Famous Quotes About Ander
Browse 2416 famous quotes and sayings about Ander.
Top Quotes About Ander
1. "A green X-wing closed in tighter to the formation. "Yes, sir." Though distorted by the comm system, the voice sounded indulgent rather than military."That's 'Yes, Wedge' until we're formally returned to duty." The commander smiled. "Or perhaps, 'Yes, Exalted One.' Or 'Yes, O envy of all Corellia.' Or-"
Author: Aaron Allston
2. "Ik zei vlug: 'Ze eten niet, drinken niet, ze pikken je kleren niet en ze kunnen niet op vakantie gaan, niet slapen, geen scheten laten of dubbel spel spelen of brutale antwoorden geven of je in de steek laten als je ze nodig hebt. En ze willen niet betaald worden en ze hebben geen lange tenen en ze hoeven niet geschilderd te worden en ze lijden niet aan de Kwelders en ze hebben geen menopauze en ze moorden en martelen niet en ze vechten geen oorlogen uit...' 'Ze kunnen ze wel veroorzaken,' wist Tess er nog gauw tussen te krijgen. '... en ze doen niets anders dan er fraai uitzien, terwijl ze staan te wachten tot je met ze doet wat je maar wilt, zoals ze bijvoorbeeld lézen. Goed... is dt genoeg voor vandaag, kunnen we nu doorgaan?"
Author: Aidan Chambers
3. "Whenever I get fed up with life I love to go wandering in nature."
Author: Andrea Arnold
4. "And, conversely, she went on to herself, sneering at the Grand Duke's palace, poverty is wasted on the poor, who never know how to make the best of things, are only the rich without money, are just as useless at looking after themselves, can't handle their cash just like the rich can't, always squandering it on bright, pretty, useless things in just the same way."
Author: Angela Carter
5. "Listen to me instead of your financial manager: It's okay to spend money, to save it, to give it away, to worry over it. It's just money. Your only enemy in life is time. Do be miser with time: hoard it, treasure it, don't squander a single minute of it."
Author: Cassandra King
6. "I intend to marry Michael, and squander all his money and run his life, and make sure he never again consorts with wicked women or gambles with licentious men. I promise I will henpeck him until he has no life beyond what I allow him, and when we die, I will lie in his arms through all eternity."
Author: Christina Dodd
7. "As he grew older, which was mostly in my absence, my firstborn son, Alexander, became ever more humorous and courageous. There came a time, as the confrontation with the enemies of our civilization became more acute, when he sent off various applications to enlist in the armed forces. I didn't want to be involved in this decision either way, especially since I was being regularly taunted for not having 'sent' any of my children to fight in the wars of resistance that I supported. (As if I could 'send' anybody, let alone a grown-up and tough and smart young man: what moral imbeciles the 'anti-war' people have become.)"
Author: Christopher Hitchens
8. "Tall people are naturally confident. History has proven this - Alexander the Great, Wilt Chamberlain, Gisele."
Author: Chuck Klosterman
9. "Over the years, Americans in particular have been all too willing to squander their hard-earned independence and freedom for the illusion of feeling safe under someone else's authority. The concept of self-sufficiency has been undermined in value over a scant few generations. The vast majority of the population seems to look down their noses upon self-reliance as some quaint dusty relic, entertained only by the hyperparanoid or those hopelessly incapable of fitting into mainstream society."
Author: Cody Lundin
10. "Midway along the journey of our lifeI woke to find myself in a dark wood,for I had wandered off from the straight path.How hard it is to tell what it was like,this wood of wilderness, savage and stubborn(the thought of it brings back all my old fears),a bitter place! Death could scarce be bitterer.But if I would show the good that came of itI must talk about things other than the good."
Author: Dante Alighieri
11. "I love Alexander McQueen. I like the construction of his suits. I think it's fantastic."
Author: Donatella Versace
12. "I enjoyed being a teammate of Deion Sanders. He brings different elements to the game that many people would not even realize, and to watch and witness a superior talent like him and watch him prepare and train, and study the game is truly amazing."
