Famous Quotes About Activa
Browse 114 famous quotes and sayings about Activa.
Top Quotes About Activa
1. "De la realidad, misteriosa, tan vasta y imprevisible, no percibimos más que lo que se filtra a través de nuestro minúsculo punto de vista. La imaginación activa es la clave de una visión amplia, permite enfocar la vida desde puntos de vista que no son los nuestros, pensar y sentir a partir de diferentes ángulos. Ésa es la verdadera libertad: ser capaz de salir de uno mismo, atravesar los limites de nuestro pequeño mundo individual para abrirse al universo."
Author: Alejandro Jodorowsky
2. "Les points d'alimentationPowerpointsthat discuss power pointsand targets of softtargets Sweet Açaífell in love with GrapefruitPaint my skin with honeyactivate the points of powerpowerpointsque discuterles points d'alimentationet les objectifs de mouobjectifsacai douxtombé en amour avecpamplemoussePeindre ma peau avec du mielactiver les points de puissance"
Author: Antonia Perdu
3. "The neural basis for the self, as I see it, resides with the continuous reactivation of at least two sets of representations. One set concerns representations of key events in an individual's autobiography, on the basis of which a notion of identity can be reconstructed repeatedly, by partial activation in topologically organized sensory maps. ... In brief, the endless reactivation of updated images about our identity (a combination of memories of the past and of the planned future) constitutes a sizable part of the state of self as I understand it.The second set of representations underlying the neural self consists of the primordial representations of an individual's body ... Of necessity, this encompasses background body states and emotional states. The collective representation of the body constitute the basis for a "concept" of self, much as a collection of representations of shape, size, color, texture, and taste can constitute the basis for the concept of orange."
Author: Antonio R. Damasio
4. "To do great things, a person needs invariably his heart pain to activate his human brain to train his life to remain unrestrained to do only the activity that soothes his soul."
Author: Anuj Somany
5. "Reading activates and exercises the mind.Reading forces the mind to discriminate. From the beginning, readers have to recognize letters printed on the page, make them into words, the words into sentences, and the sentences into concepts.Reading pushes us to use our imagination and makes us more creatively inclined."
Author: Ben Carson
6. "Pero ¿por qué hemos de empeñarnos en pensar que el universo fue hecho para nosotros? ¿Por qué resulta tan atractiva esa idea? ¿Por qué seguimos alimentándola? ¿Es tan precaria nuestra autoestima que no podemos conformarnos con nada inferior a un universo hecho a nuestra medida? Naturalmente, la cuestión apela a nuestra vanidad. "Lo que un hombre desea, también lo imagina como cierto", dijo Demóstenes. "La luz de la fe nos hace ver lo que creemos", admitió alegremente santo Tomás de Aquino."
Author: Carl Sagan
7. "Basically, love and hate activate similar circuits in the brain, but hate also activates the circuits used for rational thought. Which means, when you hate my adorable lips, you're thinking quite clearly, unlike when you think of how I love you and you turn unto a pile of irrational mush. In other words, you love me with all your circuits."
Author: Cassia Leo
8. "The inhibition of an inhibitor leads to the activation of an inhibitor of an inhibitory pathway. This is the point where most people might be tempted to give up on biochemistry!"
Author: Chris Cooper
9. "So, she wasn't tripping with us, but somehow our own heightened psychic abilities caused any latent power in her to be activated, as well."
Author: Christa Faust
10. "Nearly all runners do their slow runs too fast, and their fast runs too slow." Ken Mierke says. "So they're just training their bodies to burn sugar, which is the last thing a distance runner wants. You've got enough fat stored to run to California, so the more you train your body to burn fat instead of sugar, the longer your limited sugar tank is going to last."-The way to activate your fat-burning furnace is by staying below your aerobic threshold--your hard-breathing point--during your endurance runs."
Author: Christopher McDougall
11. "Me, while I'm heading west, asleep at Mach 0.83, or 455 miles an hour, or true airspeed, the FBI is bomb-squading my suitcase on a vacated runway back in Dulles. Nine out of ten times, the security task force guy says, the vibration is an electric razor. The other time, it's a vibrating dildo.Imagine, the task force guy says, telling a passenger on arrival that a dildo kept her baggage on the East Coast. Sometimes it's even a man. It's airline policy not to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Use the indefinite article.A dildo.Never your dildo.Never say the dildo accidentally turned itself on.A dildo activated itself and created an emergency situation that required the evacuating of your baggage."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
12. "If I ran the world, I would find a way to bring the wealth of human good intentions and corporate good intentions together - to activate them collectively into shared action against shared objectives that produces shared hard, tangible results."
