Famous Quotes About Adore You
Browse 126 famous quotes and sayings about Adore You.
Top Quotes About Adore You
1. "People who do not love themselves can adore others, because adoration is making someone else big and ourselves small. They can desire others, because desire comes out of sense of inner incompleteness, which demands to be filled. But they can not love others, because love is an affirmation of the living growing being in all of us. If you don't have it, you cant give it."
Author: Andrew Matthews
2. "Sit". I gesture to the chairs."I need to tell you something"."You adore me and are having trouble keeping your hands to yourself?" he suggests."No". But my seriousness is lost on him.He sits and pulls me close. "I'm having trouble keeping my hands to myself"
Author: Bethany Griffin
3. "But men and women are different in the way that they feel loved. Men like to be admired for what they do, for their integrity and their accomplishments, whether it's at work or at the gym or mowing the lawn, because it makes them feel manly. When a woman tells a man that she is proud of him, or she tells him that he did a good job, he'll about bend over backwards to take care of her and love her." "But women like attention from men, because it makes them feel feminine and adored. That's why they're always fixin' themselves up, doing their hair, wearing pretty clothes and makeup and jewelry and perfume. It's all to attract your attention, you know." (Thelma Jenkins)"
Author: Carol McCormick
4. "...both Tom and I adore detective stories. Isn't that so, Tom?" [Lady Brace]"Right!" agreed her husband...."But they've got to be proper detective stories. They've got to present a tricky, highly sophisticated problem, which you're given fair opportunity to solve.""And," amplified Virginia, "no saying they're psychological studies when the author can't write for beans.""Correct!" her husband agreed again. "Couldn't care less when you're supposed to get all excited as to whether the innocent man will be hanged or the innocent heroine will be seduced. Heroine ought to be seduced; what's she there for? The thing is the mystery. It's not worth reading if the mystery is simple or easy or no mystery at all."
Author: Carter Dickson
5. "I adore Wilkie Collins," Tessa cried. "Oh—Armadale! And The Woman in White …Are you laughing at me?""Not at you," said Will, grinning, "more because of you. I've never seen anyone get soexcited over books before. You'd think they were diamonds.""Well, they are, aren't they? Isn't there anything you love like that? And don't say ‘spats' or ‘lawn tennis' or something silly.""Good Lord," he said with mock horror, "it's like she knows me already."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "Tell people you're a Canadian or a Kiwi when you travel and they'll adore you."
Author: Daniel Gillies
7. "But this month is all about CITY OF JASMINE which I hope you already have in your hot little hands. My favorite review snippet? KIRKUS REVIEWS said it's "part screwball comedy". I can't tell you how much time I spent with Carole Lombard and William Powell and Irene Dunne when I was writing it. I adore the 30s comedies for their light-hearted take on relationships and adventure—and the glamorous settings and occasional dash of intrigue only heighten the magic. (Did you know that Nicholas Brisbane from my Lady Julia series was named for THE THIN MAN's Nick Charles? And apologies to Dashiell Hammett, but I fell in love with the film long before I read the book and appreciated how much it had been lightened in the adaptation!) So when you're reading CITY OF JASMINE, give some thought to who you'd like to see playing Evie and Gabriel—I'd love to hear who you'd cast in your own production."
Author: Deanna Raybourn
8. "You could have arrived atop a wildcat and no one would have said a word. They will adore you."
Author: Deeanne Gist
9. "I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can't possess radiance, you can only admire it."
Author: Elizabeth Taylor
10. "I'll go talk to them," Annwyl said. But she cracked her knuckles. "Right now."Izzy cut in front of Annwyl, forced a smile. "Why don't I talk to them? Daddy listens to me.""You want my sword?"Izzy blinked. Hard. "No. I don't think that's necessary. To talk to my father and uncles that I adore.""You want me warhammer then?"
Author: G.A. Aiken
11. "Men are wonderful. I adore them. They always give you the benefit of the doubt."
Author: Gene Tierney
12. "If a continental youth wants to declare his love to a girl, he kneels down, tells her that she is the sweetest, the most charming and ravishing person in the world, that she has something in her, something peculiar and individual which only a few hundred thousand other women have and that he would be unable to live one more minute without her. Often, to give a little more emphasis to the statement, he shoots himself on the spot. This is a normal, week-day declaration of love in the more temperamental continental countries. In England the boy pats his adored one on the back and says softly: ‘I don't object to you, you know.' If he is quite mad with passion, he may add: ‘I rather fancy you, in fact."