Author: Emmitt Smith
13. "He felt his hunger no longer as a pain but as a tide. He felt it rising in himself through time and darkness, rising through the centuries, and he knew that it rose in a line of men whose lives were chosen to sustain it, who would wander in the world, strangers from that violent country where the silence is never broken except to shout the truth. He felt it building from the blood of Abel to his own, rising and spreading in the night, a red-gold tree of fire ascended as if it would consume the darkness in one tremendous burst of flame. The boy's breath went out to meet it. He knew that this was the fire that had encircled Daniel, that had raised Elijah from the earth, that had spoken to Moses and would in the instant speak to him. He threw himself to the ground and with his face against the dirt of the grave, he heard the command. GO WARN THE CHILDREN OF GOD OF THE TERRIBLE SPEED OF MERCY. The words were as silent as seed opening one at a time in his blood."
Author: Flannery O'Connor
14. "If I am ever to find these trees meaningfulI must have you by the hand. As it is, theystretch dusty fingers into an obscure sky,and the snow looks up like a face dirtiedwith tears. Should I cry out and see what happens?There could only be a stranger wanderingin this landscape, cold, unfortunate, himselffrozen fast in wintry eyes."
Author: Frank O'Hara
15. "Like I always tell people, I don't pander to any audience, but you have to play to your audience."
Author: Gary Owens
16. "The American President resembles the commander of a ship at sea. He must have a helm to grasp, a course to steer, a port to seek."
Author: Henry Adams
17. "I see myself forever and ever as the ridiculous man, the lonely soul, the wanderer, the restless frustrated artist, the man in love with love, always in search of the absolute, always seeking the unattainable"
Author: Henry Miller
18. "Though he walked and breathed, and about him living leaves and flowers were stirred by the same cool wind as fanned his face, Frodo felt he was in a timeless land that did not fade or change or fall into forgetfulness. When he had gone and passed again into the outer world, still Frodo the wanderer from the Shire would walk there, upon the grass among elanor and niphredil in fair Lothlorien"
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
19. "Look at me." I stood in front of both of them. To Liz,I said, "You and Davis are adorable together." I turned to Chloe. "And you and Gavin are-"She raised her eyebrows at me."-interesting together.You can't let my fight with Nick ruin your relationships with your hot boyfriends. Come on, now.My fight with Nick has been going on for years.It's like this black hole,with gravity so strong that not even light can escape, sucking in winter breaks and dates and whole relationships,until the world-are you listening to me?"When I'd started waxing poetic,Chloe's attention had wandered around the room. I grabbed her chin and turned her face to me again. "Until the very world is devoid of love!""It's not that bad," Nick's voice came faintly through the locker room wall.We all looked at one another."Let's go up to my apartment," Chloe said. "Forget them.I have something in my room that will cheer us up, and it's much better than boys."
Author: Jennifer Echols
20. "Closer of lovely eyes to lovely dreams,Lover of loneliness, and wandering,Of upcast eye, and tender pondering!Thee must I praise above all other gloriesThat smile us on to tell delightful stories."
Author: John Keats
21. "De Verenigde Naties vatten de milieueffecten van de vleesindustrie als volgt samen: Het fokken van dieren voor de voedselproductie (ongeacht of dat in de bio-industrie of op traditionele wijze gebeurt) 'is een van de drie belangrijkste oorzaken van de meest bedreigende milieuproblemen, op elke schaal, lokaal of wereldwijd. De veeteelt zou een van de belangrijkste aandachtspunten moeten zijn als het gaat om problemen als verschraling, klimaatverandering, luchtvervuiling, watertekorten, watervervuiling en afnemende biodiversiteit. Het aandeel van de veeteelt in de milieuproblematiek is zeer aanzienlijk." Met andere woorden, als je om het milieu geeft en de wetenschappelijke resultaten van bronnen als de VN onderschrijft (of de Intergouvernementele Comissie voor Klimaatverandering, of het Center For Science in the Public Interest, de PEW-commissie, de Union of Concerned Scientists of het World-Watch Instituut,...), dan móet het eten van dieren je aan het hart gaan."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
22. "It was the very essence of his life to be a solitary achievement, accomplished not by hermit-like withdrawal with it's silence and immobility but by a system of restless wandering, by the detachment of an impermanent dweller amongst changing scenes. In this scheme he had perceived the means of passing through life without suffering and almost without a single care in the world- invulnerable because elusive."
