Famous Quotes About Advancing Society
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Advancing Society.
Top Quotes About Advancing Society
1. "Political society exists for the sake of noble actions, and not of mere companionship."
2. "Are you saying a society wracked by plague is preferable to one wracked by indifference?"
Author: Bernard Beckett
3. "Our society cannot progress while our constitution stands still."
Author: Charles Edison
4. "My father always taught me to appreciate what you're fortunate to have and give back to those who need it. No part of our society is more important than the children, especially the ones who need our help."
Author: Dan Marino
5. "Sanctification means that the Christians have been judged already, and that they are being preserved until the coming of Christ and are ever advancing towards it."
Author: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
6. "A rebel can be a miserable and contemptible man; but there is nothing contemptible in a revolt as such - and to be a rebel in view of contemporary society does not in itself lower the value of a man. There are even cases in which one might have to honour a rebel,because he finds something in our society against which war ought to be waged - he wakens us from our slumber."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
7. "Weight and body oppression is oppressive to everyone. When you live in a society that says that one kind of body is bad and and other is good, those with "good" bodies constantly fear that their bodies will go "bad", and those with "bad" bodies are expected feel shame and do everything they can to have "good" bodies. In the process, we torture our bodies, and do everything from engage in disordered eating to invasive surgery to make ourselves okay. Nobody wins in this kind of struggle."
Author: Golda Poretsky
8. "If we define society as a human community, then the transformation of individual attitudes and values represents meaningful social change."
Author: Leslie Weisman
9. "There can be no society without poetry, but society can never be realized as poetry, it is never poetic. Sometimes the two terms seek to break apart. They cannot."
Author: Octavio Paz
10. "Our kids are actually doing what we told them to do when they sit in front of that TV all day or in front of that computer game all day. The society is telling kids unconsciously that nature's in the past. It really doesn't count anymore, that the future is in electronics, and besides, the bogeyman is in the woods."
Author: Richard Louv
11. "I know of no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too desirous of evidence in support of their core beliefs."
Author: Sam Harris
12. "Hannibal Lecter: We live in a primitive time - don't we, Will? - neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it. Any rational society would either kill me or give me my books."
Author: Thomas Harris
13. "For the next century, the Republicans have agreed that we will promote the dignity and future of every individual by building a free society under a limited, accountable government that protects liberty, security and prosperity for a brighter American dream."
Author: Todd Tiahrt
14. "What is the true story of Fantine? It is the story of society's purchase of a slave. A slave purchased from poverty, hunger, cold, loneliness, defencelessness, destitution. A squalid bargain: a human soul for a hunk of bread. Poverty offers and society accepts."
Author: Victor Hugo
15. "The man he was now, the personality his friends knew, had begun to grow strong during adolescence, during the years when he was always consciously or unconsciously conjugating the verb "to love"-- in society and solitude, with people, with books, with the sky and open country, in the lonesomeness of crowded city streets."
Author: Willa Cather
Quotes About Advancing Society Pictures