Famous Quotes About Assured
Browse 396 famous quotes and sayings about Assured.
Top Quotes About Assured
1. "It's here somewhere," I assured him."Please tell me you haven't lost it already.""We did fall out of the sky, you know," I said indignantly. "It's easy for things to go missing."
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
2. "I guess if you go around with famous people you are assured of some reflected (or deflected) glory."
Author: Ambeth R. Ocampo
3. "Self-composed and self-assured ataraxy is giving ataxia a miss."
Author: Anyaele Sam Chiyson
4. "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Author: Benjamin Franklin
5. "I blush to think of her beholding my work," Verl confessed.So do we," Newel assured him."
Author: Brandon Mull
6. "One of the the loveliest lines I have ever read comes from Brother Roger, the Prior of the Protestant monks of Taize, France: 'Assured of your salvation by the unique grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.' It is still difficult for me to read these words without tears filling my eyes. It is wonderful."
Author: Brennan Manning
7. "His cigarettes helped mark the passage of time, especially on days that seemed all sun and sky...The dependable dwindling of his cigarette supply reassured him that he hadn't been left out here, that eventually he would have to ride into town and things would still be there, that the world hadn't stopped whirling."
Author: Claire Vaye Watkins
8. "Assured her I've never loved anyone except myself and have no intention of starting now,"
Author: David Mitchell
9. "Parallel worlds, right?" Aston nodded. "Our sci-fi writers love 'em." "They still do back home," Ludmilla assured him."
Author: David Weber
10. "Be careful. Be extra careful.""I will. You do the same," she added with a chuckle."I'm a tough old bird," he told her. "Otherwise, I wouldn't still be alive in the first place," he assured her. "You eat properly and take your prenatal vitamins.""Stop mothering me," she muttered.He grinned. "Somebody has to. See you, kid."
Author: Diana Palmer
11. "We shall be judged according to our works – this is why we are exhorted to do good works. The Bible assuredly knows nothing of those qualms about good works, by which we only try to excuse ourselves and justify our evil works. The Bible never draws the antithesis between faith and good works so sharply as to maintain that good works undermine faith. No, it is evil works rather than good works which hinder and destroy faith. Grace and active obedience are complementary. There is no faith without good works, and no good works apart from faith."
Author: Dietrich Bonhoeffer
12. "Little is known about her. We are assured, however, that the same damnable involvements that obsess us obsess her too. Copulation. Strangeness. Applause."
Author: Donald Barthelme
13. "He stands with his hands in his pockets, well-dressed and self-assured, with his life before him and a plush armchair behind him."
Author: Edmund De Waal
14. "If one would praise the Almighty, one must then revel in His works, and take them whole, adore their very grossness, savor the oozing quiddity of that slime of which He seems to be inordinately fond. Love is not nice. God's love assuredly is not; and human love, its copy, must not presume to be so."
Author: Eric Frank Russell
15. "You know, you're a little complicated after all." "Oh no," she assured him hastily. "No, I'm not really - I'm just a - I'm just a whole lot of different simple people."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
16. "James' first concern had been Ralph, who was indeed travelling over the holiday, staying with his dad at his flat in London. Zane assured them that he'd already been to see Ralph, warning him to keep his wand handy and try to never be alone."
Author: G. Norman Lippert
17. "Just rest and soon enough, you'll be home." I assured her as she slowly closed her eyes and the smile on her face faded."
Author: Grace Fiorre
18. "Because it is useless, and I tell them so at once. If you had confessed your fears to me sooner, I would have reassured you. My dear friend, a man in love is not only foolish but dangerous. I cease all intercourse with people who love me or pretend to; firstly, because they bore me, and secondly, because I look upon them with dread, as I would upon a mad dog. I know that your love is only a kind of appetite; while with me it would be a communion of souls. Now, look me in the face—" she no longer smiled. "I will never be your sweetheart; it is therefore useless for you to persist in your efforts. And now that I have explained, shall we be friends?"
Author: Guy De Maupassant
19. "I also hear your president say that war is the means of last resort and I think he means that. I met him last autumn and he assured me that they wanted to come through and disarm Iraq by peaceful means, and that's what we are trying to do as hard as we can."
Author: Hans Blix
20. "Atticus sat looking at the floor for a long time. Finally he raised his head. "Scout," he said, "Mr. Ewell fell on his knife. Can you possibly understand?"Atticus looked like he needed cheering up. I ran to him and hugged him and kissed him with all my might. "Yes sir, I understand," I reassured him. "Mr. Tate was right."Atticus disengaged himself and looked at me. "What do you mean?""Well, it'd be sort of like shootin' a mockingbird, wouldn't it?"Atticus put his face in my hair and rubbed it. When he got up and walked across the porch into the shadows, his youthful step had returned. Before he went inside the house, he stopped in front of Boo Radley. "Thank you for my children, Arthur." he said."
Author: Harper Lee
21. "Mutually assured destruction."
Author: Holly Black
22. "Be assured that I did not become the Mayor of Chicago to preside over its decline."
