Famous Quotes About Addict
Browse 788 famous quotes and sayings about Addict.
Top Quotes About Addict
1. "If you write anything meaningful over there, June, keep it far away from this city. They will turn a story about glue-addicted gypsy children in the Balkans into an animated musical about a tribe of pixie-sized fairy-dust-loving flamenco dancers who live happily ever after with their dancing bears."
Author: Annie Ward
2. "Feminist consciousness-raising has not significantly pushed women in the direction of revolutionary politics. For the most part, it has not helped women understand capitalism–how it works as a system that exploits female labor and its interconnections with sexist oppression. It has not urged women to learn about different political systems like socialism or encouraged women to invent and envision new political systems. It has not attacked materialism and our society's addiction to overconsumption. It has not shown women how we benefit from the exploitation and oppression of women and men globally or shown us ways to oppose imperialism. Most importantly, it has not continually confronted women with the understanding that feminist movement to end sexist oppression can be successful only if we are committed to revolution, to the establishment of a new social order."
Author: Bell Hooks
3. "The main goal of the future is to stop violence. The world is addicted to it."
Author: Bill Cosby
4. "The biggest potential for helping us overcome shame is this: We are "those people." The truth is…we are the others. Most of us are one paycheck, one divorce, one drug-addicted kid, one mental health illness, one sexual assault, one drinking binge, one night of unprotected sex, or one affair away from being "those people"–the ones we don't trust, the ones we pity, the ones we don't let our kids play with, the ones bad things happen to, the ones we don't want living next door."
Author: Brené Brown
5. "Well, c'mon, everyone is a Facebook addict!"
Author: Carlos Pena Jr.
6. "Alcoholism, of course, is more than a habit. It's a physical addiction with psychological and perhaps genetic roots."
Author: Charles Duhigg
7. "Your dad was in a street gang?" My adopted dad was an accountant for a big Fortune 500 corporation. Him, me, and my adopted mom lived in the suburbs in an English Tudor house with a gigantic basement where he fiddled with model trains. The other dads were lawyers and research chemists, but they all ran model trains. Every weekend they could, they'd load into a family van and cruise into the city for research. Snapping pictures of gang members. Gang graffiti. Sex workers walking their tracks. Litter and pollution and homeless heroin addicts. All this, they'd study and bicker about, trying to outdo each other with the most realistic, the grittiest scenes of urban decay they could create in HO train scale in a subdivision basement"
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
8. "And my father always took me to the library. We were both book addicts."
Author: Cornelia Funke
9. "From 18 to 29 I was a heavy smoker, heavy drinker, drug addict, terrible eater and philanderer. The past eight years, since I got sober, have honestly been about trying to peel back each of those habits, to get back to the 12-year-old kid inside who was tremendously excited about life."
Author: Dax Shepard
10. "Yes, I have patterns of love addiction. But I'm a woman. Of course I do."
Author: Emma Forrest
11. "Passion creates, addiction consumes."
Author: Gabor Maté
12. "I was more addicted to self destruction then to the drugs themselves ... something very romantic about it"
Author: Gerard Way
13. "Once I began a book, I couldn't put it down. It was like an addiction; I read while I ate, on the train, in bed until late at night, in school, where I'd keep the book hidden so I could read during class. But I had almost no desire to talk with anyone about the experience I gained through books and music. I felt happy just being me and no one else."
Author: Haruki Murakami
14. "Good habits are as addictive as bad habits, and a lot more rewarding."
Author: Harvey MacKay
15. "I don't care what Einstein said about God not playing dice; If he exists, he's addicted to craps."
Author: Henry Mosquera
16. "KNOW YOUR DOPE FIEND. YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT! You will not be able to see his eyes because of the Tea-Shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim. He will stagger and babble when questioned. He will not respect your badge. The Dope Fiend fears nothing. He will attack, for no reason, with every weapon at his command-including yours. BEWARE. Any officer apprehending a suspected marijuana addict should use all necessary force immediately. One stitch in time (on him) will usually save nine on you. Good luck.-The Chief"
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
17. "I am addicted to hockey now. I've seen it on TV, but to be there? I had no idea that white people were having so much fun without me."
Author: J. B. Smoove
18. "Once I was seated, I couldn't help people-watching. I'll admit it, I'm an addict from way back."
Author: James Patterson
19. "I can't cut back. I've turned into a sex addict. I get within a foot of Ranger or Morelli and I'm ready to go … and go, and go, and go, and go.""That's a lot of going. I'm a retired professional, and it'd be a lot of going even for me. What you need are granny panties. You put on a big ol' pair of ugly granny panties and you won't be dropping your drawers no more. And even if you forget in the heat of the moment, and you pull your skirt up over your head, you're not gonna see no action on account granny panties have a deflating effect on a man. Your man's gonna be going unh ah, no way am I getting busy with a woman wearing granny panties."
Author: Janet Evanovich
20. "Why do the greatest miracle stories seem to come from mission fields, either overseas or among the destitute here at home (the Teen Challenge outreach to drug addicts, for example)? Because the need is there. Christians are taking their sound doctrine and extending it to lives in chaos, which is what God has called us all to do. Without this extension of compassion it is all too easy for Bible teachers and authors to grow haughty. We become proud of what we know. We are so impressed with our doctrinal orderliness that we become intellectually arrogant. We have the rules and theories all figured out while the rest of the world is befuddled and confused about God's truth … poor souls."
Author: Jim Cymbala
21. "Shame was an emotion he had abandoned years earlier. Addicts know no shame. You disgrace yourself so many times you become immune to it."
Author: John Grisham
22. "I have the obsessiveness of someone who's a sober, recovering addict displacing his addiction. Except I never had the addiction."