Author: Cindy Gallop
13. "Nothing does more to activate Christian divisions than talk about Christian unity."
Author: Conor Cruise O'Brien
14. "Nothing activates adrenaline production like pain. - Dr. Sienna Brooks"
Author: Dan Brown
15. "Mi padre solía hacer algo similar —dice ella—. Esa atractiva, encantadora seducción. Pasé los primeros pocos años de mi vida viendo a mi madre anhelarlo, fuertemente. Amándolo y deseándolo mucho después del tiempo cuando él había perdido el poco interés en ella que había podido contener. Hasta un día cuando yo tenía cinco años y ella se quitó la vida. Cuando fui lo suficientemente mayor para entenderlo, me prometí a mi misma que no sufriría por nadie. Tomará mucho más que esa encantadora sonrisa tuya para seducirme."
Author: Erin Morgenstern
16. "Volcanic ash will be experienced in all parts of your world, as the volcanoes around your earth are simultaneously activated. Face masks and goggles will be of great value"
Author: Esther Hicks
17. "A strong pattern of negative emotion attached to a specific subject means that the thoughts you have chronically activated about that subject strongly disagree with the perspective of your Source."
Author: Esther Hicks
18. "The key to activating maturation is to take care of the attachment needs of the child. To foster independance we must first invite dependance; to promote individuation we must provide a sense of belonging and unity; to help the child separate we must assume the responsibility for keeping the child close. We help a child let go by providing more contact and connection than he himself is seeking. When he asks for a hug, we give him a warmer one than he is giving us. We liberate children not by making them work for our love but by letting them rest in it. We help a child face the separation involved in going to sleep or going to school by satisfying his need for closeness."
Author: Gordon Neufeld
19. "...A thought robot activated by the tremendous energies unleashed during collisions of fundamental opposing qualities. A new fusion process powered by... 'dualites'? No. There are no dualities. Only symmetries." Final Crisis: Superman Beyond"
Author: Grant Morrison
20. "The only power that can effect transformations of the order (of Jesus) is love. It remained for the 20th century to discover that locked within the atom is the energy of the sun itself. For this energy to be released, the atom must be bombarded from without. So too, locked in every human being is a store of love that partakes of the divine- the imago dei, image of god…And it too can be activated only through bombardment, in its case, love's bombardment. The process begins in infancy, where a mother's initially unilateral loving smile awakens love in her baby and as coordination develops, elicits its answering smile… A loving human being is not produced by exhortations, rules and threats. Love can only take root in children when it comes to them- initially and most importantly from nurturing parents. Ontogenetically speaking, love is an answering phenomenon. It is literally a response."
Author: Huston Smith
21. "Your habits play a massive role in your sinful nature. Our habits are shaped by either a self-disciplined will, or a powerful felt need—and the latter can often pull us into habitual sin. If you really think about it, most sin is derived from a habit that has been formed over an extensive period of time, and then exposes itself when that habit yearns to be activated. On the other hand, forming habits of prayer and worship can also create virtuous habits that can counteract the destructive pull toward sin."
Author: Jarrid Wilson
22. "Turn left in two hundred feet " the computerized voice said in a cheery voice. "There is no turn in two hundred feet you bitch " I yelled toward the screen. "Zoom out." Nothing happened. "ZOOM. OUT " I said again louder before the screen responded to the voice-activated command."
Author: Jenn Bennett
23. "Faith activates God - Fear activates the Enemy."
Author: Joel Osteen
24. "You swear you'll never become your parents. You listen to edgy music, you dress young and hip, you have sex standing up and on kitchen tables, you say "fuck" and "shit" a lot, and then one day, without warning, their words emerge from your mouth like long-dormant sleeper agents suddenly activated. You're still young enough to hear these words through the ears of the teenager sitting beside you, and you realize how pitiful and ultimately futile your efforts will be, a few measly sandbags against the tidal wave of genetic destiny."
Author: Jonathan Tropper
25. "In my role as Wikileaks editor, I've been involved in fighting off many legal attacks. To do that, and keep our sources safe, we have had to spread assets, encrypt everything, and move telecommunications and people around the world to activate protective laws in different national jurisdictions."
