Famous Quotes About Already
Browse 3000 famous quotes and sayings about Already.
Top Quotes About Already
1. "We are within our life and we stay there for as long as possible, that's our home. We need life. There is too much death already, and there is probably more coming our way."
Author: Aleksandar Hemon
2. "Beneath the sheet—which was already lower on his hips than should be legal — HeWasStillHard"
Author: Alice Clayton
3. "If I were planning to be stranded on a desert island, I wouldn't take Freud's books with me, because I've already read them all."
Author: Anne Roiphe
4. "Otani: Oh... I didn't get you a Christmas present. Risa: But you already gave me something.Otani: Huh? I didn't give you anything.Risa: It was something wonderful. 'I seem to like you much more than I realized'."
Author: Atsushi Otani
5. "Life may deal you a bad hand or take away a good hand you were already dealt. The way you play the hand is how your life is defined. Just like in poker you can end up winning no matter how bad the cards are you have."
Author: Benjamin Bayani
6. "What is with you?" said Chris."Don't worry," said Quinn. "I already know he's an ass.""Love you, too," said Gabriel."
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
7. "The game is to have them all running about with fire extinguishers when there is a flood, and all crowding to that side of the boat which is already nearly gunwale under."
Author: C.S. Lewis
8. "The sure mark of an unliterary man is that he considers "I've read it already" to be a conclusive argument against reading a work...Those read great works,on the other hand will read the same work ten, twenty or thirty times during the course of there life."
Author: C.S. Lewis
9. "I can't help who I am," I pointed out. "i mean, do you think I should just hide?" I tapped one finger against my chin. "Gee, if only there was some place, some safe place, like in the middle of freaking nowhere, where I could surround myself with strong immortals and maybe learn how to protect myself and...oh, wait!" I looked at Solis, my eyes wide with excitement. "Oh my God--that sounds like here! It sounds like I'm already actually doing exactly what you thing I should be doing! Awesome!"
Author: Cate Tiernan
10. "Since I was the solo artist as well as the writer for the songs, I figured I had enough credits on it already."
Author: Cy Coleman
11. "I don't think the 9/11 attacks taught us anything we didn't already know about religion. It has long been obvious - even to the deeply religious - that religious fanaticism is an extremely dangerous deranger of otherwise sane and goodhearted people."
Author: Daniel Dennett
12. "Obama has already rejected the bright sunlight of public knowledge, which is democracy's great disinfectant and cure."
Author: David K. Shipler
13. "Arduous, adj.Sometimes during sex, I wish there was a button on the small of your back that I could press and cause you to be done with it already."
Author: David Levithan
14. "Careful tate, I'm already turned on, you know how hot I get when you're mean to me."
Author: Ella Frank
15. "Men, at any rate, never fulfilled expectations. They might, upon acquaintance, turn out more entertaining than they appeared; but almost always taking up with a man was like reading a book you had read when you had forgotten that you had read it. You had not been for ten minutes in any sort of intimacy with any man before you had said: "But I've read all this before…" You knew the opening, you were already bored by the middle, and, especially, you knew the end…."
Author: Ford Madox Ford
16. "…the American reader cannot bear a surprise. He knows that this is the greatest country on earth…and evidence to the contrary is not admissible. That means no inconvenient facts, no new information. If you really want the reader's attention, you must flatter him. Make his prejudices your own. Tell him things he already knows. He will love your soundness."
Author: Gore Vidal
17. "Why come to Trude? I asked myself. And I already wanted to leave.You cand resume your flight whereever you like," they say to me, "but you will arive at another Trude, absolutely the same, detail by detail. The world is covered by a sole Trude which does not begin and does not end. Only the names of the airport changes."
Author: Italo Calvino
18. "To begin an ethnographic project with a goal, with an object of research and a set of presumptions, is already to stymie the process of discovery; it blocks one's ability to learn something new that exceed the frameworks with which one enters."
Author: J. Jack Halberstam
19. "Her heart and soul had already spoken. They wouldn't let Lucas go."
Author: J.L. Sheppard
20. "We've got another nominee coming up, well qualified, Texas Supreme Court Justice Priscilla Owens has a tremendous reputation, tremendous record, but they are already marshalling their forces to try to stop that nomination."
Author: Jay Alan Sekulow
21. "This is when I realize that Anna has already left the table, and more importantly, that nobody noticed."
Author: Jodi Picoult
22. "Charles Schultz: Don't be afraid the world will end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.The Covert Comic: I've been calling Australia all morning, and there's no answer."
