Famous Quotes About Alligators
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Alligators.
Top Quotes About Alligators
1. "It's going to storm," she said."You've been in Alabama for twenty-four hours and you think you canread the weather?""Then why is it so dark?""It's going to storm."She wanted to hit him. "Then I'd appreciate getting to my car before ithits. I don't like thunderstorms. ""No, I imagine you don't," he said softly. "That's just something elseyou're afraid of. Sex, men, thunderstorms, being poor. Me. Anything else?"Yeah," she said. "I'm afraid of alligators and poisonous snakes, orotherwise I wouldn't be here in this hearse with you."
Author: Anne Stuart
2. "They looked so dangerous, like alligators. Really fast alligators wearing black. Ninja alligators. I decided not to use that one on Megan."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
3. "...but I was sure he'd been talking about the home of someone white, because he'd said, "All the pictures on the walls, they all white as lilies and smiling like alligators."
Author: Charlaine Harris
4. "Well, I'm wrestling alligators."
Author: Claire McCaskill
5. "Alligators have beautiful undulating skin, which feels dense, spongy, solid, like the best eraser."
Author: Diane Ackerman
6. "My love life couldn't be more nonexistent if Julius was all all-girls' boarding school with a moat full of alligators around it."
Author: Flynn Meaney
7. "Boys, the longer you wait to get my requested prehistoric attack dogs, the more chance we have of people we care about getting hurt, more hurt, or killed. Oh, and don't hurt the alligators--they're a protected species."
Author: Gini Koch
8. "Besides alligators, the only animals to be feared are the poisonous serpents. These are certainly common enough in the forest, but no fatal accident happened during the whole time of my residence."
Author: Henry Walter Bates
9. "Au revoir, jewelled alligators and white hotels, hallucinatory forests, farewell."
Author: J.G. Ballard
10. "Alligators and crocodiles are some of the most aggressive creatures on the planet - they'll take down a boat if you come up to their nest."
Author: Jack Hanna
11. "The best thing to do is just leave them alone. Alligators want to be away from you just as much as you want to be away from them."
Author: Jack Hannah
12. "Okay, Dumb Diary, school has taught me a few things over the years. Once, it taught me the difference between alligators and crocodiles. (Even alligators and crocodiles don't really care. Just avoid both.)"
Author: Jim Benton
13. "You've got forever; and somehow you can't do much with it. You've got forever; and it's a mile wide and an inch deep and full of alligators."
Author: Jim Thompson
14. "It makes my skin crawl to think about the violent ways snakes, lizards, alligators and other exotic creatures are raised and killed for boots, bags and belts."
Author: Kelly Brook
15. "New York! I say New York, let black blood flow into your blood.Let it wash the rust from your steel joints, like an oil of life Let it give your bridges the curve of hips and supple vines. Now the ancient age returns, unity is restored, The recociliation of the Lion and Bull and Tree Idea links to action, the ear to the heart, sign to meaning. See your rivers stirring with musk alligators And sea cows with mirage eyes. No need to invent the Sirens. Just open your eyes to the April rainbow And your eyes, especially your ears, to God Who in one burst of saxophone laughter Created heaven and earth in six days, And on the seventh slept a deep Negro sleep."
Author: Léopold Sédar Senghor
16. "Every family is a family of alligators."
Author: Lorrie Moore
17. "The Everglades was the only place on earth where alligators (broad snout, fresh water, darker skin) and crocodiles (pointy snout, salt water, toothy grin) lived side by side. It was the only home of the Everglades mink, Okeechobee gourd, and Big Cypress fox squirrel. It had carnivorous plants, amphibious birds, oysters that grew on trees, cacti that grew in water, lizards that changed colors, and fish that changed genders. It had 1,100 species of trees and plants, 350 birds, and 52 varieties of porcelain-smooth, candy-striped tree snails. It had bottlenose dolphins, marsh rabbits, ghost orchids, moray eels, bald eagles, and countless other species that didn't seem to belong on the same continent, much less in the same ecosystem."
Author: Michael Grunwald
18. "The Marquis sighed. "I thought it was just a legend," he said. "Like the alligators in the sewers of New York City."Old Bailey nodded, sagely: "What, the big white buggers? They're down there. I had a friend lost a head to one of them." A moment of silence. Old Naeiley handed the statue back to the Marquis. Then he raised his hand, and snapped it, like a crocodile hand, at the Carabas. "It was OK," gurned Old Bailey with a grin that was most terrible to behold. "He had another."
Author: Neil Gaiman
19. "She gazed toward the marsh that grew thicker, deeper, greener with approaching summer. Mosquitoes whined in there, breeding in the dark water. Alligators slid through it, silent death. It was a place where snakes could slither and bogs could suck the shoe right off your foot.And it was a place, she thought, that went bright and beautiful with the twinkling of fireflies, where wildflowers thrived in the shade and the stingy light. Where an eagle could soar like a king.There was no beauty without risk. No life without it."
Author: Nora Roberts
20. "Stimulated by the juice, I believe, men have even been known to ride alligators."
Author: P.G. Wodehouse
21. "The alligators can get you at any age, Buddy. But the worst thing you can do is freeze."
Author: Rebecca Wells
22. "But all she wanted to do was lie in bed, eat Kraft macaroni and cheese, and hide from the alligators."
Author: Rebecca Wells
23. "The thought of hovering above the earth, weightless in a lilac sky, appealed to her, in the same way imaginary friends appealed to her, or talking alligators."
Author: Sarah Addison Allen
24. "Really, it was difficult to determine which I had most reason to fear—dogs, alligators or men!"
Author: Solomon Northup
25. "In the swamp the alligators drifted like patches of bad-assed water."
Author: Terry Pratchett
26. "Zippers are primal and modern at the very same time. On the one hand, your zipper is primitive and reptilian, on the other mechanical and slick. A zipper is where the Industrial Revolution meets the Cobra Cult, don't you think? Ahh. Little alligators of ecstasy, that's what zippers are. Sexy, too. Now your button, a button is prim and persnickety. There's somethin' Victorian about a row o' buttons. But a zipper, why a zipper is the very snake at the gate of Eden, waitin' to escort a true believer into the Garden. Faith, I should be sewin' more zippers into me garments, for I have many erogenous zones that require speedy access. Mmm, old zipper creeper, hanging head down like the carcass of a lizard; the phantom viper that we shun in daytime and communicate with at night."
Author: Tom Robbins
27. "A few alligators are naturally of the vicious type and inclined to resent it when you prod them with a stick. You can find out which ones these are by prodding them."
Author: Will Cuppy
Quotes About Alligators Pictures