Famous Quotes About A Personal Relationship With Jesus
Browse 31 famous quotes and sayings about A Personal Relationship With Jesus.
Top Quotes About A Personal Relationship With Jesus
1. "When I put my faith in Jesus Christ as my savior, and I asked him to forgive and to come into my life, and He does - from that moment forward I have established a personal relationship with God that I have to develop, you know, through Bible reading and prayer, and living my life for him."
Author: Anne Graham Lotz
2. "In psychology, there's something called the broken-leg problem. A statistical formula may be highly successful in predicting whether or not a person will go to a movie in the next week. But someone who knows that this person is laid up with a broken leg will beat the formula. No formula can take into account the infinite range of such exceptional events."
Author: Atul Gawande
3. "I try to imagine what type of girl Connor would seek, but she seems unfathomable--like a hazy picture with only her brain showing."
Author: Becca Ritchie
4. "Female artists are the perfect example of a creator: They know how to make life and art with their bodies. Life comes from their bodies, so on a very basic level, they have more to write about."
Author: Brandon Boyd
5. "But the name Magnus Bane made him think of a towering sort of figure, with huge shoulders and formal purple warlock's robes, calling down fire and lightning. Not Magnus himself, who was more of a cross between a panther and a demented elf."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "Audiences are always better pleased with a smart retort, some joke or epigram, than with any amount of reasoning."
Author: Charlotte Perkins Gilman
7. "However, I don't understand why people insist on pitting the concepts of evolution and creation against each other. Why can't they see that spiritualism and science are one? That bodies evolve and souls evolve and the universe is a fluid place that marries them both in a wonderful package called a human being. What's wrong with that idea?"
Author: Garth Stein
8. "I think part of me has been in love with you most of my life." Adam"
Author: H.B. Heinzer
9. "Never play anything that don't sound right. You might not make any money, but at least you won't get hostile with yourself."
Author: Hoagy Carmichael
10. "I've been to enough other countries in the world to know what happens when you have socialized single-payer health care. It works. People don't get sick as much. They don't lose their life savings with a catastrophic illness like cancer or AIDS."
Author: Jello Biafra
11. "There they were, the movers and shakers of Benjamin Franklin Hight - the sports stars, the cheerleaders, the good, the great, the gorgeous - bent over their pizzas.Trish sensed my angst and said, "My mother says girls like Lisa Shooty get the ultimate curse known to man.""What's that?""Too much too soon."I looked at poor, cursed Lisa who had been sprayed with sex appeal at birth. She had gleaming teeth and long, raven-black curls. She threw back her head and laughed with diamond-studded joy."When do you think the curse takes effect?" I asked."Not in our lifetime," Trish answered."
Author: Joan Bauer
12. "The ability to deal with people is as purchasable a commodity as sugar or coffee and I will pay more for that ability than for any other under the sun."
Author: John D. Rockefeller
13. "Ever console or scold people hurt in human relationships that satisfaction comes from God alone? Stop. Adam's fellowship with God was perfect, and God Himself declared Adam needed other humans."
Author: John Ortberg Jr.
14. "Hot-tempered, but the sight of some nondescript and miry creature sitting cross-legged amongst a lot of loose straw, and swinging itself to and fro like a bear in a cage, made him pause. Then this tramp stood up silently before him, one mass of mud and filth from head to foot. Smith, alone amongst his stacks with this apparition, in the stormy twilight ringing with the infuriated barking of the dog, felt the dread of an inexplicable strangeness. But when that being, parting with"
Author: Joseph Conrad
15. "I am a total workaholic. If I don't shoot for two days, I get uncomfortable at home. I won't comment on my personal life. That is totally out of bounds. When I do get married, everyone will know."
Author: Karisma Kapoor
16. "If you were to die tommorow what would you do today? You get one and only one chance in this lifetime every single day is not garuanteed. Wake up show the world who you are, Dont wake up to be average! Average is not for you. You are determined for greatness just stand up for it, don't sit back and wait for it. We are hooked on movies or inspirational qoutes or speeches! But none of it matters without knowing it in your heart that you are ready to change! Be something that even yourself will look up to and you will never be a failure! the only persons opinion that matters is your own, Everyday people die with un said things and goals that could have been met but never gave the effort to, Don't be that person. Make every minute of everyday count, Shine like you were ment to shine"
Author: Kevin Skeens
17. "I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus until I met my nanny, who helped me through a failing marriage and raising my two boys in a New York City apartment. She showed me by example what it was like to be able to talk to Jesus and bring all my cares and worries to Him. That was in 1990."
