Famous Quotes About Anni
Browse 1644 famous quotes and sayings about Anni.
Top Quotes About Anni
1. "Sally Field looks amazing in general, never mind her age! She's a phenomenally talented actress and has had a career spanning so many decades."
Author: Alison Sweeney
2. "This is the book I never readThese are the words I never saidThis is the path I'll never treadThese are the dreams I'll dream insteadThis is the joy that's seldom spreadThese are the tears...The tears we shedThis is the fearThis is the dread"These are the contents of my headAnd these are the years that we have spentAnd this is what they representAnd this is how I feelDo you know how I feel?"~Annie Lennox"
Author: Annie Lennox
3. "Women's hats contain so many possibilities for subtle sensual expression. When I wear one, it entices the opposite sex with erotic suggestions which they interpret without confusion and which I have never figured out. My wife is always able to predict when I'll forget our anniversary, how thin she'll look on my birthday, and who ate her box of chocolates on Valentine's Day. Without my hat as her radar, I would have absolutely no insight into her total inexplicability."
4. "There's a bit of debate about that; some say it was really Matthew, but the popular consensus is that Mark was the first one, so that's why I did that one first. And I was planning on doing all four."
Author: Chester Brown
5. "Because it is the triumph of a lack of planning –both for good and bad. It's chaos –and whether you say that with a gasp of despair or glee or both is up to you. Whereas Paris (certainly in the centre) is the success of a single overarching monomaniacal topographic vision, London is a chaotic patchwork of history, architecture, style, as disorganised as any dream, and like any dream possessing an underlying logic, but one that we can't quite make sense of, though we know it's there. A shoved-together city cobbled from centuries of distinct aesthetics disrespectfully clotted in a magnificent triumph of architectural philistinism. A city of jingoist sculptures, concrete caryatids, ugly ugly ugly financial bombast, reconfiguration. A city full of parks and gardens, which have always been magic places, one of the greenest cities in the world, though it's a very dirty shade of green –and what sort of grimy dryads does London throw up? You tell me."
Author: China Miéville
6. "The whole tendency of modern life is towards scientific planning and organisation, central control, standardisation, and specialisation. If this tendency was left to work itself out to its extreme conclusion, one might expect to see the state transformed into an immense social machine, all the individual components of which are strictly limited to the performance of a definite and specialised function, where there could be no freedom because the machine could only work smoothly as long as every wheel and cog performed its task with unvarying regularity. Now the nearer modern society comes to the state of total organisation, the more difficult it is to find any place for spiritual freedom and personal responsibility. Education itself becomes an essential part of the machine, for the mind has to be as completely measured and controlled by the techniques of the scientific expert as the task which it is being trained to perform."
Author: Christopher Henry Dawson
7. "Are you going to drink my blood?" he wanted to know. I think I had expected him to be a little more afraid of me and his casual tone was a tad bit frustrating to my ego. "Well, I was planning on it, yes."
Author: Cyma Rizwaan Khan
8. "My dad named me Dakota and my mom came up with my first name Hannah. So it's Hannah Dakota Fanning."
Author: Dakota Fanning
9. "... Promise me you won't do anything stupid.""Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'd been planning to come up with the most moronic plan I could think of, but I guess now I won't."
Author: Eileen Cook
10. "Pauline kept a scrapbook into which she pasted important articles that she had cut out of the newspapers. These were about the courageous deeds that had been done by people even if they only had one leg or couldn't see or had been dropped on their heads when they were babies.'It's to make me brave,' she'd explained to Annika."
Author: Eva Ibbotson
11. "And so Fannie Mae produces very strong results for investors in - when interest rates are high and when interest rates are low, in recession and during booms."
