Famous Quotes About A Genius
Browse 31 famous quotes and sayings about A Genius.
Top Quotes About A Genius
1. "Man is a genius when he is dreaming."
Author: Akira Kurosawa
2. "First of all, you must never speak of anything by its name -- in that country. So, if you see a tree on a mountain, it will be better to say 'Look at the green on the high'; for that's how they talk -- in that country. And whatever you do, you must find a false reason for doing it -- in that country. If you rob a man, you must say it is to help and protect him: that's the ethics -- of that country. And everything of value has no value at all -- in that country. You must be perfectly commonplace if you want to be a genius -- in that country. And everything you like you must pretend not to like; and anything that is there you must pretend is not there -- in that country. And you must always say that you are sacrificing yourself in the cause of religion, and morality, and humanity, and liberty, and progress, when you want to cheat your neighbour -- in that country."Good heavens!" cried Iliel, 'are we going to England?"
Author: Aleister Crowley
3. "I also think if you're an actor and you can improvise, when you go on an audition and you can improvise you're just a genius. If you can, you know, take a Tide commercial and you can just say one funny line that's not in the commercial they think you're a genius."
Author: Amy Poehler
4. "A man writes because he is tormented, because he doubts. He needs to constantly prove to himself and the others that he's worth something. And if I know for sure that I'm a genius? Why write then? What the hell for?"
Author: Andrei Tarkovsky
5. "I didn't care if he was a genius or a fucking idiot, he was rotting away, and it wasn't fun to watch."
Author: Anthony Kiedis
6. "But I don't think I have any particular talent for prediction, because when you have three or four elements in hand, you don't have to be a genius to reach certain conclusions."
Author: Antonio Tabucchi
7. "I did not consider him to be any kind of a genius. I considered him deeply lacking in the area that mattered most in life. Star quality."
Author: Augusten Burroughs
8. "A genius is a genius, regardless of the number of morons who belong to the same race - and a moron is a moron, regardless of the number of geniuses who share his racial origin."
Author: Ayn Rand
9. "I'm the artist formally known as Beck. I have a genius wig. When I put that wig on, then the true genius emerges. I don't have enough hair to be a genius. I think you have to have hair going everywhere."
10. "What makes a genius? The ability to see. To see what? The butterfly in a caterpillar, the eagle in an egg, the saint in a selfish person, life in death, unity in separation, God in the human and human in God and suffering as the form in which the incomprehensibility of God himself appears."
Author: Brennan Manning
11. "They're the perfect loving fam'ly, so adoring...And I love them ev'ry day of ev'ry week.So my son's a little shit, my husband's boring,And my daughter, though a genius, is a freak."
Author: Brian Yorkey
12. "* If you can be kind to people, you will be a genius in this world."
Author: Bryant McGill
13. "But I don't think Art's an Einstein - he likes tugging ears, biting people and burping too much to be a genius."
Author: Darren Shan
14. "Trust me. I'm a genius."
Author: Eoin Colfer
15. "A genius. A criminal mastermind. A millionaire. And he is only twelve years old."
Author: Eoin Colfer
16. "When I edit, I'm not from the school of Hello, I'm a genius, so everybody shut up. I'm from the school of Let's play it once in front of an audience, and then I'll tell you where it is going."
Author: Garry Marshall
17. "Sam counts the money carefully. I watch him in the mirror. "You know what I wish?" he asks when he's done."What?""That someone would convert my bed into a robot that would fight other bed robots to the death for me."That startles a laugh out of me. "That would be pretty awesome."A slow, shy smile spreads across his mouth. "And we could take bets on them. And be filthy rich."I lean my head against the frame of the stall, looking at the tile wall and the pattern of yellowed cracks there, and grin. "I take back anything I might haveimplied to the contrary. Sam, you are a genius."
Author: Holly Black
18. "Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out."
Author: J.K. Rowling
19. "Olivier was another case of a genius, who couldn't understand why anybody would have any trouble doing this, because for him it came so easily."
Author: James Lipton
20. "Authors of light pieces have, nobody knows why, a genius for getting into minor difficulties: they walk into the wrong apartments, they drink furniture polish for stomach bitters, they drive their cars into the prize tulip beds of haughty neighbors, they playfully slap gangsters, mistaking them for old school friends."
Author: James Thurber
21. "Nor ought a genius less than his that writ attempt translation."
Author: John Denham
22. "So, am I a genius?"
Author: John Marsden
23. "If you're a man and you ask questions, you're a genius; if you're a woman, you're difficult."
Author: Martine McCutcheon
24. "I'm not exactly a maths genius - I'm really good at maths, maths was my favorite subject in school, but I wasn't a genius."
Author: Matt Dallas
25. "A genius does what he masters. An ordinary man tries to master what he does."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
26. "Graham Yost is a genius, and I know that very well because we worked together on 'Band of Brothers' and 'Boomtown.'"
Author: Neal McDonough
27. "Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple."
Author: Pete Seeger
28. "My girl was mad and I loved her. Upon a night, she read my poetry; and kissing me madly she cried, ‘You are a genius, my love!' To which I replied, ‘My girl,' whispering, ‘Every doctor in this land with a prescription pad is more of a genius than I."
Author: Roman Payne
29. "Ronald Fisher was a genius who almost single-handedly created the foundations for modern statistical science."
Author: Ronald Fisher
30. "The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was a genius."
Author: Sid Caesar
31. "Mild autism can give you a genius like Einstein. If you have severe autism, you could remain nonverbal. You don't want people to be on the severe end of the spectrum. But if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn't have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social 'yak yaks.'"
Author: Temple Grandin
Quotes About A Genius Pictures