Famous Quotes About Appreciate
Browse 1206 famous quotes and sayings about Appreciate.
Top Quotes About Appreciate
1. "To appreciate life's small moments, it helps to have a sense the whole can never be made perfect."
Author: Alain De Botton
2. "Now that I think of it, she looked splendid. I wish I had met her somewhere else. I wish I had appreciated her as she deserved. I wish that everything had gone differently."
Author: Alice Munro
3. "The way you're feeling right now makes you appreciate all the good times you have. All the pain of change and loss… those make you realize how much you love the things you have."
Author: Amy Huntley
4. "So often this summer I keep thinking: I know I'm holding back. I know I'm waiting. I know I'm afraid to go forward. But I don't know how to get there from here."He was quiet, so she kept going. "Sometimes I see it as a tricky mountain pass between two valleys. Other times, it's like perilous straits connecting two lands. Partly it's the fear of the trip itself, I think, but partly it's the fear that I won't be able to get back. I'll turn around and the clouds will have settled over the mountaintop. Or the waters will have risen and shifted, and there will be no way home."Paul nodded. He took her hand again, which she discovered she appreciated.But that's not even the real fear."He gave her an odd smile. Short on mirth but affectionate. "What's the real fear?"The real fear is that I won't want to go home."
Author: Ann Brashares
5. "A man who doesn't appreciate a good woman that cook for him and also bring it to the table for him to eat will eventaully end up in the kitchen cooking by himself, buying junks from the fast food joint or have his stomach empty all the time."
Author: Bamigboye Olurotimi
6. "All vacations can come down to a few little moments - what do your remember when you're alone, totally relaxed and taken out of yourself to appreciate this other world."
Author: Bill Kurtis
7. "Because of the fact that we've been through so much, we're going to appreciate every step of being parents. I think we're going to savor it and cherish it and we're going to be the best parents we can be."
Author: Bill Rancic
8. "Once it's too late, you appreciate what a miracle life is."
Author: Bill Watterson
9. "I suppose if it has a practical purpose, I appreciate a pat on the back. I suppose it's rewarding, ultimately."
Author: Brendan Fraser
10. "I didn't want to rush things. Well, I did want to, but I know when I shouldn't. I wanted to push her up against the door, rip off her panties, and ram myself into her, but I suspected she wouldn't appreciate it as much as I would"
Author: C.J. Roberts
11. "The lovely thing about being forty is that you can appreciate twenty-five-year-old men more."
Author: Colleen McCullough
12. "At the most basic level, I appreciate writers who have something to say."
Author: Daniel Alarcon
13. "I try to stay positive by focusing on how much I'll appreciate my health if I get better."
Author: Daniel Johns
14. "When her muzzle grew more white than brown, the chipmunk forgot that she and the squirrel had had nothing to talk about. She forgot the definition of "jazz" as well and came to think of it as every beautiful thing she had ever failed to appreciate: the taste of warm rain; the smell of a baby; the din of a swollen river, rushing past her tree and onward to infinity."
Author: David Sedaris
15. "Connecting with those you know love, like and appreciate you restores the spirit and give you energy to keep moving forward in this life."
Author: Deborah Day
16. "I, Gavin MacKenzie, sexycowboy man of Baker City, Oregon …being of sound mind and hot body … dohereby declare that I love you, AndieMarks, lawyer extraordinaire, and wantto be married to you until I'm so old, Ieither die or my pecker falls off.I will have sexwith you whenever you want, and I willalways give you the option to be on topif that's what will make you happy.Blowjobs will always be optional butappreciated.I will change diapers when calledfor, both for our children and for youwhen you're old and decrepit. I willnever spit in public or burp too loudly orsay mean things about your friends.I promise never to raise my handagainst you in anger or tell you thatyou're useless or threaten to hurt peoplewho you love. Ten-four, over and out,happily ever after. Those are my vows."