Author: Kim Alexis
18. "Branch Rickey once said of me that I was a man with an infinite capacity for immediately making a bad thing worse."
Author: Leo Durocher
19. "The problem with losing your anonymity is that you can never go back."
Author: Marla Maples
20. "...eventually tides will be the only calendar you believe in…And someone's face, whom you love, will be as a starBoth intimate and ultimate, And you will be heart-shaken and respectful. And you will hear the air itself, like a beloved, whisperOh let me, for a while longer, enter the twoBeautiful bodies of your lungs...Look, and look again.This world is not just a little thrill for your eyes.It's more than bones.It's more than the delicate wrist with its personal pulse.It's more than the beating of a single heart.It's praising.It's giving until the giving feels like receiving.You have a life- just imagine that!You have this day, and maybe another, and maybeStill another…And I have become the child of the clouds, and of hope.I have become the friend of the enemy, whoever that is.I have become older and, cherishing what I have learned, I have become younger.And what do I risk to tell you this, which is all I know?Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world. "
Author: Mary Oliver
21. "The gospel of submission, commitment, decision, and victorious living is not good news about what God has achieved but a demand to save ourselves with God's help. Besides the fact that Scripture never refers to the gospel as having a personal relationship with Jesus nor defines faith as a decision to ask Jesus to come into our heart, this concept of salvation fails to realize that everyone has a personal relationship with God already: either as a condemned criminal standing before a righteous judge or as a justified coheir with Christ and adopted child of the Father."
Author: Michael S. Horton
22. "And most of all, I wanted to my Kash. I wanted to be wrapped in his arms in our bed. I wanted to go back to the night of the whipped cream war, and beg him to stay home with me so none of this would happened. I wanted to a way to tell him I was okay. I wanted to know that I was going to see him again. And I wanted to know if he was trying to find me."
Author: Molly McAdams
23. "Life is made up of sobs, sniffles, and smiles, with sniffles predominating."
Author: O. Henry
24. "Go to hell and take that with you!" She shouted it right in Amelie's face. Evewas an exotic blaze of color against Amelie's white fury.And then she slapped the Founder in the face."
Author: Rachel Caine
25. "May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know Him better. I want to know and rely on the love You have for me, Jesus, and live in that love. You say that whoever lives in love lives in You, and You in him. In this way, love is made complete in me, so that I can have confidence today and forever. I want an up close and personal relationship with You, one where I don't have to pretend or hide. When I feel insecure, insignificant, or unloved, remind me of Your perfect love that has the power to cast out my fear. Thank You for Your love that is patient, is kind, and keeps no record of my wrongs. I trust that because Your love is perfect, I don't have to be. I will remain in Your love and be confident of this: that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."
Author: Renee Swope
26. "There couldn't be better parents than mine, loving yet strict. They disciplined with love. A child without discipline is, in away, a lost child. You cannot have freedom without discipline."
Author: Ricardo Montalban
27. "When the immense drugged universe explodesIn a cascade of unendurable colourAnd leaves us gasping naked,This is no more than the ectasy of chaos:Hold fast, with both hands, to that royal loveWhich alone, as we know certainly, restoresFragmentation into true being.Ecstasy of Chaos"
Author: Robert Graves
28. "The patient is the one with the disease"
Author: Samuel Shem
29. "Most officially "poor" Americans today have things that middle-class Americans of an earlier time could only dream about—including color TV, videocassette recorders, microwave ovens, and their own cars. Moreover, half of all poor households have air-conditioning.Leftist redistribution of income could never accomplish that, because there are simply not enough rich people for their wealth to have such a dramatic effect on the living standards of the poor, even if it was all confiscated and redistributed. Moreover, many attempts at redistributing wealth in various countries around the world have ended up redistributing poverty.After all, rich people can see the political handwriting on the wall, and can often take their money and leave the country, long before a government program can get started to confiscate it. They are also likely to take with them skills and entrepreneurial experience that are even harder to replace than the money."
Author: Thomas Sowell
30. "So sweet and delicious do I become,when I am in bed with a manwho, I sense, loves and enjoys me,that the pleasure I bring excels all delight,so the knot of love, however tightit seemed before, is tied tighter still."
Author: Veronica Franco
31. "So dear I love him that with him, All deaths I could endure. Without him, live no life"
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About A Personal Relationship With Jesus Pictures