Famous Quotes About A Good Man In The Bible
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about A Good Man In The Bible.
Top Quotes About A Good Man In The Bible
1. "Humanity is an organism, inherently rejecting all that is deleterious, that is, wrong, and absorbing after trial what is beneficial, that is, right. If so disposed, the Architect of the Universe, we must assume, might have made the world and man perfect, free from evil and from pain, as angels in heaven are thought to be; but although this was not done, man has been given the power of advancement rather than of retrogression. The Old and New Testaments remain, like other sacred writings of other lands, of value as records of the past and for such good lessons as they inculcate. Like the ancient writers of the Bible our thoughts should rest upon this life and our duties here. "To perform the duties of this world well, troubling not about another, is the prime wisdom," says Confucius, great sage and teacher. The next world and its duties we shall consider when we are placed in it."
Author: Andrew Carnegie
2. "The atom can't be seen, yet its existence can be proved. And it is simple to prove that it can't ever be seen. It has to be studied by indirect evidence — and the technical difficulty has been compared to asking a man who has never seen a piano to describe a piano from the sound it would make falling downstairs in the dark."
Author: Carl David Anderson
3. "Last night, Good Friday night, at the bottom of the escalator at King's X tube, a weasel-faced man in uniform was sweeping up rubbish with a wide broom, drink cartons, cigarette packets with all the dust and filthy scraps of the day which he pushed towards an elegant long black glove that was lying there. I expected him to pick it up as I would have – I thought of picking it up, but was too late. He smothered it in a wide sweep. It seemed to me extraordinary and shocking that he had no feeling for it. Several images went through my mind, a symbolic hand, a dead blackbird, an ornamental bookmark fallen from a lectern Bible – any once-precious relic being tumbled in the dirt. As I went up the escalator I remembered the Tatterdemallion whom I haven't seen for months and thought of his body, if he were to die in the tube, being tumbled about with the rest of the thrown-away rubbish." David Thomson, In Camden Town"
Author: David Thomson
4. "They don't take the Bible as a general thing, sailors don't; though I will say that I never saw the man at sea who didn't give it the credit of being an uncommon good yarn.("Kentucky's Ghost")"
Author: Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
5. "I try to write something that would interest anybody and keep them turning the page. You must have a plot and good storyline."
Author: Ernest Gaines
6. "I should like to speak about the battle that each of us has to wage within ourselves…We need to strengthen the good within us and to overcome the temptations of Satan. The direction finder is sure. Alma tells us, ‘Whatsoever is good cometh from God, and whatsoever is evil cometh from the devil."
Author: James E. Faust
7. "I had already found that it was not good to be alone, and so made companionship with what there was around me, sometimes with the universe and sometimes with my own insignificant self; but my books were always my friends, let fail all else."
Author: Joshua Slocum
8. "Words can be twisted into any shape. Promises can be made to lull the heart and seduce the soul. In the final analysis, words mean nothing. They are labels we give things in an effort to wrap our puny little brains around their underlying natures, when ninety-nine percent of the time the totality of the reality is an entirely different beast. The wisest man is the silent one. Examine his actions. Judge him by them."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
9. "To those who are good (to me), I am good;"
Author: Lao Tzu
10. "The essence of masculinity is taking responsibility for yourself, then a wife, then children. These are the kinds of things the Bible says qualify a man to be a church leader. Guys who don't do this act irresponsibly, take rather than give, and dump their responsibilities on others by virtue of their childish ways. This is why Jeremiah wrote, "It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young." Men are like trucks: they drive straighter when carrying a load."
Author: Mark Driscoll
11. "A very ladylike bosom," she said, approvingly."There's nothing there," I complained.The clerk grinned. "I have been fitting bras for twenty-five years and noone ever thinks her breasts are good enough," she said. "You'll save yourself alot of unhappiness if you accept and enjoy what you have. Neat little breasts arevery chic."
Author: Marta Acosta
12. "True prosperity is the inward consciousness of spiritual opulence, wholeness, completeness; the consciousness of oneness with the very Source of abundance, Infinite Supply; the consciousness of possessing an abundance of all that is good for us, a wealth of personality of character that no disaster on land or sea could destroy."
Author: Orison Swett Marden
13. "But you shouldn't have let her. That's the only way with these fanciful women that chaw high--innocent or guilty. She'd have come round in time. We all do! Custom does it! It's all the same in the end! However, I think she's fond of her man still--whatever he med be of her. You were too quick about her. I shouldn't have let her go! I should have kept her chained on-- her spirit for kicking would have been broke soon enough! There's nothing like bondage and a stone-deaf taskmaster for taming us women. Besides, you've got the laws on your side. Moses knew."
Author: Thomas Hardy
Quotes About A Good Man In The Bible Pictures