Famous Quotes About Adeus
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Adeus.
Top Quotes About Adeus
1. "There is a strange kind of human being in whom there is an eternal struggle between body and soul, animal and god, for dominance. In all great men this mixture is striking, and in none more so than in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart."
Author: Alfred Einstein
2. "Foi por ti que num sonho de venturaA flor da mocidade consumi...E às primaveras disse adeus tão cedoE na idade do amor envelheci!"
Author: Álvares De Azevedo
3. "I press my back against the wall and feel the pressure of it against my whole body. I want to feel enclosed again, protected, safe as I was in the village. I wrap the blanket tightly around me, and I try to comfort myself by thinking about Tadeusz, but the loneliness that has opened up inside me is bigger than one person can fill."
Author: Brigid Pasulka
4. "Look at me!' I screeched. ‘Look at me, Amadeus von Linden, you sadistic hypocrite, and watch this time! You're not questioning me now, this isn't your work, I'm not an enemy agent spewing wireless code! I'm just a minging Scots slag screaming insults at your daughter! So enjoy yourself and watch! Think of Isolde! Think of Isolde and watch!"
Author: Elizabeth Wein
5. "This sky, Sid.It's the sky of the great epics.The great Polish epics. Of Pan Tadeusz"
Author: Esi Edugyan
6. "É talvez o último dia da minha vida. Saudei o sol, levantando a mão direita, Mas não o saudei, dizendo-lhe adeus, Fiz sinal de gostar de o ver antes: mais nada."
Author: Fernando Pessoa
7. "? Você ficaria se eu dissesse que te amo?? Você me ama?!? Não sei.? Talvez.? Por quê?? Porque se você dissesse e eu conseguisse acreditar, e eu gostaria de acreditar eu diria que sim.? Não.? Não o quê?? Não ficarias.? Eu sei.? Tchau.? Adeus."
Author: Filipe Russo
8. "Though I acted in hundreds of productions, appeared at the Guthrie Theatre and on Broadway in Amadeus, I discovered in my thirties that I didn't really like stage acting. The presence of the audience, the eight shows a week and the possibility of a long run were all unnatural to me."
Author: Fred Melamed
9. "Certainly Amadeus because it was a very powerful time for me, we filmed it in the Czech Republic at a time of lots of social and political change going on in that part of the world."
Author: Jeffrey Jones
10. "As mãos são dois livros abertos, não pelas razões, supostas ou autênticas, da quiromancia, com as suas linhas do coração e da vida, da vida, meus senhores, ouviram bem, da vida, mas porque falam quando se abrem ou se fecham, quando acariciam ou golpeiam, quando enxugam uma lágrima ou disfarçam um sorriso, quando se pousam sobre um ombro ou acenam um adeus, quando trabalham, quando estão quietas, quando dormem, quando despertam."
Author: José Saramago
11. "Just don't let yourself get killed before you make your peace, boy. Many's the soul who consigned themselves to hell without the devil having to lift a finger.(Thadeus)"
Author: Kinley MacGregor
12. "Se há algo que o poeta sabe fazer e dizer é: "Adeus, até nunca mais!" A dor depois vamos levando de poesia em poesia até já não sermos mais."
Author: Luis Alexandre Ribeiro Branco
13. "Anybody can put things together that belong together. to put things together that don't go together, and make it work, that takes genius like Mozart's. Yet he is presented in the play Amadeus as a kind of silly boy whom the gods loved."
Author: Lukas Foss
14. "Choreographer Twyla Tharp, who directed the opera and dance scenes for thefilm Amadeus, has this to say about the film's portrait of Mozart:There are no ‘natural' geniuses… No-one worked harder thanMozart. By the time he was twenty-eight years old, his hands were deformed because ofall the hours he had spent practicing, performing, and gripping a quill pen to compose…As Mozart himself wrote to a friend, "People err who think my art comes easily to me. Iassure you, dear friend, nobody has devoted so much time and thought to composition asI. There is not a famous master whose music I have not industriously studied throughmany times."
Author: Mark McGuinness
15. "I saw the film 'Amadeus' from when I was five, which made me want to take piano lessons."
Author: Mark Salling
16. "I decided I wanted to be a musician when I saw the movie 'Amadeus' around 1987. I was five years old, so it was a good time to start piano lessons after seeing Tom Hulce who played Mozart play the harpsichord on his back with his hands crossed. Such a great movie to inspire a five-year-old."
Author: Mark Salling
17. "Esse querido plano interior; o segredo da felicidade é não termos escrúpulos para connosco e termos o máximo de atenções para com todos os outros; de resto, o próprio tempo disse já adeus a todos os piratas da alma"
Author: Stig Dagerman
Quotes About Adeus Pictures