Author: Franklin Raines
12. "Tuttavia, Florentino Ariza scoprì quella somiglianza molti anni dopo, mentre si pettinava davanti allo specchio, e solo allora capì che un uomo sa quando comincia a invecchiare perchè comincia ad assomigliare a suo padre."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
13. "Your extracurricular activities are definitely somewhat lackluster, Annie.""What? Being the daughter of a celebrated criminal doesn't count as an extracurricular activity?""No," Scarlet said. "A case could be made for poisoning your ex-boyfriend however."
Author: Gabrielle Zevin
14. "Underneath his steal and wool and boiled leather, Jaime Lannister was a tapestry of cuts and scabs and bruises."
Author: George R.R. Martin
15. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards."
Author: George R.R. Martin
16. "I wanted to feel the blood running back into my veins, even at the cost of annihilation. I wanted to shake the stone and light out of my system. I wanted the dark fecundity of nature, the deep well of the womb, silence, or else the lapping of the black waters of death. I wanted to be that night which the remorseless eye illuminated, a night diapered with stars and trailing comets. To be of night so frighteningly silent, so utterly incomprehensible and eloquent at the same time. Never more to speak or to listen or to think."
Author: Henry Miller
17. "I'm planning, you see, to try to confine myself to the truth. That's hard for an old, inveterate fantasy martyr and liar who has never hesitated to give truth the form he felt the occasion demanded."
Author: Ingmar Bergman
18. "I also wanted to play with Peyton Manning because I thought he could teach me a lot, and he did."
Author: Jamal Lewis
19. "Giovanni had awakened an itch, had released a gnaw in me. I realized it one afternoon, when I was taking him to work via the Boulevard Montparnasse. We had bought a kilo of cherries and we were eating them as we walked along. We were both insufferably childish and high-spirited that afternoon and the spectacle we presented, two grown men jostling each other on the wide sidewalk and aiming the cherry pits, as though they were spitballs, into each other's faces, must have been outrageous. And I realized that such childishness was fantastic at my age and the happiness out of which it sprang yet more so; for that moment I really loved Giovanni, who had never seemed more beautiful than he was that afternoon."
Author: James Baldwin
20. "Yes and I had heard it before. But what is that to me? If there is no other objection to my marrying your nephew, I shall certainly not be kept from it by knowing that his mother and aunt wished him to marry Miss de Bourgh. You both did as much as you could in planning the marriage. Its completion depended on others. If Mr. Darcy is neither by honour or inclination confined to his cousin, why not is he to make another choice? And if I am that choice, why may not I accept him?"
Author: Jane Austen
21. "However, during our marriage there have been periods when she has become rather lazy. Jeannie describes these periods as "pregnancy." My view has always been, pregnant or not, that does not mean she can't move some cinder blocks. We are a team, and I have to take a second nap today. Of course, pregnant women are not lazy. In fact, they are the opposite of lazy. Whatever they are doing, they are also always growing a baby. Even when they are sleeping, they are growing a baby. They are constantly multitasking. I'm often not even tasking."
Author: Jim Gaffigan
22. "Technologically we can deliver the ability of parents to be able to log into a school intranet, be able to see what homework has been set or look at lesson planning, whether the child is attending, see what the timetable is like, all of that is possible and there are some schools that are doing it already."
Author: Jim Knight
23. "Recipe for success: Multiple years of working hardFive containers of planning smartA blend of perseverance and sacrificeA wee bit sleep to pay the priceA mountain of self-confidenceAnd a huge boatload of common senseA wad of constructive connectionsAnd a regular pause for reflections"
Author: Joan Marques
24. "But as soon as we got that higher speed access to the home there?s going to be a tremendous crunch on the backbones for a much higher speed bandwidth. People really ought to be planning for that."
Author: Jon Postel
25. "Tanning is tricky, because a lot of people just look orange."
Author: Laura Linney
26. "Troo's a little in front of me bouncing a red rubber ball that she 'borrowed' from the playground shed. She's warming up to play that A my name is Annie and I come from Alabama with a carload of apples game. When she gets to the letter f, her name will be Fifi and she will come from where else but France. I refuse to repeat what she will have a carload of."
