Famous Quotes About Archeologist
Browse 8 famous quotes and sayings about Archeologist.
Top Quotes About Archeologist
1. "As animals have no idea of the holy or the devil, they have no idea of the beautiful. The opinion held by some scientists that apes could paint, based on the 'paintings' apes had done, proved to be quite wrong. It has been confirmed that apes only imitate man. So- called 'ape art' surely does not exist. On the contrary, the cave men from Cromagnon onward knew how to paint and care. Their drawings have been found in caves of the Sahara, in Spain at Altamira, in Franc at Lascaux, and recently in Poland at Mashicka. Many of these pictures are thought to be more than 30,000 years old. Some time ago, a group of Soviet archeologists discovered a set of musical instruments, made 20,000 years ago, near the town of Chernigov in the Ukraine."
Author: Alija Izetbegovic
2. "It's just one thing after another. Cars that won't run. Planes that will never fly again. Computer systems we can barely use, let alone re-create. It's like...time is flowing backward. We're caveman archeologists in the ruins of the future."
Author: Dan Wells
3. "Tate practically raised you from what I hear. You love him, don't you?"Her face closed up. "For all the good it will ever do me, yes," she said softly."He won't have the excuse of pure Lakota blood much longer," he advised."I'm not holding out for miracles anymore," she vowed. "I'm going to stop wanting what I can never have. From now on, I'll take what I can get from life and be satisfied with it. Tate will have to find his own way.""That's sour grapes," he observed."You bet it is. What do you want me to do to help?""It's dangerous," he pointed out, hesitating as he considered her youth. "I don't know…""I'm a card-carrying archeologist," she reminded him. "Haven't you ever watched an Indiana Jones movies? We're all like that," she told him with a wicked grin. "Mild-mannered on the outside and veritable world-tamers inside. I can get a whip and a fedora, too, if you like," she added."
Author: Diana Palmer
4. "Like the continents, men and women were once connected, but they drifted apart. The evidence is still there, but you have to possess the determination of a mad archeologist to discover it."
Author: Joshua Emmet
5. "I am an explorer,' she whispered, 'setting courageously off into the wild unknown.' It was not a daydream she'd ever had before, but she felt the familiar comfort of her imagination wrapping around her. She was an archeologist, a scientist, a treasure hunter. She was a master of land and sea. 'My life is an adventure.' she said, growing confident as she opened her eyes again. 'I will not be shackled to this satellite anymore.'Thorne tilted his head to one side. He waited for three heartbeats before sliding one hand down into hers. 'I have no idea what you're talking about,' he said. 'But we'll go with it."
Author: Marissa Meyer
6. "The things I wanted to be when I was a kid were an archeologist, because of dinosaur bones; a garbage man, because they got to ride on the side of the trucks; and a writer."
Author: Nick Tosches
7. "When the archeologists find this place they'll destroy history. Mankind will attempt to bury this information but we will ensure there is a leak. Intel this valuable makes insignificant fame starved humans grand masters of legend.Secrets are best retold to hungry ears."
8. "Writers are archeologists of themselves."
Author: Vicki Grove
Quotes About Archeologist Pictures