Author: Julian Assange
26. "Their flashlight newly activated, they walked him into the cane--never had he heard anything so loud and alien, the susurration, the crackling, the flashes of motion underfoot (snake? mongoose?), overhead even the stars, all of them gathered in vainglorious congress."
Author: Junot Díaz
27. "If we have not struggled/as hard as we can/at our strongest/how will we sense/the shape of our losses/or know what sustains/us longest or name/what change costs us,/saying how strange/it is that one sector/of the self can step in/for another in trouble,/how loss activates/a latent double, how/we can feed/as upon nectar/upon need?"
Author: Kay Ryan
28. "Cuando el portal se activa,es que las coordenadas no son incorrectas"
Author: Laura Gallego García
29. "So you had to piss me off badly enough activate some primal instinct?" I clenched my jaw, grinding my teeth. "I think all you managed to ‘draw out' was fuming rage. I could rip your head off right now.""Save that for later," he waved his hand dismissively. "You have work to do right now."
Author: M.A. George
30. "All countries should immediately now activate their pandemic preparedness plans. Countries should remain on high alert for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia."
Author: Margaret Chan
31. "Neuroscience has proven that similar areas of the brain are activated both in the person who suffers and in the one who feels empathy. Thus, empathic suffering is a true experience of suffering."
Author: Matthieu Ricard
32. "This," Alaric explained to Sarah in what he thought was a kindly voice, "isn't love you're feeling. Only dopamine. Because Felix isn't like anyone else you know. Being a creature of the night, he's new and exciting and activates a neurotransmitter in your brain that releases feelings of euphoria when you're around him…especially because you know you can never actually be together, and he seems complicated, and perhaps even sensitive and vulnerable at times. But I can assure you: he's anything but.""How dare you?" Sarah demanded hotly. "It isn't dopa…whatever! It's love! Love!"
Author: Meg Cabot
33. "Sospechamos que de alguma manera nos hacemos daño no sólo prestando atención a la chachara constante, sino también participando activamente en ella. Que, eventualmente, la palabrería nos quita más de lo que nos da. Pero eso no nos impide continuar haciéndolo, como en cualquier relación que no es perfecta, ya que, de forma similar a lo que ocurre en éstas, no todo es malo."
Author: Meredith Haaf
34. "It had to unleash some invisible magic, he thought; Hades and Persephone, joining together again within these black and holy stone walls, for the first time in millennia. As they indulged in enjoying one another, how could they not be reactivating some power within the Earth itself? Surely they were at least bringing autumn storm clouds rolling and thundering over the Mediterranean.But probably every boy felt that way when finally in bed caressing the girl he loved."
Author: Molly Ringle
35. "The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallow subcategory. He's got esprit up to here. Right now, he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. His uniform is black as activated charcoal, filtering the very light out of the air. A bullet will bounce off its arachnofiber weave like a wren hitting a patio door, but excess perspiration wafts through it like a breeze through a freshly napalmed forest. Where his body has bony extremities, the suit has sintered armorgel: feels like gritty jello, protects like a stack of telephone books."
Author: Neal Stephenson
36. "Astonishingly, in spite of decades of research, there is no agreed theory of cancer, no explanation for why, inside almost all healthy cells, there lurks a highly efficient cancer subroutine that can be activated by a variety of agents - radiation, chemicals, inflammation and infection."
Author: Paul Davies
37. "We "activate a physiological system that has evolved for responding to acute physical emergencies," Sapolsky writes, "but we turn it on for months on end, worrying about mortgages, relationships, and promotions."
Author: Paul Tough
38. "One of the paradoxical and transformative aspects of implicit traumatic memory is that once it is accessed in a resourced way (through the felt sense), it, by its very nature, changes. Out of the shattered fragments of her deeply injured psyche, Jody discovered and nurtured a nascent, emergent self. From the ashes of the frantically activated, hypervigilant, frozen, traumatized girl of twenty-five years ago, Jody began to reorient to a new, less threatening world. Gradually she shaped into a more fluid, resilient, woman, coming to terms with the felt capacity to fiercely defend herself when necessary, and to surrender in quiet ecstasy."
