them and actually practiced each faith."
Author: Huston Smith
18. "Even the Congressional Budget Office and the Social Security trustees appointed by the president say that Social Security is financially sound, without any changes for the next 40 to 50 years."
Author: James Roosevelt
19. "Plan Colombia was supposed to reduce Colombia's cultivation and distribution of drugs by 50 percent, but 6 years and $4.7 billion later, the drug control results are meager at best."
Author: Jan Schakowsky
20. "We have initiated programs for re-entry offenders, since some 500,000 to 600,000 offenders will come out of prison each year for the next three or four years. We want to have positive alternatives when they come back to the community."
Author: Janet Reno
21. "I was too sad to watch her dying, so I shot her. I couldn't bear the pain of watching her go slowly like that, over the next 50 years."
Author: Jarod Kintz
22. "Last month, the Iraqi people went to the polls, voting in their first free election in more than 50 years."
Author: John M. McHugh
23. "I do believe states' rights was a sound doctrine that got hijacked by some unsavory customers for a while - like, 150 years or so. I'm professionally obliged to believe that knowledge is better than ignorance, but some kinds of forgetting are OK with me."
Author: John Shelton Reed
24. "Sure I tampered with my body chemistry -- and I emerged more than human! It's only a matter of time before an entire race of people are raised on steroids, and who knows what they'll be able to accomplish? Live to 150 years old, remain sexually potent into your nineties, interbreed with dolphins and whales, there's literally no limit to what steroids can do for a person. Do you know what it means to feel like God?"
Author: José Canseco
25. "I remember the woman who marched up to the front of a church where I was doing a meeting, put her hands on her hips, and she said, "I want my money back." I said, "What are you talking about?" She said, "I've been doing this two weeks, and it doesn't work. I want my money back!" It was actually all that I could keep from doing to keep from laughing in her face, but she was serious. She actually was, like, giving almost to buy some kind of a new lifestyle that she wanted. Didn't understand a thing about commitment and dedication and discipline. Two weeks! How many of you know you're not going to throw a little money in the bucket and get your life that's been a mess for 50 years turned around in two weeks!?!?"
Author: Joyce Meyer
26. "The first person to promulgate the Golden Rule, which was the bedrock of this empathic spirituality, was Confucius 500 years before Christ."
Author: Karen Armstrong
27. "The Coalition for International Justice estimated that 450,000 people in Darfur have died since the deadly genocide began some three years ago."
Author: Kendrick Meek
28. "The following twenty years would be the nadir of American Indian history, as the total Indian population between 1890 and 1910 fell to fewer than 250,000. (It was not until 1917 that Indian births exceeded deaths for the first time in fifty years.)"
Author: Kenneth C. Davis
29. "I have lifelong friends. My oldest friend, Herbie, has been a friend since I was 9. I've had bonds for over 50 years with people."
Author: Larry King
30. "All my references are 50 years old-when somebody shot J.R., you know? Oh my god, I'm 100!"
Author: Lauren Graham
31. "In 2010, I had been playing guitar for 50 years."
Author: Lee Ritenour
32. "Wilde is the greatest force for evil that has appeared in Europe during the last 350 years."
Author: Lord Alfred Douglas
33. "I'll tell you what you did with Atheists for about 1500 years. You outlawed them from the universities or any teaching careers, besmirched their reputations, banned or burned their books or their writings of any kind, drove them into exile, humiliated them, seized their properties, arrested them for blasphemy. You dehumanised them with beatings and exquisite torture, gouged out their eyes, slit their tongues, stretched, crushed, or broke their limbs, tore off their breasts if they were women, crushed their scrotums if they were men, imprisoned them, stabbed them, disembowelled them, hanged them, burnt them alive.And you have nerve enough to complain to me that I laugh at you."
Author: Madalyn Murray O'Hair
34. "I sang with my father for over 50 years, and now all of a sudden he's gone, and I just dropped out."
Author: Mavis Staples
35. "If you ask any couple who have been married 50 years or longer, they will tell you they've experienced it all. The same is true of the Beach Boys."
Author: Mike Love
36. "I been getting good crowds. It only took 50 years."
Author: Mose Allison
37. "I was lucky to go to work every day for 50 years, to a job that I loved."
Author: Pat Gillick
38. "In architecture you should live for 150 years, because you have to learn in the first 75 years."
Author: Renzo Piano
39. "It used to be that artists thought of nature as their environment. Now media is our environment. It has been for the past 50, 70 years. It's what you see on TV, on the computer, what is in the magazines and newspapers."
Author: Richard Hell
40. "As the first Member of Congress from western Washington to serve on the House Agriculture Committee in over 50 years, I am proud to represent the needs of our agriculture community."
Author: Rick Larsen
41. "One report said that since my time on the run I've had 2,500 girlfriends. I mean you got to realize, I've been on the run for more than 30 years, I have got to have had more than that!"
Author: Ronald Biggs
42. "After his failed political career, Lincoln often pondered the question of the purpose of the meaning of life. In 1850 [ten years before he was elected President], Lincoln told Herdon [his law partner] "How hard, oh how hard it is to die and leave one's country no better than if one had never lived."
Author: Ronald C. White Jr.
43. "The language of Shakespeare is the first and lasting affirmation of the great changes that took place in the sixteenth century, leaving the Middle English of Chaucer far behind. In many ways, the language has changed less in the 400 years since Shakespeare wrote than it did in the 150 years before he wrote."
Author: Ronald Carter
44. "Congress has not raised the minimum wage since 1997. The minimum wage is now at its lowest level in 50 years adjusted for inflation."
Author: Russ Carnahan
45. "120 million of us place the big bang 2,500 years after the Babylonians and Sumerians learned to brew beer."
Author: Sam Harris
46. "Maybe the bar is low, but most of the strips that are 50, 60, 70 years old that are on their second or third generation of artists, the humor is pretty bland. There are others by people that were raised on 'Family Guy' or 'South Park' that are edgier. Mine's not as edgy as those, but it's edgier than 'Beetle Bailey.'"
Author: Stephan Pastis
47. "I'm not an expert or a trained ballistician. But it is a subject I've studied intently for 50 years, so I may know a thing or two. In my opinion, the JFK investigation was poorly handled."
Author: Stephen Hunter
48. "Isn't that just like a man. 450-fucking-years-old and he's still thinking with his balls!"
Author: Tanya Huff
49. "I've been in the movies for 50 years, I've made 130 some-odd movies."
Author: Tony Curtis
50. "I have no plan to retire anytime soon, although remember I am 50 years old!"
Author: Vinnie Vincent
Quotes About 50 Years Pictures