Famous Quotes About Accen
Browse 444 famous quotes and sayings about Accen.
Top Quotes About Accen
1. "America is remarkable, don't you think so? When I came to Washington, I was twelve years old. I spoke English with an English accent. It was assumed that it would go on in that way."
Author: Ahmet Ertegun
2. "You got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and latch on to the affirmative. Don't mess with Mr. In Between."
Author: Ann M. Martin
3. "Apparently when I went to school, I had a Glasgow accent."
Author: Annalena McAfee
4. "Egli era libero, ma infinitamente libero, fino a non sentirsi pesare sulla terra. Gli mancava quel peso delle relazioni umane che ostacola il passo, gli mancavano quelle lacrime, quegli addii, quelle gioie, quei rimproveri, tutto ciò che un uomo accarezza o distrugge ad ogni gesto che accenna, quei mille vincoli che lo appesantiscono legandolo agli altri."
Author: Antoine De Saint Exupéry
5. "I'm a big cockeyed optimist. I try to accentuate the positive as opposed to the negative."
Author: Betty White
6. "Such is my relationship with God: on my gigantic canvass of life, I am the one throwing all of the brightly-colored paints, creating genuine splatters, authentic whirlpools of color, beautiful patterns, wonderful streaks and stains and wild accents; God is the one with the paintbrush who stands beside my canvass filling all the intricate and amazing details in between the whirlpools and the streaks! We're happy together!"
Author: C. JoyBell C.
7. "Well, look who's on my front porch," he said, speaking Empire with this odd hissing accent. "A murderer and a cross-dressing pirate."I looked down at my clothes, ripped and shredded and covered in mud and sand and dried blood. I'd forgotten I was dressed like a boy."So are you here to kill me or to rob me?" the man said. "I generally don't find it useful to glow when undertaking acts of subterfuge, but then, I'm just a wizard"
Author: Cassandra Rose Clarke
8. "I would quite like to do a different accent or play something so different from myself because Olivia, the character I play in this film, is similar to me."
Author: Charlotte Church
9. "I wasn't drunk," Alynwick grumbled. "I tchin' for a fight, aye, but no' drunk.""Careful," Black said with some amusement, "your cultured English accent is giving way to your heathen Highland one."
Author: Charlotte Featherstone
10. "I hate Risk. I have for many years now. I hate that you still like Risk. I hate that you guilt me into playing with you because no one else will. I hate that you do the accents of the countries you're attacking from. And I hate that you wear a beret every time we play. God, do I hate the beret."
Author: Colin Nissan
11. "The nobler sort of man emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad. The inferior does."
12. "It was fascinating to watch her spin the tale. She'd adjusted her accent yet again, adding just a twitch of country. She looked up at him with just the right amount of girlish adoration. As if they were deeply in love and barely beginning to discover one another.He couldn't help looking back with the same expression. He wasn't dissembling."
Author: Courtney Milan
13. "I know what cancer was. How is it like humankind?"Sek Hardeen's perfectly modulated, softly accented tones showed a hint of agitation. "We have spread out through the galaxy like cancer cells through a living body, Duré. We multiply without thought to the countless life forms that must die or be pushed aside so that we may breed and flourish. We eradicate competing forms of intelligent life."
Author: Dan Simmons
14. "And when he had put his hand on mine with a cheerful look, wherefrom I took courage, he brought me within to the secret things. Here sighs, laments, and deep wailings were resounding through the starless air; wherefore at first I wept thereat. Strange tongues, horrible utterances, words of woe, accents of anger, voices high and faint, and sounds of hands with them, were making a tumult which whirls always in that air forever dark, like the sand when the whirlwind breathes."
Author: Dante Alighieri
15. "And practice this: ‘Yo no soy una puta.'" Kyle said the words in an angry, accented voice.Livia raised a sensitive, red, now-thin eyebrow at her sister."It means ‘I am not a hooker' in Spanish. And you already know it in English, so you should be good."
Author: Debra Anastasia
16. "I could feel she was angry with me because of my gawkiness, because of my accent and my oilskin bag, bound with twine. She talked to herself, mumbled, as the train rumbled along. Then all of a sudden her mood changed and she kissed me and hugged me and said my mother and her mother were first cousins and that meant that she and I were second cousins and would be buddies."
