Famous Quotes About All Consuming Love
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about All Consuming Love.
Top Quotes About All Consuming Love
1. "A true artist removes his heart willingly, allows constructive criticism to stomp it, then puts it back—bruised and aching—as he continues to strive for excellence due to the all-consuming obsession and love for his art."
Author: H.G. Mewis
2. "A true artist willingly removes their heart, allows constructive criticism to stomp it, then puts it back--bruised and aching--to continue improving due to the all-consuming obsessive love for their art."
Author: H.G. Mewis
3. "But if it is love, real love, then I want them to find each other. Because I believe that love is an overwhelming, all-consuming force, and when it's genuine you can't really ignore it. No matter how long it takes. It knocks down your door by force. It keeps you awake at night. It plagues your thoughts and burn your soul. If it is love, they won't need me at all. By telling my daughter that the man of her dreams loves her too, would I not be getting in the way? Meddling with fate?"
Author: Jessica Thompson
4. "Pulling through is what people do around here. There is a kind of bravery in their lives that isn't bravery at all. It is automatic, unflinching, a mix of man and machine, consuming and unquestionable obligation meeting illness move for move in a giant even-steven game of chess – an unending round of something that looks like shadowboxing, though between love and death, which is the shadow? "Everyone admires us for our courage," says one man. "They have no idea what they're talking about.""Courage requires options," the man adds."There are options," says a woman with a thick suede headband. "You could give up. You could fall apart.""No you can't. Nobody does. I've never seen it," says the man. "Well, not really fall apart."
Author: Lorrie Moore
5. "That had been an all-consuming love that had swept me up in a torrent of emotion that had been unimaginable until I'd experienced it."
Author: Monica Alexander
6. "Say it.""Don't do this to me..." I whispered painfully. "We can't do this again.""You're a horrible liar," Eli growled as he pressed his fingers into my thighs. He watched me, his gaze all-consuming, and said, "Your eyes are as dark as a castle moat by midnight, mi cielo. Lower your drawbridge and let me cross; let me in.""Eli, I-""Forget him. For the next hour and a half, you're going to do everything that makes you wonder in this world. And then I'm going to love you again."
Author: Nadège Richards
7. "Loving Sarah was like reading a particularly good book. That pressing and overwhelming need to just devour it as fast as possible is matched only by the need to savour it slowly and completely, lest all come to an end too soon. The all-consuming emotions are so many and varied that it is almost impossible to pick out one for a few minutes attention. They mainly stay jumbled and unattended, and for the most part not entirely understood or satisfied. But then, maybe it is in the understanding of our love for someone that the love itself disappears altogether. If so, then I don't want to understand, and I remain content to simply experience her. Somehow, the more I learn about Sarah, the better I understand myself.And the more I fall in love."
Author: Nadine Rose Larter
8. "He loved me. I do not doubt that. In hindsight, I do not believe that I loved him. I simply felt his love for me, burning and all-consuming, and reflected it back, as the cold light of the moon reflects the light of the sun. I did not know that at the time. I thought I loved him."
Author: Neil Gaiman
9. "I knew that I was about to walk into Hell – not literally, of course, but as close to it as one could get on Earth – and I wasn't sure that I'd last to see another day. But I also knew that I didn't regret the actions that had led to me being here.Love, pure love was one of the most exhilarating things that I'd ever experienced.I'd never known a feeling more genuine, or thrilling than the feeling of being in love.It was an all-consuming thing; a feeling that overtook your mind and body, one that I'd hoped I'd never forget because the experience of love was something that every person should have had the right to."
Author: Nicole Sobon
10. "By using money as the scapegoat and work as our all-consuming routine, we are able to conveniently disallow ourselves to do otherwise: 'John, I'd love to talk about the gaping void I feel in my life, the hopelessness that hits me like a punch in the eye every time I start my computer in the morning, but I have so much work to do! I've got at least three hours of unimportant email to reply to before calling prospects who said 'no' yesterday. Gotta run!"
Author: Timothy Ferriss
11. "The place of horror turns out to be no more than a green scoop, sometimes shadowed, sometimes shining with the bilberries and grass within it, as if a mouth had opened from which streamed a beam of light. So my uncle Robert's death, which had looked from a distance to be an all-consuming tragedy was, close-up, the story of a man finding release from his pain and how his brother had showed such defiant love. The past was a grave, a trap - and yet, also neither of these. Just light, coming and going.At the wolf pit you imagine you will stare into a hole littered with bones, but what draws you to that place is not what you take from it. The wolf pit seems a delicate illusion. You walk towards it; there is nothing, just a curve of the moor; then it is a soft green light, and then it is nothing again."
Author: Will Cohu
Quotes About All Consuming Love Pictures