Famous Quotes About A Boy And Girl Friendship
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about A Boy And Girl Friendship.
Top Quotes About A Boy And Girl Friendship
1. "That's stupid," Luke says sharply, totally out of character, and shoots Laura a look that makes her flush red. "First of all, she's not ugly-pretty, she's just normal pretty. What a dumb thing to say. And second, she's different from the average girl 'cause she doesn't even need makeup."Silence. Luke looks down at his arm and twirls the leather strap around his wrist. I nudge him, and when he looks up at me, I mouth Thank you, not trusting my voice since an unexpected lump has found its way to my throat."
Author: Alecia Whitaker
2. "It's rather the possibility of friendship, unencumbered by feelings of attraction or shyness; the possibility of working on the same wavelength, as it were, with someone who understands you because he's a boy as you are, or a girl as you are. Committee work stifles the imagination, because people have to work down to the common denominator of what would be minimally acceptable to everyone. But friendship exalts the imagination. Indeed it is one of the things that the ancients said friendship was for. Plato suggests in Symposium that one of the highest forms of friendship is one whose love issues forth in beautiful and virtuous deeds, for thus "the partnership between [the friends] will be far closer and the bond of affection far stronger than between ordinary parents, because the children that they share surpass human children by being immortal as well as more beautiful."
Author: Anthony Esolen
3. "Being the only female in what was basically a boys' club must have been difficult for her. Miraculously, she didn't compensate by becoming hard or quarrelsome. She was still a girl, a slight lovely girl who lay in bed and ate chocolates, a girl whose hair smelled like hyacinth and whose scarves fluttered jauntily in the breeze. But strange and marvelous as she was, a wisp of silk in a forest of black wool, she was not the fragile creature one would have her seem."
Author: Donna Tartt
4. "Moving forward quietly to Jerott's side, Adam Blacklock had heard. ‘Don't you understand? The authorities are afraid of them both,' he said gently. ‘Why do you supose this cordon is here, which only an unarmed girl was allowed to pass through? Lymond, loyal to Scotland, might be a threat to French power greater than even Gabriel, one of these days—Philippa!' And a wordless shout, like a cry at a cockfight, rose among the stone pillars and sank muffled into the old, dusty banners above the choir roof. For Philippa Somerville, who believed in action when words were not enough, had leaned over and snatched the knife from Lymond's left hand."
Author: Dorothy Dunnett
5. "Am I in the picture? Am I getting in or out of it? I could be a ghost, an animal or a dead body, not just this girl standing on the corner…?"
Author: Francesca Woodman
6. "The old Amy, the girl of the big laugh and the easy ways, literally shed herself, a pile of skin and soul on the floor, and stepped this new, brittle, bitter Amy ... a razor-wire knot daring me to unloop her, and I was not up to the job with my thick, numb, nervous fingers. Country fingers. Flyover fingers untrained in the intricate, dangerous work of 'solving Amy'. When I'd hold up the bloody stumps, she'd sigh and turn to her secret mental notebooks on which she tallied all my deficiencies, forever noting disappointments, frailties, shortcomings."
Author: Gillian Flynn
7. "Not being beautiful was the true blessing. Not being beautiful forced me to develop my inner resources. The pretty girl has a handicap to overcome."
Author: Golda Meir
8. "Back in the Eighties, I'd buy the biggest Benetton jumper I could find and would wear it long-sleeved, hanging off my shoulders, with a varsity jacket and a baseball cap on back to front with a quiff. I was the smallest boy in my class, and I looked like a reject from New Kids On The Block. Terrible."
Author: Jamie Bamber
9. "Remember that summer you liked that girl who worked at theboardwalk? Angie?""No," he said, but I knew he was lying. "What about her?""Did you ever hook up with her?"Conrad finally lifted his head up from the couch. "No," he said."I don't believe you.""I tried, once. But she socked me in the head and said she wasn't that kind of girl.I think she was a Jehovah's Witness or something."
Author: Jenny Han
10. "I am not a fan of the cupcake image. This idea that you can distract a girl with something frivolous like a cake or shoes or handbags, and she won't be a threat to men."
Author: Joanna Trollope
11. "My hat was pulled down and this girl said 'Are you really him?' I whispered 'Yeah, I'm really him.' She screamed, 'Mom! Dad! It's Heath Ledger!"
Author: Josh Hartnett
12. "His body was a freaking masterpiece that could easily turn any girl into a drooling sex addict."
Author: Kendall Ryan
13. "Tarts and tadpoles!...The boy is still alive!"
Author: L. Frank Baum
14. "Barbara Eden is the most beautiful girl in the world."
Author: Larry Hagman
15. "She's the only girl who's ever broken my heart, and it's a very weird, uncomfortable feeling for me. I like to be the one doing the heartbreaking. Well, not really. No one ever likes to break someone's heart, but sometimes it has to be done."
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
16. "He sat at his desk – last seat, last row – and looked at the chart on the wall next to him. Of course there was no gold star next to his name. He had already done three things wrong: First, he had knocked over a girl and made her cry. Second, he was late getting back to class. And third and worst of all, his name was Bradley Chalkers. As long as his name was Bradley Chalker's, he'd never get a gold star. They don't give gold stars to monsters."
Author: Louis Sachar
17. "I've neither beauty, money, nor rank, yet every foolish boy mistakes my frank interest for something warmer, and makes me miserable. It is my misfortune. Think of me what you will, but beware of me in time, for against my will I may do you harm."
Author: Louisa May Alcott
18. "The other Dons in the room applauded and rose to shake hands with everybody in sight and to congratulate Don Corleone and Don Tattaglia on their new friendship. It was not perhaps the warmest friendship in the world, they would not send each other Christmas gift greetings, but they would not murder each other. That was friendship enough in this world, all that was needed."
Author: Mario Puzo
19. "Really, I'm just a simple girl from Jersey."
Author: Mary McCormack
20. "Why did you say you believed me ?" In profile, he could see both the young woman she was becoming and the little girl he remembered. "Because I trust you."
Author: Nicholas Sparks
21. "I've left Bethlehem, and I feel free. I've left the girl I was supposed to be, and some day I'll be born."
Author: Paula Cole
22. "Chasing a burning girl down a city street is a lot harder than it sounds. Civilians tend to stop and stare and this turns them into human bowling pins. Slow whiny bowling pins."
Author: Richard Kadrey
23. "'Fringe' was the first time I realized that I could ever man up in a character and make this transition from being a boy or a young man into actually being a man."
Author: Seth Gabel
24. "I am an idiot for wasting any time thinking about a girl named Garrett who I barely know. Because there is one solid truth about women, and that is this: they never stay."
Author: Ted Michael
25. "Girls get a lot of mixed messages—they are told, ‘Girl Power!' and what does that mean? It means you wear a T-shirt that says, ‘Girl Power!' but you call each other bitches. You make fun of a girl for being a virgin and you make fun of a girl for having sex. There's no right place to be."
Author: Tina Fey
26. "THAT crazed girl improvising her music.Her poetry, dancing upon the shore,Her soul in division from itselfClimbing, falling She knew not where,Hiding amid the cargo of a steamship,Her knee-cap broken, that girl I declareA beautiful lofty thing, or a thingHeroically lost, heroically found.No matter what disaster occurredShe stood in desperate music wound,Wound, wound, and she made in her triumphWhere the bales and the baskets layNo common intelligible soundBut sang, 'O sea-starved, hungry sea"
Author: W.B. Yeats
Quotes About A Boy And Girl Friendship Pictures