Author: Lesley Kagen
27. "I love Diane Keaton's style in 'Annie Hall,' but I like to think my own style is like a cross between 'Annie Hall' and Prince."
Author: Lianne La Havas
28. "Didn't you have any sadistic nannies who told you these tales to keep you quiet and well behaved at night? Heavens, what's to become of the Empire if governesses have lost their touch for scaring the wits out of their girls?"
Author: Libba Bray
29. "Governments don't spy on you for your protection, they spy on you to see if you're planning a revolt."
Author: Lori Goodwin
30. "Velg hva du vil, Anni, sa Indira. Hun var like rastløs her som jeg hadde vært i avdelingen for dameklær. For en gangs skyld protesterte jeg ikke, men valgte tre: Charles Dickens' Samlede verker, Jane Eyre av Charlotte Brontë og Stolthet og fordom av Jane Austen. Jeg klemte dem inntil meg da vi forlot Harrods og kunne nesten ikke tro at jeg virkelig eide dem og aldri ville bli nødt til å gi dem fra meg."
Author: Lucinda Riley
31. "Lust's passion will be served; it demands, it militates, it tyrannizes."
Author: Marquis De Sade
32. "It was very different when the masters of science sought immortality and power; such views, although futile, were grand: but now the scene was changed. The ambition of the inquirer seemed to limit itself to the annihilation of those visions on which my interest in science was chiefly founded. I was required to exchange chimeras of boundless grandeur for realities of little worth."
Author: Mary Shelley
33. "We've certainly learned a lot of lessons from Katrina, from Rita. Rita was better than Katrina. We're doing a better job planning. We're closer - more closely aligned with the Department of Defense. These things would be positive things if we were to have another attack."
Author: Michael Chertoff
34. "In the year of Christ 1571, at the age of thirty-eight, on the last day of February, anniversary of his birth, Michel de Montaigne, lon weary of the servitude of the court and of public employments, while still entire, retired to the bosom of the learned Virgins [Muses], where in calm and freedom from all cares he will spend what little remains of his life now more than half run out. If the fates permit, he will completethis abode, this sweet ancestral retreat; and he has consecrated it to his freedom, tranquility, and leisure."
Author: Michel De Montaigne
35. "Take care of my heart won't you, Sophie? It's a little odd having it outside my body-but I'm planning to steal yours to make up for it."
Author: Nalini Singh
36. "We have to honor our commitments to today's beneficiaries, but we can't solve the growing deficit and debt problems unless we are smart, courageous, and sensible in planning for future."
Author: Nan Hayworth
37. "It's Annie and me they're all sitting around here like cardboard people judging; It's Annie and me. And what we did that they think is wrong, when you pare it all down, was fall in love."
Author: Nancy Garden
38. "Two cannibals were eating a comedian, and one of them turns to the other and asks, 'Does this taste funny to you?"
Author: Nicholas Sparks
39. "We live in an age that cannibalises its past because it has lost faith in its future."
Author: Paul J. McAuley
40. "If you do enough planning before you start to write, there's no way you can have writer's block. I do a complete chapter by chapter outline."
Author: R. L. Stine
41. "Brannicks and magic and hell, oh my," ~ Sophie"
Author: Rachel Hawkins
42. "Now, through an act as simple as walking across a stage and collecting an empty plastic folder representing a degree, our stock had plummeted to nothing, the wretched leavings of some cosmic Ponzi scheme. A lifetime's worth of planning and training and delusion gone with the wind. Some of us were moving home to live free of charge in our parents' guest rooms, or if we were thin enough, heading west to try our luck in L.A.; others, to our collective horror, were being forced to work at actual jobs."