Author: John Mayer
23. "There is no fact, no detail of our life too sordid for God's intervention. God has seen murder. God has seen rape. God has seen drug addiction's and alcoholism's utter degradation. God is available to us no matter what our circumstances. God can find us in a crack house. God can find us crumpled in a doorway or cowering on a park bench. We need only reach out to discover that God reaches back. We are led a step at a time even when we feel we are alone. Sometimes God talks to us through people. Sometimes God reaches us through circumstances or coincidence. God has a million ways to reach out to us, and when we are open to it, we begin to sense the touch of God coming to us from all directions."
Author: Julia Cameron
24. "It's an addiction... and addiction is something I should know something about."
Author: Keith Richards
25. "I'm addicted to 'Lonely Planet' guides. Naturally, I'll buy one whenever I take a trip somewhere, but it goes beyond that: I've begun buying them for cities and countries I just hope to visit one day."
Author: Lauren Weisberger
26. "For decades the American people have had an addiction to oil and gas."
Author: Lee H. Hamilton
27. "I have an extremely addictive personality. I'm an extremist."
Author: Leif Garrett
28. "Google is my best friend and my worst enemy. It's fabulous for research, but then it becomes addictive. I'll have a character eating an orange, and next thing I'm Googling types of oranges, I'm visiting chat rooms about oranges, I'm learning the history of the orange."
Author: Liane Moriarty
29. "Some of us have become so addicted to pointing fingers at others for all the wrong that happens in our lives that self-assessment has become synonymous with blaming the victim."
Author: LZ Granderson
30. "When you are 18, 19, 20, you're used to being photographed all the time, in a certain way. So, the narcissism becomes almost out of control. And the way that young women are photographed, they become addicted to this feedback of the image."
Author: Marianne Faithfull
31. "I'm addicted to email, but other than that, there are practical things - being able to buy a book on the internet that you can't find in your local bookshop. This could be a lifeline if you live further from the sources."
Author: Marilyn Hacker
32. "The one who has the little need is the one who controls the whole relationship. You can see this dynamic so clearly because usually in every relationship there is one who loves the most and the other who doesn't love, who only takes advantage of the one who gives his or her heart. You can see the way they manipulate each other, their actions and reactions, and they are just like the provider and the drug addict."
Author: Miguel Ruiz
33. "In other words, if Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy showed more than their fair share of pathology it was due less to the requirements of their creative work than to the personal sufferings caused by the unhealthy conditions of a Russian society nearing collapse. If so many American poets and playwrights committed suicide or ended up addicted to drugs and alcohol it was not their creativity that did it but an artistic scene that promised much, gave few rewards and left nine out of ten artists neglected if not ignored."
Author: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
34. "What fascinates me about addiction and obsessive behavior is that people would choose an altered state of consciousness that's toxic and ostensibly destroys most aspects of your normal life, because for a brief moment you feel okay."
35. "Although "addiction" suggests that there's something else they should be doing, and that is often far from clear. Are you addicted if there is simply no reason for you to do anything else? If"
Author: Nick Harkaway
36. "Failure is the ultimate motivator, the supreme teacher, and the definitive guarantee of life. Failure is what makes success so addictive."
Author: Noel DeJesus
37. "My favorite splurge would be gluten-free pizza. Or I'm a total truffle addict so truffle mac and cheese."
Author: Patti Stanger
38. "I have a little bit of an addiction to work. So I'm always hiding in the bathroom with my Blackberry to work when I'm on holiday."
Author: Penelope Cruz
39. "… and power is the strongest drug we can feed on. Power over the self is strengthening. The need for power over others is an addiction that can't be sated."
Author: Ruben Papian
40. "Boggle with sex addicts is up there with go-kart racing with junkies."
Author: Russell Brand
41. "It was so powerful. I knew it was wrong, but it was addicting."
Author: S.C. Stephens
42. "Faith without doubt is addiction"
Author: Salman Rushdie
43. "Listen to me, you little idiot," Sin hissed, leaning forward until his nose nearly touched hers. "You and your friends nearly got me killed, and someone else is in danger because of you oblivious, drug addicted morons bringing us to the attention of a bunch of fanatic psychopaths. So tell me what you know or I will rip your fucking jugular open with my teeth.""There's my boy," Emilio said proudly, grinning."Shut the fuck up," Sin didn't even look at the other man."
Author: Santino Hassell
44. "There are worse addictions than reality TV, chocolate and coffee."
Author: Sarah Dessen
45. "It's easy to dismiss girls who work on the streets as deadbeats or drug addicts without ever thinking about why they;re working as prostitutes. And the truth is that many of them have been trafficked and they work long, exhausting, miserable, soul-destroying hours for men who are cruel and violent. They're constantly afraid, not just because of what might be done to them if they don't do what they're told, but also because of the very real threats that are made against their families and the people they love."
Author: Sophie Hayes
46. "When had being an addict gotten so fucking hard? So exhausting? It had been so easy for so long; she had a steady supply, she kept to herself, nobody bothered her. Now she was constantly up to her ears in intrigue and complications, being torn in every direction but her own, all thanks to her need for those pills"
Author: Stacia Kane
47. "Man cannot live without joy; therefore when he is deprived of true spiritual joys it is necessary that he become addicted to carnal pleasures."
Author: Thomas Aquinas
48. "The loss of connection between churches and neighborhoods creates a corresponding loss of localized imagination and creates an addictive-like dependence on acontextual experts who scan the physical and spiritual horizon for 'success."
Author: Tim Keel
49. "I don't t drink coffee, but I'm a tea addict."
Author: Toks Olagundoye
50. "I had always turned it down-to me, smoking pot was absolutely the worst thing in the world. I thought of it as an addiction, and all my friends who smoked it, I felt they really needed help."
Author: Tommy Rettig
Quotes About Addict Pictures