Famous Quotes About A Burdened Heart
Browse 7 famous quotes and sayings about A Burdened Heart.
Top Quotes About A Burdened Heart
1. "For those who feel their lives are a grave disappointment to God, it requires enormous trust and reckless, raging confidence to accept that the love of Jesus Christ knows no shadow of alteration or change. When Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened," He assumed we would grow weary, discouraged, and disheartened along the way. These words are a touching testimony to the genuine humanness of Jesus. He had no romantic notion of the cost of discipleship. He knew that following Him was as unsentimental as duty, as demanding as love."
Author: Brennan Manning
2. "He who has awakened into the light of day is no more burdened with the troubles of his dreams. They are remembered as dreams only as illusions that are dispelled. The unawakened one knows neither waking nor dreaming; He is in confusion, he knows not himself; Neither knows he others, and his judgment is without knowledge. The awakened one knows both waking and dreaming; He is established in wisdom; Knowing himself, he knows others, and he judges with knowledge. He is the understander, the knower of hearts, And, walking in the light of Truth, he knows that every dreamer will at last awake."
Author: James Allen
3. "Every trial that ever burdened a mortal man, every temptation that ever stormed a human heart, and every blessing that ever delighted a needy soul have been skillfully designed by the Creator for one purpose: to draw men to Himself."
Author: Jim Berg
4. "Give me this gift, an understanding heartThat I may comfort souls along the way.On wings of mercy, let my words conveyTidings that heal and bless when tear drops start.May this gift be of me so much a partThat eloquence will brighten every day.(The inner knowing of just what to sayAnd when to say it is a master art.)In all my striving let my heart discernWhen silence is the greater need,When just to listen while a soul is freedOf pent-up yearnings fosters hope's return.Words can best fill their embassy of peaceAfter the burdened heart has found release."
Author: Mirla Greenwood Thayne
5. "Beware of any work for God that causes or allows you to avoid concentrating on Him. A great number of Christian workers worship their work. The only concern of Christian workers should be their concentration on God. This will mean that all the other boundaries of life, whether they are mental, moral, or spiritual limits, are completely free with the freedom God gives His child; that is, a worshiping child, not a wayward one. A worker who lacks this serious controlling emphasis of concentration on God is apt to become overly burdened by his work. He is a slave to his own limits, having no freedom of his body, mind, or spirit. Consequently, he becomes burned out and defeated. There is no freedom and no delight in life at all. His nerves, mind, and heart are so overwhelmed that God's blessing cannot rest on him."
Author: Oswald Chambers
6. "So ran the speech. Burdened and sick at heart,He feigned hope in his look, and inwardlyContained his anguish. […]Aeneas, more than any, secretlyMourned for them all"
7. "Not called!' did you say?'Not heard the call,' I think you should say.Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear Him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters and servants and masters not to come there. Then look Christ in the face — whose mercy you have professed to obey — and tell Him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish His mercy to the world."
Author: William Booth
Quotes About A Burdened Heart Pictures