Famous Quotes About A Prayerful Woman
Browse 25 famous quotes and sayings about A Prayerful Woman.
Top Quotes About A Prayerful Woman
1. "The crow cawed again overhead, and a strong sea wind came in and burst through the trees, making the green pine needles shake themselves all over the place. That sound always gave me goose bumps, the good kind. It was the sound an orphan governess hears in a book,before a mad woman sets the bed curtains on fire."
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
2. "I have never cried in the shower. That's a woman thing I think."
Author: Bill Callahan
3. "When I doing dinner theater in high school, I was talking to a woman who had been in the business for a while and I said I want to act, that's all I want to do with my life and she said if you're serious then you need to hone every discipline you can."
Author: Blair Underwood
4. "That woman is the most difficult, the most stubborn redhead I've ever had the displeasure of meeting."He shot off, leaving only a blurry streak in his wake."And you're falling in love with her," Kylie whispered."
Author: C.C. Hunter
5. "And much like the despairity of the woman who can never bear children, my dreams can never bear fruit. They are the mountains I can never climb.The hurdles I can never leap.The seas I can never cross. The skies I can never look up to.Yet, I adopt them. Unblemished.Guilt-free."
Author: Chirag Tulsiani
6. "Our bones only ache while the flesh is on them. Stretch it thin as the temple flesh of an ailing woman and still it serves to ache the bone and to move the bone about; and in like manner the night is a skin pulled over the head of day that the day may be in a torment. We will find no comfort until the night melts away; until the fury of the night rots out its fire."
Author: Djuna Barnes
7. "You can't eat hope,' the woman said.You can't eat it, but it sustains you,' the colonel replied."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
8. "In my ballets, woman is first. Men are consorts. God made men to sing the praises of women. They are not equal to men: They are better."
Author: George Balanchine
9. "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
Author: George Burns
10. "Inside the room, a man and a woman were wrestling. They were both naked."
Author: George R.R. Martin
11. "...the surfeit of loss in my life has convinced me it will be easier to be grieved for than to grieve."Bethia as an old woman about to diep 257"
Author: Geraldine Brooks
12. "You can forgive a young cunt anything. A young cunt doesn't have to have brains. They're better without brains. But an old cunt, even if she's brilliant, even if she's the most charming woman in the world, nothing makes any difference. A young cunt is an investment; an old cunt is a dead loss. All they can do for you is buy you things. But that doesn't put meat on their arms or juice between their legs."
Author: Henry Miller
13. "They wanted to make her less rural, less of a cartoon. Not that Southern woman are cartoonish - they're the strongest women in this country, but with Val they wanted to take the stereotypical things out."
Author: Joan Van Ark
14. "You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting "Vanity," thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for you own pleasure."
Author: John Berger
15. "When a woman with an iron fist tells you to get out there and clean spit off the door, you do it. Especially when the iron's hot."
Author: Markus Zusak
16. "That's when his job got tough. Since that night, his shift had yet to go by without one of the inmates waking up with the night horrors. They all claimed the woman in Room 7 walked into their dreams. They couldn't – or wouldn't – elaborate on the details. Claude described the dreams to Dr. Morial, the ward's on-call psychiatrist. Morial asked him if he liked his job. Claude let it drop. Life was complicated enough without trying to figure out why a bunch of loonies should fixate on a fellow inmate they had never seen. Or how they could describe her so well."
Author: Nancy A. Collins
17. "And did I pass?" The face of the old woman on my right was unreadable in the gathering dusk. On my left the younger woman said, "You don't pass or fail at being a person, dear."
Author: Neil Gaiman
18. "The only way a woman can ever reform a man is by boring him so completely that he loses all possible interest in life."
Author: Oscar Wilde
19. "I think I'm just really in love with women, and I love to see them looking incredibly, truly beautiful. I think every time a woman wears one of my dresses, you know, in a matter of speaking, I'm having a little love affair with her!"
Author: Prabal Gurung
20. "A tamed woman will never leave her mark in the world."
Author: Robert M Drake
21. "I really admire a woman for her intelligence, her personality. Beauty is not enough."
Author: Roberto Cavalli
22. "There is sorrow enough in the natural wayFrom men and woman to fill our day;But when we are certain of sorrow in store,Why do we always arrange for more?Brothers & Sisters, I bid you bewareOf giving your heart to a dog to tear."
Author: Rudyard Kipling
23. "I think I've had a shit, Shaya." The poor woman sounded distressed and mortified. "Have I, Grace? Don't lie to me." "No, you haven't.""I have, you're lying. Is she lying, Lydia?""No," Lydia quickly said, "you haven't, I promise."
Author: Suzanne Wright
24. "Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this, Ridcully reflected as the council grumbled in, would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to choose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.Indeed, as a goddess she would have lots of shoes, and thus many choices: comfy shoes for home truths, hobnail boots for unpleasant truths, simple clogs for universal truths and possibly some kind of slipper for self-evident truth.More important right now was what kind of truth he was going to have to impart to his colleagues, and he decided not on the whole truth, but instead on nothing but the truth, which dispensed with the need for honesty."
Author: Terry Pratchett
25. "Blessed be Providence which has given to each his toy: the doll to the child, the child to the woman, the woman to the man, the man to the devil."
Author: Victor Hugo
Quotes About A Prayerful Woman Pictures