Famous Quotes About Aspects Of Personality
Browse 10 famous quotes and sayings about Aspects Of Personality.
Top Quotes About Aspects Of Personality
1. "The old concept of chronological, orderly, symmetrical development of character died when it was discovered that the unconscious motivations are entirely at odds with fabricated conventions. Human beings do not grow in perfect symmetry. They oscillate, expand, contract, backtrack, arrest themselves, retrogress, mobilize, atrophy in part, proceed erratically according to experience and traumas. Some aspects of the personality mature, others do not. Some live in the past, some in the present. Some people are futuristic characters, some are cubistic, some are hard-edged, some geometric, some abstract, some impressionistic, some surrealistic!"
Author: Anaïs Nin
2. "Those who judge must take all aspects of an individual's personality into account."
Author: Azar Nafisi
3. "Well, at heart I knew she'd never be a normal woman. And I didn't want her to be one, because what I loved in her were the indomitable and unpredictable aspects of her personality"
Author: Edith Grossman
4. "Rank asked why the artist so often avoids clinical neurosis when he is so much a candidate for it because of his vivid imagination, his openness to the finest and broadest aspects of experience, his isolation from the cultural world-view that satisfies everyone else. The answer is that he takes in the world, but instead of being oppressed by it he reworks it in his own personality and recreates it in the work of art. The neurotic is precisely the one who cannot create—the "artiste-manque," as Rank so aptly called him. We might say that both the artist and the neurotic bite off more than they can chew, but the artist spews it back out again and chews it over in an objectified way, as an external, active, work project. The neurotic can't marshal this creative response embodied in a specific work, and so he chokes on his introversions. The artist has similar large-scale introversions, but he uses them as material."
Author: Ernest Becker
5. "It is often falsely assumed, even by feminists, that sexuality is the enemy of the female who really wants to develop these aspects of her personality, and this is perhaps the most misleading aspect of movements like the National Organization of Women. It was not the insistence upon her sex that weakened the American woman student's desire to make something of her education, but the insistence upon a passive sexual role"
Author: Germaine Greer
6. "Love is seeing someone for who they are, and for all the things that they don't know they can be. Sometimes it's neither seeing things as good or bad, but seeing them as aspects that create the being. If you cannot love someone for all of the things that create their personality, then you'll find it hard to love them at all. I can be everything or nothing, but I cannot love without you."
Author: Jennifer Megan Varnadore
7. "If you would have peace, genuine peace, you must accept all the aspects of your personality and learn to be comfortable with them."
Author: Morgan Llywelyn
8. "In Harvest of Stars, there is this notion, not original with me of course, that it will become possible to download at least the basic aspects of a human personality into a machine program."
Author: Poul Anderson
9. "Remember, changing someone's hang-ups is an easier task if stays in the realm of sex because the carrot at the end of this trip is—SEX! It's not so easy to change other aspects of a man's personality because the rewards aren't as apparent and you can't exactly screw the stupid out of someone."
Author: Roberto Hogue
10. "Theatre demands different muscles and different aspects of one's personality."
Author: Victor Garber
Quotes About Aspects Of Personality Pictures