Author: John Alejandro King
23. "And the way I loved her was like nothing else. This, I decided, was the love all other loves were measured against. They say girls look to marry their fathers, but I decided after having Maxie that we all, every one of us, were looking to marry our mothers. Sitting on the sofa with her wrapped in a soft blanket in my arms, I'd think, ‘This baby has it so good.' It just seemed that the love I'd been searching and hoping for all my life was what Maxie already had right now: two big arms and a lap, a warm blanket, the background music of a heartbeat and a pair of lungs, food at a moment's notice, sleep at every urge, and a person totally obsessed with her, whose every moment—waking or otherwise—was totally devoted to her comfort and care. Was that so much to ask for?"
Author: Katherine Center
24. "I want to have the heart and mind of a queen," she whispered. "I want it more than anything. But I'm only pretending. I can't find the feeling of it inside me."Fire considered her quietly. You want me to look for it inside you."I just want to know," Bitterblue said. "If it's there, it would be a great comfort for me to know."Fire said, I can tell you already that it's there."Really?" Bitterblue whispered.Queen Bitterblue, Fire said, shall I share with you the feeling of your own strength?"
Author: Kristin Cashore
25. "I thought I know you,but it was only me.The you that you truly areis not the you I see.My mind has formed your imagebut you have already travelled onI want to see only youbut I see you through me"
Author: Lao Tzu
26. "She would always feel this wild girl was the truest of any of the people she had already been: adored daughter, bourgeois priss, rebel, runaway, dope-fiend San Francisco hippie; or all the people she would later be: mother, nurse, religious fanatic, prematurely old woman. Vivienne was a human onion, and when I came home at twenty eight years old on the day the monster died, I was afraid that the Baptist freak she had peeled down to was her true, acrid, tear-inducing core."
Author: Lauren Groff
27. "There are ways in, journeys to the center of life, through time; through air, matter, dream and thought. The ways are not always mapped or charted, but sometimes being lost, if there is such a thing, is the sweetest place to be. And always, in this search, a person might find that she is already there, at the center of the world. It may be a broken world, but it is glorious nonetheless."
Author: Linda Hogan
28. "...You can only subject people to anguish who have a conscience. You can only punish people who have hopes to frustrate or attachments to sever; who worry what you think of them. You can really only punish people who are already a little bit good."
Author: Lionel Shriver
29. "Hearing God is not all that difficult. If we know the Lord, we have already heard His voice - after all it was the inner leading that brought us to Him in the first place. But we can hear His voice and still miss His best if we don't keep on listening. After the what of guidance comes the when and how." (11)"
Author: Loren Cunningham
30. "We can't look to the world to restore our worth; we're here to restore our worth to the world. The world outside us can reflect our glory, but it cannot create it. It cannot crown us. Only God can crown us, and he already has."
Author: Marianne Williamson
31. "I will feel equality has arrived when we can elect to office women who are as incompetent as some of the men who are already there."
Author: Maureen Reagan
32. "Humanity is not an aggregate of individuals, a community of thinkers, each of whom is guaranteed from the outset to be able to reach agreement with the others because all participate in the same thinking essence. Nor, of course, is it a single Being in which the multiplicity of individuals are dissolved and into which these individuals are destined to be reabsorbed. As a matter of principle, humanity is precarious: each person can only believe what he recognizes to be true internally and, at the same time, nobody thinks or makes up his mind without already being caught up in certain relationships with others, which leads him to opt for a particular set of opinions. Everyone is alone and yet nobody can do without other people, not just because they are useful (which is not in dispute here) but also when it comes to happiness."
Author: Maurice Merleau Ponty
33. "His gaze on mine was completely steady and unblinking, and there was an upward curl at the corners of his mouth . . . he was smiling like he was actually enjoying this.But I couldn't help feeling as if, behind those blue eyes, there was a different Christopher – the old Christopher – begging me to call him on his asinine behavior. To say, I'm asking for your help now. Will you help us? Will you help me?Only I didn't.Because I was too angry with him. Why was he acting like such a four-year-old? I'd already explained to him why I'd made the decisions I had. They'd been perfectly decent, rational decisions.So why was he acting this way?"
Author: Meg Cabot
34. "To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil's soul. To Miss Mackay it is a putting in of something that is not there, and that is not what I call education. I call it intrusion."
Author: Muriel Spark
35. "Our limbs which had already traveled far beyond her world, carrying the click of distances in the smooth, untroubled soles of their shoes."