Author: George Mikes
13. "You make me tremendously happy to hold me undivided - to let me be the artist, as it were, and yet not forgo the man, the animal, the hungry, insatiable lover. No woman has ever granted me all the privileges I need - and you, why you sing out so blithely, so boldly, with a laugh even - yes, you invite me to go ahead, be myself, benture anything. I adore you for that. That is where you are truly regal, a woman extraordinary. What a woman you are! I laugh to myself now when I think of you. I have no fear of your femaleness."
Author: Henry Miller
14. "Ladies, get confident about yourselves, build up your self-worth and esteem, love yourself and be proud of your achievements and your man will adore you for life."
Author: Jaachynma N.E. Agu
15. "Now Bella, you know Jacob adores you. He naturally wants to protect you. He literally worships the ground you walk on.""Ha ha," Bella said dryly. "Earth demon. Worship the ground. Cute. Really cute."
Author: Jacquelyn Frank
16. "I adore children, but I was never that interested in new born babies. It's a terrible thing to have to admit, and you're not supposed to think that way as a woman, but everyone promises it's different when you have your own. It wasn't for me, though."
Author: Jane Green
17. "Oh," the girl said, shaking her head. "Don't be so simple. People adore monsters. They fill their songs and stories with them. They define themselves in relation to them. You know what a monster is, young shade? Power. Power and choice. Monsters make choices. Monsters shape the world. Monsters force us to become stronger, smarter, better. They sift the weak from the strong and provide a forge for the steeling of souls. Even as we curse monsters, we admire them. Seek to become them, in some ways." Her eyes became distant. "There are far, far worse things to be than a monster."
Author: Jim Butcher
18. "This is the most complicated relationship since Romeo and Juliet," she complained. "You'reboth hopeless. I mean, what is the big problem? You love him. He adores you. You get together and live happily ever after. Anyquestions? No, of course not. That'll be ten dollars, thank you."
Author: John Marsden
19. "They'd had fun, for sure. They laughed and enjoyed being together. But if she was painfully honest with herself, something was missing. Something in the way Tim looked at her. She remembered her mom's word. "I saw the way he looked at you...he adores you." Maybe that was it. Tim looked at her on a surface level. He smiled and seemed happy to see her. But When Cody looked at her, there were no layers left, nothing her didn't reveal, nothing he couldn't see. He didn't really look at her so much as he looked into her. To the deepest, most real places in her heart and soul."
Author: Karen Kingsbury
20. "Chloe-lass:If I'm not here with you now, I'm beyond this life, for 'tis the only way I'll ever let you go....I hoped I loved you well, sweet, for I know even now that you are my brightest shining star. I knew it the moment I saw you. Ah, lass, you so adore your artifacts. This thief covets but one priceless treasure: You.Dageus-In a letter"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
21. "Because I knew the moment I saw you," he ground out savagely, her "I hate you" still ringing in his ears, "that in another life—a life where I didn't become a dark sorcerer—you were my wife. I cherished you. I adored you. I loved you until the end of time, Jessica MacKeltar. But I doona get to have that life. So I'll take you any fucking way I can get you. And I'll not apologize for one moment of it"
Author: Karen Marie Moning
22. "You deserve better. You deserve to be adored, and you deserved to be fucked until you can't stand up."
Author: Kitty French
23. "You want me. And I'm here, now, saying I want you too, saying I love you, and I don't know where the hell it'll end up, but I'm brave enough to say that right now you're my everything. You've opened my eyes, and my body, and my heart so much more than I knew existed, and you make me feel beautiful, and protected, and adored, and I don't think you could do all of those things if you didn't love me back."
Author: Kitty French
24. "Don't come near me with those," Annabelle said firmly. She shook her head with a grin, watching as Evie solemnly held up her own arms for Lillian to cut holes beneath her sleeves. This was one of the things she most adored about Evie, who was shy and proper, but often willing to join in some wildly impractical plan or adventure. "Have you both lost your minds?" Annabelle asked, laughing. "Oh, what a bad influence she is on you, Evie." "She's married to St. Vincent, who is the worst possible influence," Lillian protested. "How much damage could I do after that?"