Author: Edna O'Brien
17. "When my grandfather died, I started adopting some of his accents, to sort of remind myself of him. A homage. He was a war hero, and he was really great with his hands."
Author: Gavin DeGraw
18. "Who's that new guy with the snooty accent who came out and talked to the police?" Evan persisted. "He looks like some kind of male model.""That's just my cousin Ian," Amy explained."Not much of a family resemblance," Evan noted sourly."He's like a twenty-fifth cousin, ten times removed."Evan was not satisfied."
Author: Gordon Korman
19. "It was, to reiterate, to stress, to accentuate the point, to leave no doubt, hot."
Author: J. Maarten Troost
20. "Usually, certainly British singers, adopt an American accent when they sing and I think that usually people are thinking of somebody else, but I just think of very specific people."
Author: Jane Horrocks
21. "Accents can be a great tool to tell a story - but if you do it wrong, it pulls you right out of the movie."
Author: Jeremy Renner
22. "In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."
Author: Joe Biden
23. "Maybe we've been brainwashed by 130 years of Yankee history, but Southern identity now has more to do with food, accents, manners, music than the Confederate past. It's something that's open to both races, a variety of ethnic groups and people who move here."
Author: John Shelton Reed
24. "I spotted Dray standing to one side of the room and made my way to him. A mime accosted me along the way, but I did my best Russian-accented English and said, "In my country, we shoot mimes on the spot." The poor guy blanched beneath his white make up and backed away."
Author: Kate Evangelista
25. "Mrs. Charlotte Phelan's Guide to Husband-Hunting, Rule Number One: a pretty, petite girl should accentuate with makeup and good posture. A tall plain one, with a trust fund."
Author: Kathryn Stockett
26. "Everyone's hip to the fact that we all do things to accentuate our looks - and it's much more accepted."
Author: Kyan Douglas
27. "I need to pull away from this - She gestured between them languidly - "because When I'm with you, I lose my balance. I don't feel calm and happy.She leaned forward, and Kane swallowed down his immediate urge to leap across the table and crush her thin lips under his."When I am with you," Claire said, her accent rolling through the words like thunder, "I am a starving lion, raging at my captivity."
Author: Louisa Edwards
28. "Her voice was slightly accented but her French was perfect. Someone who'd not just learned the language but loved it. And it showed with every syllable. Gamache knew it was impossible to split language from culture. That without one the other withered. To love the language was to respect the culture."
Author: Louise Penny
29. "Always write as if you are talking to someone. It works. Don't put on any fancy phrases or accents or things you wouldn't say in real life."
Author: Maeve Binchy
30. "Oh, did I mention that he's Spanish, as in from Spain, and that he occasionally slips into his native tongue? (Add your own sexual innuendo here. It's just too easy for me. Really.) He's from Madrid but has lived here for more than a decade, long enough to master English, but without flattening his Castilian quirks. Who knew a lispy accent could be so manly? So damn sexy? I hear those "ths" clinging to his tongue and go loco."
Author: Megan McCafferty
31. "And secondly, losing your virginity doesn't make you a slut. I slept with your father when I was your age. . . ''Mia,' my father roared from the other room.'What? So we're going to lie to her now,?' she shouted back.He walked in. 'What if your mother finds out? Or my mother?''Robert, it was twenty years ago. I don't think there's much they can do.'He looked at me, pointing a finger. 'No sex for you.' He used the Soup Nazi's accent from Seinfeld."
Author: Melina Marchetta
32. "I was kidnapped by aliens, they came down from outer space with ray guns, but I fooled them by wearing a wig and laughing in a foreign accent, and I escaped."
Author: Neil Gaiman
33. "My mom has an English accent, so we always referred to the trunk as the 'boot.' And then, suddenly, we moved to Georgia and I would say things like 'open the boot' with a bit of an accent, and I quickly realized I had to adapt; that kind of thing will get you beat up!"
Author: Nicole Beharie
34. "Language development, for instance, has a critical period that begins in infancy and ends between eight years and puberty. After this critical period closes, a person's ability to learn a second language without an accent is limited. In fact, second languages learned after the critical period are not processed in the same part of the brain as is the native tongue."
