Famous Quotes About Adversity In Life
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Adversity In Life.
Top Quotes About Adversity In Life
1. "Adversity isn't an obstacle that we need to get around in order to resume living our life. It's part of our life."
Author: Aimee Mullins
2. "Prosperity has many friends, even adversity has a few friends, but originality practicing the reality of altruistic humanity in life has only true friends."
Author: Anuj Somany
3. "If you keep silent, keep silent by love: if you speak, speak by love; if you correct, correct by love; if you pardon, pardon by love; let love be rooted in you, and from the root nothing but good can grow.Love and do what you will.Love endures in adversity, is moderate in prosperity; brave under harsh sufferings, cheerful in good works; utterly reliable in temptation, utterly open-handed in hospitality; as happy as can be among true brothers and sisters, as patient as you can get among the false one's. The soul of the scriptures, the force of prophecy, the saving power of the sacraments, the fruit of faith, the wealth of the poor, the life of the dying.Love is all."
Author: Augustine Of Hippo
4. "Be generous in prosperity and thankful in adversity,Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech.Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness, and a home to the stranger.Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring.Be a breath of life to the body of humankind, a dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humility."
5. "Adversity is a natural part of being human. It is the height of arrogance to prescribe a moral code or health regime or spiritual practice as an amulet to keep things from falling apart. Things do fall apart. It is in their nature to do so. When we try to protect ourselves from the inevitability of change, we are not listening to the soul. We are listening to our fear of life and death, our lack of faith, our smaller ego's will to prevail. To listen to your soul is to stop fighting with life--to stop fighting when things fall apart; when they don't go our away, when we get sick, when we are betrayed or mistreated or misunderstood. To listen to the soul is to slow down, to feel deeply, to see ourselves clearly, to surrender to discomfort and uncertainty and to wait."
Author: Elizabeth Lesser
6. "To me, obstacles in life build character. You have to be able to overcome adversity in order to succeed and appreciate the simple things life has to offer... that's where most of my inspiration for writing and singing comes from."
Author: Elliott Yamin
7. "If adversity and hopeless grief have quite taken away the taste for life; if an unfortunate man, strong of soul and more indignant about his fate than despondent or dejected, wishes for death and yet preserves his life without loving it, not from inclination or fear but from duty, then his maxim has moral content."
Author: Immanuel Kant
8. "Adversity in life does not rob your heart of beauty. It simply teaches it a new song to sing."
Author: Karen White
9. "Everyone is handed adversity in life. No one's journey is easy. It's how they handle it that makes people unique."
Author: Kevin Conroy
10. "Mohammad never assigned himself a status more than a common man and a messenger of God. People had faith in him when he was surrounded by poverty and adversity and trusted him while he was the ruler of a great Empire. He was a man of spotless character who always had confidence in himself and in God's help. No aspect of his life remained hidden nor was his death a mysterious event."
Author: M.H. Hyndman
11. "In times of uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation's call; a common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America's finest special operations forces to serve his country and the American people, and to protect their way of life. I am that man."
Author: Marcus Luttrell
12. "So, if this were indeed my Final Hour, these would be my words to you. I would not claim to pass on any secret of life, for there is none, or any wisdom except the passionate plea of caring ... Try to feel, in your heart's core, the reality of others. This is the most painful thing in the world, probably, and the most necessary. In times of personal adversity, know that you are not alone. Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are also unique and irreplaceable, as are all of your fellow humans everywhere in the world. Know that your commitment is above all to life itself."
Author: Margaret Laurence
13. "Adversity draws men together and produces beauty and harmony in life's relationships, just as the cold of winter produces ice-flowers on the window-panes, which vanish with the warmth."
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
14. "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Author: Walt Disney
15. "Adversity tests us from time to time and it is inevitable that this testing continues during life."
Author: Walter Annenberg
Quotes About Adversity In Life Pictures