Author: Lisa Kleypas
25. "By all means, let's show your father what a bad influence I've been on his little girl." "He won't think that at all. He's always adored you for having rescued his fallen daughter." "And his daughter? What does she think about it?" "She thinks that ..." Lucy paused and cast a swift glance over her head, "that you have been very remiss in failing to notice that she is standing right underneath a sprig of mistletoe."His laughter was soft and lazy, eliciting a delicious chill from the pit of her stomach. While he stared into her eyes, he reached up, plucked the mistletoe from the top of the doorframe, and slipped the small green sprig into his pocket. "For later," he said, and smiled at her."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
26. "Rake," came the succinct reply. "Oh, all right," Lillian grumbled. "I suppose he is a rake. But that may not be an impediment to his courtship of Lady Natalie. Some women like rakes. Look at Evie." Evie continued to snip doggedly through the brocade ribbon, while a smile curved her lips. "I don't l-like all rakes," she said, her gaze on her work. "Just one." Evie, the gentlest and most soft-spoken of them all, had been the one least likely to capture the heart of the notorious Lord St. Vincent, who had been the definitive rake. Although Evie, with her round blue eyes and blazing red hair, possessed a rare and unconventional beauty, she was unbearably shy. And there was the stammer. But Evie also had a reserve of quiet strength and a gallant spirit that seemed to have seduced her husband utterly. "And that former rake obviously adores you beyond reason," Annabelle said."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
27. "When you are with the wrong person, who doesn't really love you, all you want is to be adored. It makes you more inward and needy. Gross."
Author: Marina And The Diamonds
28. "'Luchadores, mil mascaras'... a thousand masks. I see a lot of those in Jets colors. And then the Hispanic fans of other teams, they'll wear them in their colors. And they're like, 'You're our guy, Sanchez, but I'm a Steelers fan.'"
Author: Mark Sanchez
29. "Still adore me?" he said into that kiss, his tone husky. A tone between lovers, between mates, between a man and the only woman he had ever wanted."Too much," was her response. "I only feel whole when I'm with you. Does that make me weak?" The cat stretched out inside him as she pressed kisses along his jawline, down his neck. "If you're weak, then so am I." He could function without her but in the way a machine functions. His heart, his soul, he had given to her a long time ago."
Author: Nalini Singh
30. "Ah baby, you know I do what I want." Rubbing his chin on her hair, he squeezed her hip. "Man and wolf, we both adore you. No way am I letting you go after the hell you've put me through over the years."
Author: Nalini Singh
31. "Unwillingly Miranda wakes,Feels the sun with terror,One unwilling step she takes,Shuddering to the mirror.Miranda in Miranda's sightIs old and gray and dirty;Twenty-nine she was last night;This morning she is thirty.Shining like the morning star,Like the twilight shining,Haunted by a calendar,Miranda is a-pining.Silly girl, silver girl,Draw the mirror toward you;Time who makes the years to whirlAdorned as he adored you.Time is timelessness for you;Calendars for the human;What's a year, or thirty, toLoveliness made woman?Oh, Night will not see thirty again,Yet soft her wing, Miranda;Pick up your glass and tell me, then--How old is Spring, Miranda?"
Author: Ogden Nash
32. "You silly Arthur! If you knew anything about...anything, which you don't, you would know that I adore you. Everyone in London knows it except you. It is a public scandal the way I adore you. I have been going about for the last six months telling the whole of society that I adore you. I wonder you consent to have anything to say to me. I have no character left at all. At least, I feel so happy that I am quite sure I have no character left at all."
Author: Oscar Wilde
33. "Oscar Wilde was suing the Marquis of Queensbury in 1895 for libel accusing Wilde of homosexualityCounsel: Have you ever adored a young man madly?Wilde: I have never given adoration to anyone except myself."
Author: Oscar Wilde
34. "Purple,Wonder, majesty, and enchantment doesn'teven begin to cover the feelings that I had the first time that I met you that only grew. The feeling was nameless, but as time went on it developed a name. Eponine, I adore you…~Riley"
Author: Ottilie Weber
35. "Woman, I would have been your child, to drink the milk of your breasts as from a well, to see and feel you at my side and have you in your gold laughter and your crystal voice.To feel you in my veins like God in the rivers and adore you in the sorrowful bones of dust and lime, to watch you passing painlessly byto emerge in the stanza-cleansed of all evil. How I would love you woman, how I would love you, love you as no one ever did! Die and stilllove you more.And stilllove you more and more."
