Famous Quotes About Accomplishing Greatness
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Accomplishing Greatness.
Top Quotes About Accomplishing Greatness
1. "Faculty Meetings are held whenever the need to show off is combinedwith the imperative of accomplishing nothing."
Author: Alexander Theroux
2. "...I've gotten endless signs of the greatness of God's love and hilarious care, but I always end up needing a newer sign, maybe one that is cuter and more spangly."
Author: Anne Lamott
3. "She had set out to break him, as if, unable to equal his value, she could surpass it by destroying it, as if the measure of his greatness would thus become the measure of hers, as if…the vandal who smashed a statue were greater than the artist who made it, as if the murderer who killed a child were greater than the mother who had given it birth."
Author: Ayn Rand
4. "No student ever attains very eminent success by simply doing what is required of him: it is the amount and excellence of what is over and above the required, that determines the greatness of ultimate distinction."
Author: Charles Kendall Adams
5. "Our success will not come from the acts of our forefathers, but can come alone from what we are doing now. Those who have inherited rich blood can use that richness in building greatness in themselves, but those who have not the privilege of such inheritance need not be discouraged. They can create their own rich blood and make it as rich as they like."
Author: Christian D. Larson
6. "Honest talk about the deficit is risky. Voters are more enthusiastic about the abstract notion of deficit reduction than about the painful details of accomplishing it."
Author: Christina Romer
7. "There is a seed of greatness in all of us but we need one another to bring forth these rivers of life out of our bellies."
Author: Euginia Herlihy
8. "Some have greatness thrust upon them, but not lately."
Author: Frank Dane
9. "For more than half a century I have tried to confront greatness directly, hardly a fashionable stance, but I see no other justification for literary criticism in the shadows of our Evening Land. Over time the strong poets settle these matters for themselves, and precursors remain alive in their progeny. Readers in our flooded landscape use their own perceptiveness. But an advance can be of some help. If you believe that the canon in time will select itself, you still can follow a critical impulse to hasten the process, as I did with the later Stevens, Ashbury, and, more recently, Henri Cole."
Author: Harold Bloom
10. "Daughter! Get you an honest man for a husband, and keep him honest. No matter whether he is rich, provided he be independent. Regard the honor and moral character of the man more than all other circumstances. Think of no other greatness but that of the soul, no other riches but those of the heart. An honest, sensible, humane man, above all the littleness of vanity and extravagances of imagination, laboring to do good rather than be rich, to be useful rather than make a show, living in modest simplicity clearly within his means and free from debts and obligations, is really the most respectable man in society, makes himself and all about him most happy."
Author: John Adams
11. "When you shift conversations and explore the greatness of your team members, you're likely to be a person who creates opportunities for their strength to show up on the job."
Author: John Yokoyama
12. "There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
13. "You talk here about greatness. I just wanted to ask if you could understand what it was we were going for. That there is greatness in the attempt - something in the trying. That in trying, we set up a certain scaffolding that a new generation can use to climb to heights we only dreamed of."
Author: Liza Palmer
14. "When you are destined for greatness, it shows in everything you do.It becomes you. Greatness becomes you."
Author: Lorii Myers
15. "As she looked in the full-length mirror in her dressing room, she added a few ropes of pearls, pinned a white silk camellia, and draped the Chantilly lace shawl. In that moment, Dana thought of fashion's most enduring icon who created this elegant and alluring style, and the happy personal life that eluded her. Mademoiselle Chanel died in 1971 at the age of eighty-eight while working on her spring collection, but her passion for work did not fill the void of marriage and children. Her success was costly, but clearly the choice of an uncompromising woman determined to achieve greatness on her own. She once said, "I never wanted to weigh more heavily on a man than a bird."
Author: Lynn Steward
16. "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
Author: Mahatma Gandhi
17. "To write about him is to write about Greatness. To discuss him is todiscuss Intellectual Brilliance. To think of him is to think of Modesty,Simplicity and Lucidity. To remember him is to remember Nationalism atits finest hour. He was not one of those who merely achieved greatnessnor certainly one of those upon whom greatness was thrust-he was infact born great."
Author: Munindra Misra
18. "The pursuit of greatness means that laziness has no place in your life."
Author: Pat Conroy
19. "I believe that we, that this planet, hasn't seen its Golden Age. Everybody says its finished ... art's finished, rock and roll is dead, God is dead. Fuck that! This is my chance in the world. I didn't live back there in Mesopotamia, I wasn't there in the Garden of Eden, I wasn't there with Emperor Han, I'm right here right now and I want now to be the Golden Age ...if only each generation would realise that the time for greatness is right now when they're alive ... the time to flower is now."
Author: Patti Smith
20. "I understand once again that the greatness of God always reveals itself in the simple things."
Author: Paulo Coelho
21. "Let no one be discouraged by the belief there is nothing one person can do against the enormous array of the world's ills, misery, ignorance, and violence. Few will have the greatness to bend history, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. And in the total of all those acts will be written the history of a generation."
Author: Robert F. Kennedy
22. "?I shall no longer fear what's on the roads ahead of me...nor shall I be in despair about what I left behind. I shall live in the present moment and strive for greatness and work to brighten humanity with each step I take.?"
Author: Timothy Pina
23. "In our country for all her greatness there is one thing she cannot do and that is translate a person wholly out of one class into another. Perfect translation from one language into another is impossible. Class is the British language."
Author: William Golding
24. "His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad"
Author: William Montgomery Watt
Quotes About Accomplishing Greatness Pictures