Author: Peter A. Levine
39. "While an impulse toward wholeness is natural and exists in everyone, each of us heals in our own way. Some people heal because they have work to do. Others heal because they have been released from their work and the pressures and expectations that others place on them. Some people need music, others need silence, some need people around them, others heal alone. Many different things can activate and strengthen the life force in us. For each of us there are conditions of healing that are as unique as a fingerprint. Sometimes people ask me what I do in my sessions with patients. Often I just remind people of the possibility of healing and study their own way of dealing with them."
Author: Rachel Naomi Remen
40. "An apparent misfortune of man is that neither good nor evil is an agency itself; both are equally passive choices. Man himself is the ultimate agency. He has the power to realize and activate the dead options. Only then, that is, by the action of Will, good results in good and evil in evil."
Author: Raheel Farooq
41. "The way to activate the seeds of your creation is by making choices about the results you want to create. When you make a choice, you activate vast human energies and resources, which otherwise go untapped."
Author: Robert Fritz
42. "Faith is RECEIVED by HEARING, is ACTIVATED by SPEAKING, and is DEMONSTRATED by DOING!"
Author: Robert G. Paul
43. "Breast Growth Tips Ok, here's a tip if you want to grow your breasts. It's not the weed that does it, it's the getting off pills. Annie, for example, had been on pills since she was 16, so nearly 20 years. It took her about 5 months to get completely off pills, with the aid of cannabis and hash, and another 2 months for her breasts to grow. Yes, I helped her with all of this. If she says otherwise, she's lying, as she often does. The growth is not caused by cannabis, but by getting away from the growth-stunting pills. In Annie's case, there was another factor, the activating of her chakras etc. That is important as well. So, to recap, in order to grow your breasts: a. Get off pills and stay off. b. Smoke cannabis and hash to help with a. c. Activate your chakras and kundalini. d. Play with your new boobies. Oil the nipples, it keeps them moist and prevents chafing. That is all. ~ Sienna"
Author: Sienna McQuillen
44. "Let Pirelli's / Miracle Elixir / Activate your roots, sir... Keep it off your boots, sir- / Eats right through. Yes, get Pirelli's! / Use a bottle of it! / Ladies seem to love it... Flies do, too!"
Author: Stephen Sondheim
45. "Perspective makes all the difference. It's not what you look at; it's what you see… Remember that the sun never actually sets; it's our perspective that makes it appear to. Our sunset is another's sunrise. It's all perspective. How would your life be different if you applied this truth to the things that cause you stress? Letting go isn't about erasing the past; it's about looking at the same event and seeing something different. Activate this power in your life! Take the pain and poison of the past and allow it to nourish a new found wisdom. Remember, you can't change the past, but you can change the labels you place on events. Perspective - it's not what you look at; it's what you see."
Author: Steve Maraboli
46. "But when the group is literally capable of changing our perceptions, and when to stand alone is to activate primitive, powerful, and unconscious feelings of rejection, then the health of these institutions seems far more vulnerable than we think."
Author: Susan Cain
47. "My father never told us how the stories worked. He didn't reveal the layers, the nuggets of information, the fragments of truth and fantasy. He didn't need to -- because, given the right conditions, the stories activated, sowing themselves."
Author: Tahir Shah
48. "The level of intelligence has been tremendously increased, because people are thinking and communicating in terms of screens, and not in lettered books. Much of the real action is taking place in what is called cyberspace. People have learned how to boot up, activate, and transmit their brains.Essentially, there's a universe inside your brain. The number of connections possible inside your brain is limitless. And as people have learned to have more managerial and direct creative access to their brains, they have also developed matrices or networks of people that communicate electronically. There are direct brain/computer link-ups. You can just jack yourself in and pilot your brain around in cyberspace-electronic space."
Author: Timothy Leary
49. "The book itself is a curious artifact, not showy in its technology but complex and extremely efficient: a really neat little device, compact, often very pleasant to look at and handle, that can last decades, even centuries. It doesn't have to be plugged in, activated, or performed by a machine; all it needs is light, a human eye, and a human mind. It is not one of a kind, and it is not ephemeral. It lasts. It is reliable. If a book told you something when you were fifteen, it will tell it to you again when you're fifty, though you may understand it so differently that it seems you're reading a whole new book."(Staying Awake: Notes on the alleged decline of reading, Harper's Magazine, February 2008)"
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
50. "Lust was a positive high-tension cable, plugged into my core, activating a near-epileptic seizure of conviction that this was the one thing I had to do in life."
Author: Will Self
Quotes About Activa Pictures