Author: Elle Casey
17. "You may have misery," she continued, ignoring my plea, "you may lose hope in the sorrow of an unplanned life but as long as you have faith and trust in adoration, in affection, in love, that sorrow will turn to happiness. And that is a constant, dear." She breathed deeply and steadily for a moment, seemingly catching her breath."No one can know sincere happiness, Sophie, without first having known sorrow. One can never appreciate the enormity and rareness of such a fiery bliss without seeing misery, however unfair that may be."And you will know honest happiness. Of that I am certain. Certain because it's why you are here and also because here is your inevitability."
Author: Fisher Amelie
18. "Brad Pitt is a dude who just wants to make good movies. He's not afraid to surround himself with the greatest actors, which I always appreciate because I've also seen actors who only want to surround themselves with weak actors because it makes them look better. That ends up making a poorer movie."
Author: Garret Dillahunt
19. "You wouldn't understand my works. You wouldn't have the faintest idea of what they were about. You wouldn't appreciate the points of reference. You're way behind. All of you. There's no point in sending you my works. You'd be lost. It's nothing to do with a question of intelligence. It's a way of being able to look at the world. It's a question of how far you can operate on things and not in things. I mean it's a question of your capacity to ally the two, to relate the two, to balance the two. To see, to be able to see! I'm the one who can see. That's why I can write my critical works. Might do you good...have a look at them...see how certain people can view...things...how certain people can maintain...intellectual equilibrium. Intellectual equilibrium. You're just objects. You just...move about. I can observe it. I can see what you do. It's the same as I do. But you're lost in it. You won't get me being...I won't be lost in it."
Author: Harold Pinter
20. "We need dualities or opposites to appreciate, understandand recognize value and distinction in our lives. If we did not have bitter, we could not appreciate sweet...."
Author: I. Alan Appt
21. "A society that does not correctly interpret and appreciate its past cannot understand its present fortunes and adversities and can be caught unawares in a fast changing world."
Author: Ibrahim Babangida
22. "But the thing I'm finding out is some people don't really appreciate it when you'r trying to be helpful."
Author: Jeff Kinney
23. "What type of flavor do you think I prefer?" She cocked her head. "The subtle, the delicately made. You're the type of person who wants the mystery inside the flower bud." I can still appreciate the different nuances of the stronger flavors." He studied the orchid in the center of the table. "With the very delicate, you sculpt something down to such a whisper of form, there's nothing else it can be. It's in strength you find surprises, variation."
Author: Joey W. Hill
24. "Maybe if they had put a little more effort into it, the labor theory of value would be better appreciated today."
Author: John Alejandro King
25. "The themes Poe used were universal and timeless. As long as the English language exists at all, we will be able to appreciate what he did. It will not age! It will not become dated!"
Author: John Astin
26. "I never appreciated 'positive heroes' in literature. They are almost always cliches, copies of copies, until the model is exhausted. I prefer perplexity, doubt, uncertainty, not just because it provides a more 'productive' literary raw material, but because that is the way we humans really are."
Author: Jose Saramago
27. "The thing I can say about all this stuff that's going on right now is that I appreciate it."
Author: Josh Duhamel
28. "When I see that my geek may have contained some of the best parts of me, when I love and appreciate him, I set my children free to see themselves as lovable however they are."
Author: Kenny Loggins
29. "You can't go from 1-10 without going through 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. Learning to respect the process and living to appreciate the result is the formula for growth"
Author: Kerry E. Wagner
30. "I definitely learned to appreciate there is something about looking good. I think it's been sort of lost in the last 50 years, this idea of looking very nice and very put together."
Author: Kevin Zegers
31. "I so much appreciate it when anybody tries to make something and tries to be an artist - I'm happy to see the work."
Author: Laurie Anderson
32. "You have to fill your cup and appreciate what you already have before you can face the truth about what isn't working and what might need to change."
Author: Lissa Rankin
33. "One must have sorrow to truly appreciate joy."
Author: Megan Hart
34. "I mean, you're gonna be left behind if you don't appreciate the genius that is Meredith Vieira."