Author: Joseph Conrad
23. "Wasn't it extraordinary to be in the world right now, wandering around in a wonderful adventure!"
Author: Jostein Gaarder
24. "Love is our greatest achievement. Don't ever forget that. Don't squander it. Seek it. Experience it. Savor it every day that you can, because you never know when a rogue wave might sweep you away."
Author: Julianne MacLean
25. "And then 'Wanderlust,' Ken Marino and David Wain wrote the funniest - they're amazing. That was one of my most favorite creative experiences; we're all up at that commune, a small group of people. Everyone was funnier than the next. It was an amazing ensemble feeling. Everyone gave and took in the best way."
Author: Kathryn Hahn
26. "Come, Philander, let us be a marching, Every one his true love a searching,"Would be the most appropriate motto for this chapter, because, intimidated by the threats, denunciations, and complaints showered upon me in consequence of taking the liberty to end a certain story as I liked, I now yield to the amiable desire of giving satisfaction, and, at the risk of outraging all the unities, intend to pair off everybody I can lay my hands on."
Author: Louisa May Alcott
27. "What she read was a series of short connected lyrics, "Isis in Darkness." The Egyptian Queen of Heaven and Earth was wandering in the Underworld, gathering up pieces of the murdered and dismembered body of her lover Osiris. At the same time, it was her own body she was putting back together; and it was also the physical universe. She was creating the universe by an act of love."
Author: Margaret Atwood
28. "...even when your mind wanders, it's going someplace, and all that travelling adds up..."
Author: Margaret Wrinkle
29. "Liberals in Congress have spent the past three decades pandering to environmental extremists. The policies they have put in place are in large part responsible for the energy crunch we are seeing today. We have not built a refinery in this country for 30 years."
Author: Marsha Blackburn
30. "I am a California girl, born and raised, so flip-flops and cutoff shorts are my go-to look. An easy Angeleno uniform, so to speak. But for my role on 'Suits,' I'm dressed in Alexander McQueen, Tom Ford, and Prada almost every day. And therein lies the difference. For work, I wear art; in real life, I wear clothes."
Author: Meghan Markle
31. "Kitten, you are the beat to my deadened heart, the light of my soul-less soul. You are seriously the only one that was ever made just for me. You are my ‘light' – my everything. You are mine." - Zander to Sylver"
Author: Mel Ballew
32. "How lucky country children are in these natural delights that lie ready to their hand! Every season and every plant offers changing joys. As they meander along the lane that leads to our school all kinds of natural toys present themselves for their diversion. The seedpods of stitchwort hang ready for delightful popping between thumb and finger, and later the bladder campion offers a larger, if less crisp, globe to burst. In the autumn, acorns, beechnuts, and conkers bedizen their path, with all their manifold possibilities of fun. In the summer, there is an assortment of honeys to be sucked from bindweed flowers, held fragile and fragrant to hungry lips, and the tiny funnels of honeysuckle and clover blossoms to taste."
Author: Miss Read
33. "Most humans manage to squander their free time, as free time makes them dysfunctional, lazy, and unmotivated—the busier they get, the more active they are at other tasks."
Author: Nassim Nicholas Taleb
34. "Stars flicker above, points of bright ice in a dark river. I pull a heavy sheepskin around my legs and stretch my feet toward the fire. Despite the cold, Liam plays his flute, the sound whistling through the night. Soon my eyes are heavy, my head nodding.I open my eyes at the deep melodious baritone of Salvius's voice telling a tale. Liam's flute is silent now. I have heard Salvius tell many tales on market days; he is known for his memory of wandering minstrels and mummers who visit us at Whitsunday and through Midsummer. Salvius is a mockingbird: he can give a fair charade of the rhythmic tones of any wandering bard or any noble of the Royal Court.In this darkness, his eyes catch the light like a cat in the night."
