Famous Quotes About A Noble Woman
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about A Noble Woman.
Top Quotes About A Noble Woman
1. "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
2. "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised"
3. "Elend smiled. "Oh, come on. You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat. Plus, you've mangaged - in our short three years together - to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
4. "Well, I once lived in a town full of ambitious people, people who aspired to having, be it wealth or power. It was an unhappy town. Your cause may be more noble than theirs, but nevertheless it is important to know the difference between having and being. If desire burns too strong in a man it will consume him. A man who says he will not rest until he has made a certain amount of money will not rest even then, for his desire will drive him to greater wealth. A man who says he will not be happy until he has obtained a certain woman will seek another once he has had her. I know this to be true because I was such a man. If you are not happy now you may never be happy."
Author: Danny Scheinmann
5. "Lord Karasumaru considered it a grave mistake on the part of the gods tohave made a man like himself a nobleman. And, though a servant of theEmperor, he saw only two paths open to him: to live in constant misery orto spend his time carousing. The sensible choice was to rest his headon the knees of a beautiful woman, admire the pale light of the moon,view the cherry blossoms in season and die with a cup of sake in his hand."
Author: Eiji Yoshikawa
6. "That Spanish woman who lived three hundred years ago, was certainly not the last of her kind. Many Theresas have been born who found for themselves no epic life wherein there was a constant unfolding of far-resonant action; perhaps only a life of mistakes, the offspring of a certain spiritual grandeur ill-matched with the meanness of opportunity; perhaps a tragic failure which found no sacred poet and sank unwept into oblivion. With dim lights and tangled circumstance they tried to shape their thought and deed in noble agreement; but after all, to common eyes their struggles seemed mere inconsistency and formlessness; for these later-born Theresas were helped by no coherent social faith and order which could perform the function of knowledge for the ardently willing soul. Their ardor alternated between a vague ideal and the common yearning of womanhood; so that the one was disapproved as extravagance, and the other condemned as a lapse."
Author: George Eliot
7. "We hear about every other kind of women- beautiful women, smart women, sophisticated women, career women, talented women, divorced women. But so seldom do we hear of a godly woman - or of a godly man for that matter.....It is a much nobler thing to be a good wife than to be Miss America......it is a far, far better thing in the realms of morals to be old-fashioned than to be ultra modern. The world has enough women who know how to hold their cocktails, who have lost all their illusions and their faith..... the world has enough woman who know how to be brilliant. It needs some who will be brave. The World had enough woman who are popular. It needs more who are pure. We need women, and men, too, who would rather be morally right than socially correct. " Quote from Peter Marshall in the book Un Compromising"
Author: Hannah Farver
8. "Every man wants a woman to appeal to his better side, his nobler instincts, and his higher nature - and another woman to help him forget them."
Author: Helen Rowland
9. "A noble type of good. Heroic womanhood."
Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
10. "Do not use your energy except for a cause more noble than yourself. Such a cause cannot be found except in Almighty God Himself: to preach the truth, to defend womanhood, to repel humiliation which your Creator has not imposed upon you, to help the oppressed. Anyone who uses his energy for the sake of the vanities of the world is like someone who exchanges gemstones for gravel. There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith. The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise..."
Author: Ibn Hazm
11. "Although changing our society by calling it back to a safer morality is a noble goal, that has never been Christ's goal for His church. The church has but one mission in this world: to lead people destined to spend eternity in hell to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and an eternity in heaven. If people die in a communist government or a democracy, under a tyrant or a benevolent dictator, believing homosexuality is right or wrong, or believing abortion is a woman's fundamental right to choose or simply mass murder, that has no bearing on where they will spend eternity. If they never knew Christ and never embraced Him as their Lord and Savior, they will spend eternity in hell."
Author: John F. MacArthur Jr.
12. "She won't know how to fulfill the duties of a noblewoman.''She is quite bright. And one could find no fault with her manners. She has received a gentle education. I am certain she will make an excellent countess.' Robert's expression softened. 'Her very nature will bring honor to our name."
Author: Julia Quinn
13. "Vasily chortled. "What a diplomat you've become! You've a most refreshing way about you. Given time, I have no doubt that, despite your humble antecedents, you will learn to conduct yourself with the restraint and elegance of a noblewoman.""You mean I'll learn to shut up?"
Author: Leigh Bardugo
14. "Womanhood is a wonderful thing. In womankind we find the mothers of the race.There is no man so great, nor none sunk so low, but once he lay a helpless, innocent babe in a woman's arms and was dependent on her love and care for his existence. It is woman who rocks the cradle of the world and holds the first affections of mankind. She possesses a power beyond that of a king on his throne....Womanhood stands for all that is pure and clean and noble. She who does not make the world better for having lived in it has failed to be all that a woman should be."
Author: Mabel Hale
15. "Give a man a noble cause and he would fight to the death for what he believed in,but get the woman he loves to leave him and his once honourable principles would cease to be quite so important."
Author: Mike Gayle
16. "I know it looks vaguely unsanitary and potentially scandalous, Nana, but I promise that Izzy and I are only pursuing noble...pursuits. We've even got a chaperone! Izzy, who was that woman who went into the cave?'I blanked, not sure how to describe Maya. I settled on, "My...also my Nana."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
17. "What is nobler," she mused, turning over the photographs, "than to be a woman to whom every one turns, in sorrow or difficulty?"
Author: Virginia Woolf
18. "What a piece of work is a man! How noble inReason! how infinite in faculties! in form and movinghow express and admirable! In action how like an Angel!in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of theworld! the paragon of animals! and yet to me, what isthis quintessence of dust? Man delights not me; no,nor Woman neither; though by your smiling you seemeto say so"
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About A Noble Woman Pictures