Author: Pablo Neruda
36. "THUMB, I HOPE I WILL NOT BORE YOU WITH HOW TOTALLY, TOTALLY I ADORE YOU. THE FUNNY WAY YOU HAVE OF TALKING, THE CUTE WAY YOU HAVE OF WALKING. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL THAT I AM STALKING YOU. LOVE, HENDERSON"
Author: Phoebe Stone
37. "I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."
Author: Pietro Aretino
38. "So doesn't that make the universe a giant lottery, then? you purchase a ticket when you're born. and it's all just random whether you get a good ticket or a bad ticket. it's all just luck. my head swirls on this, but then softer thoughts soothe, like a flatted third on a major chord. no, no, it's not all random, if it really was all random, the universe would abandon us completely. and the universe doesn't. it takes care of its most fragile creations in ways we can't see. like with the parents who adore you blindly. and the big sister who feels guilty for being human over you. and a little gravelly-voiced kid whose friends have left him over you. and even a pink-haired girl who carries your picture in her wallet. maybe it is a lottery, but the universe makes it all even out in the end. the universe takes care of all of its birds."
Author: R.J. Palacio
39. "That's it. Be yourself. Be Isolde Brannick, and they will have no choice but to adore you," He reached out and took my hand, pressing a kiss to the back of it. I was too stunned to do anything but sit there, my hand limp in his."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
40. "A kiss says it all—I like you.I love you.I need you.I want you.I value you.I fancy you.I adore you.I prefer you.I missed you.I cherish you.I support you.I care for you.I long for you.I think of you.I treasure you.I hope for you.I consider you.I dream of you.I delight in you.I appreciate you.And I will never, ever forget you."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
41. "I adore you for all your scars," I whispered as I leaned over and gave him a soft kiss on the lips."
Author: S.C. Stephens
42. "Don't say no to me you can't say no to me because it's such a relief to have love again and to lie in bed and be held and touched and kissed and adored and your heart will leap when you hear my voice and see my smile and feel my breath on your neck and your heart will race when I want to see you and I will lie to you from day one and use you and screw you and break your heart because you broke mine first and you will love me more each day until the weight is unbearable and your life is mine and you'll die alone because I will take what I want then walk away and owe you nothing it's always there it's always been there and you cannot deny the life you feel fuck that life fuck that life fuck that life I have lost you now."
Author: Sarah Kane
43. "I'd love to try to tame you... And I would simply adore it if you turn out untamable –"
Author: Simona Panova
44. "Every woman adores a fascist, The boot in the face, the bruteBrute heart of a brute like you."
Author: Sylvia Plath
45. "I adored you. All my life, I adored you. I asked nothing of you. No promises, no courtship. I surrendered my virtue. I gave you my trust. And you left me with a note."His mouth twisted in an expression of regret. He pushed a hand through his hair. "I'm so very—" "Twenty-six words!" she shot back, in the loudest whisper she could manage. "I gave you my virginity, and you left me twenty-six scribbled words."
Author: Tessa Dare
46. "Mother tells me,They tease youbecause they adore you."
Author: Thanhha Lai
47. "When your heart truly adores somebody, your mind perceives a halo on that man's head."
Author: Toba Beta
48. "I adore you, mon petit, and would never allow him to hurt you, no matter how gently or madly."
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
49. "I adore good food as I adore all the other pleasant things of life, and because I have that gift I am able to look upon the future with equanimity.""Why?" asked Alec."Because a love for good food is the only thing that remains with man when he grows old. Love? What is love when you are five and fifty and can no longer hide the disgraceful baldness of your pate. Ambition? What is ambition when you have discovered that honours are to the pushing and glory to the vulgar. Finally we must all reach an age when every passion seems vain, every desire not worth the trouble of achieving it; but then there still remain to the man with a good appetite three pleasures each day, his breakfast, his luncheon, and his dinner."
Author: W. Somerset Maugham
50. "Thus in this sad, but oh, too pleasing state! my soul can fix upon nothing but thee; thee it contemplates, admires, adores, nay depends on, trusts on you alone."
Author: William Congreve
Quotes About Adore You Pictures