Author: Norman Doidge
35. "I am starting to talk fast now, and I have to remember to slow down because when I get excited, I start to sound like myself and my American accent goes away."
Author: NoViolet Bulawayo
36. "I just wanted to be an ordinary, middle-class person. When I was at Cambridge, I made great efforts to lose the last remnants of my Cockney accent."
Author: Peter Ackroyd
37. "I'm avampire. I havesecret powers ," he said with a full-on fake Transylvanian accent, which he dropped to say, "Actually, your mom let me in."
Author: Rachel Caine
38. "I always keep a woman's body in mind, accentuating her best features."
Author: Rachel Roy
39. "I do accents. Sometimes when I've had a few drinks, I speak in different accents all night long, and then at the end of an evening someone will say to me, 'Seriously, where are you from?'"
Author: Rebecca Mader
40. "Day wouldn't have understood the concept of immortal cells or HLA markers coming from anyone, accent or not—he'd only gone to school for four years of his life, and he'd never studied science. The only kind of cell he'd heard of was the kind Zakariyya was living in out at Hagerstown. So he did what he'd always done when he didn't understand something a doctor said: he nodded and said yes."
Author: Rebecca Skloot
41. "Angeline's been hanging out with that dhampir. I just saw them walking off together. Is something going on with them?""Which dhampir?" I asked."The one with the fake British accent.""I don't think it's fake.""Well, whatever." Even I could read the jealousy in Trey's features. "What's up with them?""Pretty sure there's nothing.""Then why are they always together?"Because she's trying to get over you, I thought."
Author: Richelle Mead
42. "I created the characters from what I read in the script. I decided how I should talk, accent, no accent, my own voice, or a created voice. Then, I visualize what I should look like."
Author: Ruth Buzzi
43. "I do have a Mexican accent, but that doesn't mean that I'm a Latin vamp."
Author: Salma Hayek
44. "Try and fit in in a New Zealand playground with an Armagh accent - it doesn't work."
Author: Sam Neill
45. "I was raised to be kind. My parents were underdogs. Immigrant Jews. I spoke with an accent. I didn't speak English even - I spoke French and Yiddish mostly. I was picked on."
Author: Saul Rubinek
46. "HIT SONG written by Johnny Mercer during the Second World War contained the words "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative…."
Author: Sir John Templeton
47. "..(l'architecte) il compose la musique que d'autres vont jouer. De plus, afin de vraiment comprendre ce qu'est l'architecture, il faut se rappeler que les gens qui l'interprètent ne sont pas des musiciens sensibles qui jouent la partition de quelqu'un d'autre, lui donnant un phrasé particulier, accentuant l'un ou l'autre trait de l'oeuvre. Au contraire, c'est une multitude de gens ordinaires qui, comme des fourmis travaillant ensemble à la construction de la fourmilière, contribuent de manière tout à fait impersonnelle à l'ensemble, souvent sans comprendre ce qu'ils aident à créer. Derrière eux il y a l'architecte qui organise le travail, et l'on pourrait vraiment dire que l'architecture est un art d'organisation. Le bâtiment est produit comme un film sans vedettes, une sorte de documentaire avec des gens ordinaires qui jouent tous les rôles."
Author: Steen Eiler Rasmussen
48. "There are accents in the eye which are not on the tongue, and more tales come from pale lips than can enter an ear. It is both the grandeur and the pain of the remoter moods that they avoid the pathway of sound."
Author: Thomas Hardy
49. "Quassù, la sensazione che la natura ha una sua presenza psichica è fortissima. A volte, quando tutto imbacuccato contro il freddo mi fermo ad osservare, seduto su un grotto, il primo raggio di sole che accende le vette dei ghiacciai e lentamente solleva il velo di oscurità, facendo emergere catene e catene di altre montagne dal fondo lattiginoso delle valli, un'aria di immensa gioia pervade il mondo ed io stesso mi ci sento avvolto, assieme agli alberi, gli uccelli, le formiche: sempre la stessa vita in tante diverse, magnifiche forme."
Author: Tiziano Terzani
50. "For me, my taste isn't limited to magical films. Whatever I read and I like, I go up for, and a lot of the time it's an American accent which can be quite trying, but I'm working on it as much as I can."
Author: William Moseley