Author: Naomi Shihab Nye
36. "I think it's a rule that it's socially acceptable to wet yourself when aliens enter your mind for the first time. If it wasn't already, it is now."
Author: Orson Scott Card
37. "(In reply to the question, 'Would you like some suggestions for a plot for your next book?')There are three problems with getting plot suggestions from other people. The first is that ideas are the easy part of writing; finding the time and energy to get them down on paper is the hard part. I have plenty of ideas already. Which brings me to the second problem: the ideas that excite you, the ones you think would make a terrific book, are not necessarily the same ideas that excite me. And if a writer isn't excited about an idea, she generally doesn't turn out a terrific book, even if the idea is terrific. And the third problem with my using your suggestions is that, theoretically, you could sue me if I did, and that tends to make publishers nervous, which makes it hard to sell a book. So thank you, but no."
Author: Patricia C. Wrede
38. "The stores along Hollywood Boulevard were already beginning to fill up with overpriced Christmas junk, and the daily papers were beginning to scream about how terrible- it would be if you didn't get your Christmas shopping done early."
Author: Raymond Chandler
39. "They said this is Vanity Fair, and I said, Oh, I already take the magazine. They said Annie Leibovitz wants to take your picture and I thought, How nice!"
Author: Shirley Knight
40. "We all fail to appreciate each day just how much we already possess. Light, air, freedom, the companionship of friends."
Author: Sophie Kinsella
41. "What is existence for but to be laughed at if men in their twenties have already attained the utmost?"
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
42. "Kindle, isn't it?" the waitress asked. "I got one for Christmas, and I love it. I'm reading my way through all of Jodi Picoult's books." "Oh, probably not all of them," Wesley said. "Huh? Why not?" "She's probably got another one done already. That's all I meant." "And James Patterson's probably written one since he got up this morning!" she said, and went off chortling."
Author: Stephen King
43. "What if the possibilities of Zion were already here, and its scattered elements all about us? A child's embrace, a companion's caress, a friend's laughter are its materials. Our capacity to mourn another's pain, like God's tears for His children; our desire to lift our neighbor from his destitution, like Christ's desire to lift us from our sin and sorrow—these are not to pass away when the elements shall melt with fervent heat. They are the stuff and substance of any Zion we build, any heaven we inherit. God is not radically Other, and neither is His heaven."
Author: Terryl L. Givens
44. "Although it was only six o'clock, the night was already dark. The fog, made thicker by its proximity to the Seine, blurred every detail with its ragged veils, punctured at various distances by the reddish glow of lanterns and bars of light escaping from illuminated windows. The road was soaked with rain and glittered under the street-lamps, like a lake reflecting strings of lights. A bitter wind, heavy with icy particles, whipped at my face, its howling forming the high notes of a symphony whose bass was played by swollen waves crashing into the piers of the bridges below. The evening lacked none of winter's rough poetry."
Author: Théophile Gautier
45. "What you are looking for is already in you...You already are everything you are seeking."
Author: Thích Nhất Hạnh
46. "She sank with an enormous sigh that carried all rigidity like a mythical fluid from her, down next to him; so weak she couldn't help him undress her; it took him 20 minutes, rolling, arranging her this way and that, as if she thought, he were some scaled-up, short-haired, poker-faced little girl with a Barbie doll. She may have fallen asleep once or twice. She awoke at last to find herself getting laid; she'd come in on a sexual crescendo in progress, like a cut to a scene where the camera's already moving. Outside a fugue of guitars had begun, and she counted each electronic voice as it came in, till she reached six or so and recalled only three of the Paranoids played guitars; so others must be plugging in."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
47. "And we have no more control over the not yet than we have had over the already."
Author: Timothy S. Lane
48. "And when that happens, I know it. A message saying so merely confirms a piece of news some secret vein had already received, severing from me an irreplaceable part of myself, letting it loose like a kite on a broken string. That is why, walking across a school campus on this particular December morning, I keep searching the sky. As if I expected to see, rather like hearts, a lost pair of kites hurrying towards heaven."
Author: Truman Capote
49. "I tried for a decade not to feel anything," I said. I didn't wipe away the tear that broke free. He'd already seen me cry. Erwin had seen me in literally every humor except perfectly happy. I had nothing to hide. "Why are you making this happen?"He leaned in and we opened the space between ourselves once more just so he could kiss the tear away from my cheek. You sonofabitch, I mouthed but did not say."Are you sure it's all me?"
Author: Vee Hoffman
50. "Why should I be honored? Don't I have enough attention, comfort and power already?"
Author: William Nicholson
Quotes About Already Pictures