Famous Quotes About Artists Being Crazy
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Artists Being Crazy.
Top Quotes About Artists Being Crazy
1. "Gen stopped and talked to Simon Thaibault, who was reading One Hundred Years Of Solutide in Spanish. 'This will take me forever,' Thaibault said to Gen in French, 'Maybe a hundred years. At least I know I have the time.''Who knew that being kidnapped was so much like attending university?' Gen said."
Author: Ann Patchett
2. "Look, I don't see why bad artists - I mean artists who are obviously incompetent... - why they should be presented hypocritically as good artists just because they're supposed to be advancing the frontiers of freedom of expression or... ...demonstrating that there should be no limit on subject matter."
Author: Anthony Burgess
3. "My season of compromise is OVER. The reason I am misunderstood...I am not stuck up, I am selective. You can't let everyone get close to you. Being pleasing and sacraficing parts or all yourself to the undeserving is self-sabaotage. You're not a victim, you made a choice. If it doesn't work, make a new one. Next."
Author: C. Nzingha Smith
4. "So--what's it like, being a vampire?""Aline!" Isabelle looked appalled. "You can't just go around asking people what's it like to be a vampire!""I don't see why," Aline said. "He hasn't been a vampire that long, has he? So he must still remember what it was like being a person." She turned back to Simon. "Does blood taste like blood to you? Or does it taste like something else now, like orange juice or something? Because I would think the taste of blood would-""It tastes like chicken," Simon said, just to shut her up."Really?" Aline looked astonished."He's making fun of you, Aline," said Sebastain"
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "I think how breakups can bring out the worst in the best people, and part of being upset is mouthing off crap you don't mean."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
6. "We laugh at sheep because sheep just follow the one in front. We humans have out-sheeped the sheep, because at least the sheep need a sheep dog to keep them in line. Humans keep each other in line. And they do it by ridiculing or condemning anyone who commits the crime, and that's what it's become, of being different."
Author: David Icke
7. "(...) being right all the time acquires a huge importance in education, and there is this terror of being wrong. The ego is so tied to being right that later on in life you are reluctant to accept that you are ever wrong, because you are defending not the idea but your self-esteem. (...) this terror of being wrong means that people have enormous difficulties in changing ideas."
Author: Edward De Bono
8. "Old stories have a habit of being told and retold and changed. Each subsequent storyteller puts his or her mark upon it. Whatever truth the story once had is buried in bias and embellishment. The reasons do not matter as much as the story itself."
Author: Erin Morgenstern
9. "I ought not to have stirred, I was swept into the dance, caught up in the whirling movement of things. Being in Time means running after the present. You run after things, you run with things, you flow away."
Author: Eugène Ionesco
10. "All I'm ever looking for in my work in general is honesty and truth and people being real to themselves."
Author: IO Tillett Wright
11. "That's what we really mean by being feared on the football field. And not actually the player that fears him, it's the offensive coordinator that fears him or the running backs coach."
Author: Jamal Lewis
12. "Writing is like being in love. You never get better at it or learn more about it. The day you think you do is the day you lose it. Robert Frost called his work a lover's quarrel with the world. It's ongoing. It has neither a beginning nor an end. You don't have to worry about learning things. The fire of one's art burns all the impurities from the vessel that contains it."
Author: James Lee Burke
13. "A human being who wakened in the morning with a queesy stomach, with fifteen hours to kill before next bedtime, had not much use for freedom."
Author: Jean Paul Sartre
14. "Next year, Equality Now will celebrate - if that's the word - will clock its twentieth year. Two decades of fighting the good fight, fighting the cause, and in case I haven't been the clear, the cause is that one half of the human race is given the same basic equal rights that the other half enjoys.Or, not given. Given back.That is not a milestone, twenty years, that I intend to go unnoticed. I want to make some noise. I want to make a joyful noise, I want to make too much noise. I want the neighbors to complain. I'm tired of being polite about something that matters so much."
Author: Joss Whedon
15. "It was like being given a maths problem when your brain's exhausted, and you know there's some far-off solution, but you can't work up the energy even to give it a go. Something in me just gave up."
Author: Kazuo Ishiguro
16. "I raised my hands, trying to shush her."Don't shush me," she said, eyes blazing. "I hate being shushed."
Author: Kenneth Oppel
17. "...trying to be a good mother may be as distant from being a good mother as trying to have a good time is from truly having one."
Author: Lionel Shriver
18. "I turn my head to look at him again. Immediately it gets all fuzzy with hormones."Um, I was, uh, I was thinking about being shaken and stirred." He looks over at me and quirks one brow. "I mean I was thinking how well you could probably shake and stir something."Ohmigod, somebody stop me!"
Author: M. Leighton
19. "All those days of waiting on tables until I could get a role on Broadway, all that time going to school taking lessons, and all those years of being a nobody following a dream-and now here it is."
Author: Marcia Gay Harden
20. "Don't be proud of only liking realism. It is like being proud of not having an imagination."
Author: Matt Haig
21. "Power is not divided equally ,differences in any form leads to destruction of every country...we came to lead we r being leadedwe came to earn we r being earned"
22. "Happiness is achieved by flowing with the known and the unknown within you, being in a state of simplified simplicity."
Author: Paul Andreas Wunderlich
23. "To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge"
Author: Ravi Zacharias
24. "It is only in the peach innocence of youth that life is at its crest on top of the wheel. And there being only life, the young cling to it, they fear death... And they should! ...For they are in life."
Author: Roman Payne
25. "Besides Germany, the only countries that don't have speed limits are places like Nepal, where road conditions are so bad that a limit would be beside the point. In other words, it's a little crazy that this is even a topic for debate in Germany."
Author: Sigmar Gabriel
26. "One day, naked and alone in a small room, he began to become aware of what he later called "the last of the human freedoms"—the freedom his Nazi captors could not take away. They could control his entire environment, they could do what they wanted to his body, but Viktor Frankl himself was a self-aware being who could look as an observer at his very involvement. His basic identity was intact. He could decide within himself how all of this was going to affect him. Between what happened to him, or the stimulus, and his response to it, was his freedom or power to choose that response."
Author: Stephen R. Covey
27. "Breughel is an example of an artist - I mean, this is true about artists and painters in general, but he is a specific example of an artist whose work contains more than you think it does at first glance. Whose work rewards, sustains attention and looking."
Author: Teju Cole
28. "I find books in used-book stores, chain and independent stores, on friends' shelves and being read by some woman sitting opposite me on the subway. I find books the way a cow finds a new pasture, by looking to see where the other cows are headed."
Author: Walter Mosley
Quotes About Artists Being Crazy Pictures