Author: Mo Rocca
35. "Fairies with gossamer wings, Bring forth beauty, grace and joyful things. Fairies of the earth are caretakers of our soil, water and trees,They watch over beautiful creatures such as bears, bunnies and bees.Fairies ask that you breathe in and appreciate the vantage point from which you stand,Then trod carefully and respectfully with each intentional step you make across this beautiful land."
Author: Molly Friedenfeld
36. "It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership."
Author: Nelson Mandela
37. "Appreciate it." David headed toward the door, paused. "Listen, would you let me know if shegets… if she starts to get a crush on you. It's probably normal, but I'd like to head it off if it veers thatway.""It's not like that. I think I'm more big brother, maybe uncle material. But your boy's got achampion crush on Sophie."David stared. Blinked. Then rubbed his hands over his face. "Missed that one. I thought it cameand went the first week. Hell.""She can handle it. Nothing she does better than handle the male of the species. She won't bruisehim.""He manages to bruise himself." He thought of Pilar, and winced"
Author: Nora Roberts
38. "How could it be winter without snow?I appreciated every season, but winter was my favorite.I loved when it was time to pull out my thick sweaters.I loved the smell of a wood fire.I loved skiing and snow boarding and sledding, when i could find the time-although time was in a short supply when school was in session.I even enjoyed the cold, wintry weather, it was great for snuggling."
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
39. "It's not just what Christian fiction lacks I appreciate - it's what it offers. The variety is vast: contemporary, historical, suspense, mysteries, adventure, young adult, romance, fantasy, science fiction."
Author: Randy Alcorn
40. "Percy," Grover said, "the gods really don't appreciate people sitting in their thrones. I mean like turn-you-into-a-pile-of-ashes don't appreciate it."
Author: Rick Riordan
41. "Don't make fun," Alexis scolded. "The Stinger's design was piss before I came along. I turned it into a work of art, and by my good right hand, I plan to keep improving it until the day I die. Shut up and appreciate me." -Alexis Vylis"
Author: S.G. Night
42. "... It's perfect! Locke would appreciate it.""Bug," Calo said, "Locke is our brother and our love for him knows no bounds. But the four most fatal words in the Therin language are 'Locke would appreciate it.'""Rivalled only by 'Locke taught me a new trick,'" added Galo."The only person who gets away with Locke Lamora games ...""... is Locke ...""... because we think the gods are saving him up for a really big death. Something with knives and hot irons ...""... and fifty thousand cheering spectators."
Author: Scott Lynch
43. "So here I am, chugging extra-caffeinatedespresso and hoping I stay awake for my test this afternoon. Thanks, boss. Appreciate it. You are the best. Where's Animal Control when you really need them? Better yet, get me an ax so I can cut off his head, and I don't mean the one on his shoulders. Mood: PissedSong: "Everything About You": Ugly Kid Joe"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
44. "Je t'aime, Lottie. Plus qu'un zloty." I hesitate, not sure what to say. "Well, it's a start....""'I love you, Lottie, More that a zloty'?" Lorcan translates incredulously. "Seriously?" "Lottie's a difficult rhyme!" Richard says defensively. "You try!" "You could have used 'potty,'" suggests Noah. "'I love you, Lottie, Sitting on the potty.'""Thanks, Noah," says Richard grouchily. "Appreciate it."
Author: Sophie Kinsella
45. "Set a high standard on how you treat women. Whether they appreciate it or not, don't lower your own standards of behavior."
Author: Steve Maraboli
46. "Who does not know the evils of war cannot appreciate its benefits"
Author: Sun Tzu
47. "The world doesn't owe you anything. You have to work for everything you get and you have to appreciate every bit of success the world gives you."
Author: Taylor Swift
48. "One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them."
Author: Thomas Sowell
49. "Eli likes to explore with other people different kinds of sex that his partner doesn't enjoy; he says, 'It enables me to show different aspects of my sexuality to those who appreciate them most."
Author: Tristan Taormino
50. "Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."
Author: Virginia Satir
Quotes About Appreciate Pictures