Author: Ned Hayes
35. "It's your world, but I make my way in it. At fifteen, no, I couldn't stand up to you. The age of illusions, when we know nothing, we hope for everything; we're wandering in a mist ... And the half of the world that's never had any use for us, suddenly is besieging us. You need us, you adore us, you're suffering for us. You want everything--except to know what we think. You look deep in our eyes--and put your hand up our dress. You call us, "Pretty thing." That confuses us. The most beautiful woman, the highest ranked, lives half dazzled by constant attention, half stifled by obvious contempt. We think all we're good for is pleasing you--till one day, long acquaintance with you dispels the last mist. In a clear light, we suddenly see you as you are--and generally we start preferring ourselves. At thirty, I could finally say no--or really say yes. That's when you begin backing away from us. Now I'm full-grown. I pursue my happiness the same as any man."
Author: Pierre Augustin Caron De Beaumarchais
36. "Cal stepped forward, hopefully to come to my rescue. "I could toss her off the pier, Ms. Vanderlyden."Or not."
Author: Rachel Hawkins
37. "Xander could sense more than David's smile. He wished he could be more like that, easygoing. But then, David hadn't seen what Xander had seen."
Author: Robert Liparulo
38. "Did I live the spring I'd sought?It's true in joy, I walked along,took part in dance, and sang the song.and never tried to bind an hourto my borrowed garden bower;nor did I once entreata day to slumber at my feet.Yet days aren't lulled by lyric song,like morning birds they pass along,o'er crests of trees, to none belong;o'er crests of trees of drying dew,their larking flight, my hands, eschewThus I'll say it once and true…From all that I saw, and everywhere I wandered,I learned that time cannot be spent,It only can be squandered."
Author: Roman Payne
39. "You wander from room to roomHunting for the diamond necklaceThat is already around your neck!"
40. "When Alexander of Macedon was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer. Eric Bristow is only 27."
Author: Sid Waddell
41. "The landscape of carcinogens is not static either. We are chemical apes: having discovered the capacity to extract, purify, and react molecules to produce new and wondrous molecules, we have begun to spin a new chemical universe around ourselves. Our bodies, our cells, our genes are thus being immersed and reimmersed in a changing flux of molecules--pesticides, pharmaceutical drugs, plastics, cosmetics, estrogens, food products, hormones, even novel forms of physical impulses, such as radiation and magnetism. Some of these, inevitably, will be carcinogenic. We cannot wish this world away; our task, then, is to sift through it vigilantly to discriminate bona fide carcinogens from innocent and useful bystanders."
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
42. "Aber Existieren ist etwas ganz anderes als Wissen."
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
43. "I didn't change Reid Alexander. I just helped him uncover who he always was, at his core."
Author: Tammara Webber
44. "Redistricting is a deeply political process, with incumbents actively seeking to minimize the risk to themselves (via bipartisan gerrymanders) or to gain additional seats for their party (via partisan gerrymanders)."
Author: Thomas E. Mann
45. "Some mornings they awake and can believe that they traverse an Eden, unbearably fair in the Dawn, squandering all its Beauty, day after day unseen, bearing them fruits, presenting them Game, bringing them a fugitive moment of Peace,--how, for days at a time, can they not, dizzy with it, believe themselves pass'd permanently into Dream...?"
Author: Thomas Pynchon
46. "Two commanders on the same field are always one too many."
Author: Ulysses S. Grant
47. "[Y]ou were too alert to the figurative possibilities of words not to see the phrase [angle of repose] as descriptive of human as well as detrital rest. As you said, it was too good for mere dirt; you tried to apply it to your own wandering and uneasy life ... I wonder if you ever reached it."
Author: Wallace Stegner
48. "There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by."
Author: William C. Bryant
49. "The admiral, or commander in chief of a squadron, being frequently invested with a great charge, on which the fate of a kingdom may depend, ought certainly to be possessed of abilities equal to so important a station and so extensive a command."
Author: William Falconer
50. "I cut a rap song once. It was a few years ago for my old show 'Buck Commander,' and it was a song called 'You're Short.' It was about my camera guy. We shot the video in Las Vegas, 'Ocean's Eleven' style!"
Author: Willie Robertson
Quotes About Ander Pictures