Author: Rachel Shukert
43. "The taxi driver felt that it was a good observation, and said he was planning to build for the future, too: he had some money on the horses, and if he won, he would buy his own taxicab, and really do well.I felt very sorry. I told him that betting on the horses was a bad idea, but he insisted it was the only way he could do it. He had such good intentions, but his method was going to be luck.I wasn't going to go on philosophizing, so he took me to a place where there was a steel band playing some great calypso music, and I had an enjoyable afternoon."
Author: Richard P. Feynman
44. "But who could blame them if it had been? Even she'd seen how hideously tyrannical Marshal Connors had become around the holidays. A suspicious number of people had simply begun disappearing off the compound at a terrifying rate during that time and even someone as lowly as she had begun to wonder how little it took to piss the brass off in those days. She'd even lessened her hours of day dreaming and speculating in order to appear busy just in case for some reason he came waltzing into the Payroll Department one day and actually spoke to her."
Author: Santino Hassell
45. "I'll miss everybody too. But I'll be back for Christmas, and for the summer. Abuelita, it's the best school in the United States.""You'll come back a different person. Worse, you won't want to come back after you see everything out there. Why would you want to come back to this horrible nada?""Abuelita, that's not true. I'll be back. I'll call you every week, on the weekends when it's cheaper. I'll learn so much. Nobody at Ysleta has ever been to Harvard, at least no one the teachers can remember.""It's a great honor, m'ijo. We know that. I'm sure everyone in Ysleta is proud of you. But this is who you are," she said, for a moment scanning the dark night air and the empty street. A cricket chirped in the darkness. "God help you when you go to this ‘Havid.' You will be so far away from us, from everything you know. You will be alone. What if something happens to you? Who's going to help you? But you always wanted to be alone; you were always so independent, so stubborn.""Like you."
Author: Sergio Troncoso
46. "Specificity refers to the ability of any medicine to discriminate between its intended target and its host. Killing a cancer cell in a test tube is not a particularly difficult task: the chemical world is packed with malevolent poisons that, even in infinitesimal quantities, can dispatch a cancer cell within minutes. The trouble lies in finding a selective poison—a drug that will kill cancer without annihilating the patient. Systemic therapy without specificity is an indiscriminate bomb. For an anticancer poison to become a useful drug, Meyer knew, it needed to be a fantastically nimble knife: sharp enough to kill cancer yet selective enough to spare the patient."
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
47. "Breast Growth Tips Ok, here's a tip if you want to grow your breasts. It's not the weed that does it, it's the getting off pills. Annie, for example, had been on pills since she was 16, so nearly 20 years. It took her about 5 months to get completely off pills, with the aid of cannabis and hash, and another 2 months for her breasts to grow. Yes, I helped her with all of this. If she says otherwise, she's lying, as she often does. The growth is not caused by cannabis, but by getting away from the growth-stunting pills. In Annie's case, there was another factor, the activating of her chakras etc. That is important as well. So, to recap, in order to grow your breasts: a. Get off pills and stay off. b. Smoke cannabis and hash to help with a. c. Activate your chakras and kundalini. d. Play with your new boobies. Oil the nipples, it keeps them moist and prevents chafing. That is all. ~ Sienna"
Author: Sienna McQuillen
48. "I have a character failing. I am quite incapable of identifying with anything whole-heartedly. Whatever I am doing, I am always planning to do something else. I would rather travel than arrive."
Author: Stephen Bayley
49. "Look, just stop trying to annihilate yourself, okay? Because if I think you can do it, I'll make Doc pull me out today. Or I'll tell Jared. Just imagine what he would do.I imagined it for her, smiling a little through my tears. Remeber? He said no guarantees about what he would or wouldn't do to keep you here. I though of those buring kisses in the hall...thought of other kisses and other nights in her memory. My face warmed as I blushed.You fight dirty.You bet I do."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
50. "Of course, she hunted them down later and made it clear that if they so much as looked at him again, she'd pull a Viking and rip their lungs out of their chests, flip them over their shoulders and turn them into wings.~Annika"
Author: Sydney Croft
Quotes About Anni Pictures