Author: Jane Byrne
23. "It's okay to be stupid in love," she assured him, patting him like he was a little boy instead of a full-grown man who was a head and a half taller than her. "Once"...."
Author: Jill Shalvis
24. "[On what young husbands should say to their wives:] I have taken you in my arms, and I love you, and I prefer you to my life itself. For the present life is nothing, and my most ardent dream is to spend it with you in such a way that we may be assured of not being separated in the life reserved for us... I place your love above all things, and nothing would be more bitter or painful to me than to be of a different mind than you."
Author: John Chrysostom
25. "Only a few months into our marriage," writes the grandfather, "we started marking off areas in the apartment as 'Nothing Places,' in which one could be assured of complete privacy, we agreed that we never would look at the marked-off zones, that they would be nonexistent territories in the apartment in which one could temporarily cease to exist."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
26. "It may not be impossible, but that our Faculties may be so construed, as always to deceive us in the things we judge most certain and assured."
Author: Joseph Glanvill
27. "Later, her first intense, serious love affair, yes then she'd lost something more tangible, if undefinable: her heart? her independence? her control of, definition of, self? That first true loss, the furious bafflement of it. And never again quite so assured, confident."
Author: Joyce Carol Oates
28. "You should be thankful that dark colors suit you. Not everyone wears black well.""Why, Lady Olivia, is that a compliment?""Not so much as a compliment to you as an insult to everyone else," she assured him."Thanks heaven for that. I don't think I would know how to conduct myself in a world in which you offered compliments."
Author: Julia Quinn
29. "What is the future going to be like, then?' 'Hey, it's gonna be a gas,' Scape assured me. 'If you're into machines and stuff - like I am - you'd go for it. People are gonna have all kinds of shit. Do whatever they want with it. That's why it didn't faze me when ol' Bendray first told me about wanting to blow up the world. Hey - in the Future, everybody will want to!"
Author: K.W. Jeter
30. "For a long time I thought I could deal with my anger and hostility on my own. But I couldn't. I denied that it had affected me, and yet I was so frantic on the inside with other people: I needed to be constantly reassured."
Author: Kelly McGillis
31. "How can I be assured the apple you bring me is Idunn's?Well, it'll be golden, for one thing, and after you take a bite of it you should feel pretty fucking good."
Author: Kevin Hearne
32. "...And every day in heaven will be more beautiful than the one before it Davy," assured Anne."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
33. "Thanking God for His distinct presence in the present & thanking Him for an assured fascinating future."
Author: LaNina King
34. "I shouldn't have lost my temper that way. It just pricks his pride, makes him dig in his heels.""So why did you?" I asked, genuinely curious. It was rare for Nikolai's emotions to get the best of him. "I don't know," he said, shredding the leaf. "You got angry. I got angry. The room was too damn hot.""I don't think that's it.""Indigestion?" he offered."It's because you actually care about what happens to this country," I said. "The throne is just a prize to Vasily, something he wants to squabble over like a favorite toy, You're not like that. You'll make a good king."Nikolai froze. "I…" For once, words seemed to have deserted him. Then a crooked, embarrassed smile crept across his face. It was a far cry from his usual self-assured grin. "Thank you," he said.I sighed as we resumed our pace. "You're going to be insufferable now, aren't you?"Nikolai laughed. "I'm already insufferable."
Author: Leigh Bardugo
35. "You did… that… on purpose," she said, fighting for breath.„Assuredly. You could not think I kissed you by accident."
Author: Loretta Chase
36. "Ah, if I could only feel assured that it was right and not a blind impulse of a weak woman's heart!'" ~Rosamond"
Author: Louisa May Alcott
37. "Yes, it struck her now that this whole business of the bull was like a life; the important birth, the fair chance, the tentative, then assured, then half-dispairing circulations of the ring, an obstacle negotiated - a feat improperly recognized - boredom, resignation, collapse: then another, more convulsive birth, a new start; the circumspect endeavours to obtain one's bearings in a world now frankly hostile, the apparent but deceptive encouragement of one's judges, half of whom were asleep, the swervings into the beginnings of disaster because of that same negligible obstacle one had surely taken before at a stride, the final enmeshment in the toils of enemies one was never quite certain weren't friends more clumsy than actively ill-disposed, followed by disaster, capitulation, disintegration."
Author: Malcolm Lowry
38. "I'm more pompous and self-assured and determined that if - you know - if the truth can be told so as to be understood, it will be believed."
Author: Marcus Brigstocke
39. "The arrogant man probably thought his path to heaven was already assured, and that he acted in accordance to God's will just by breathing."
Author: Maya Banks
40. "Success is assured when a person fears the pain of regret more than the pain of the process."
Author: Orrin Woodward
41. "Memoir is trustworthy and its truth assured when it seeks the relation of self to time, the piecing of the shards of personal experience into the starscape of history's night. The materials of memoir are humble, fugitive, a cottage knitting industry seeking narrative truth across the crevasse of time as autobiography folds itself into the vast, fluid essay that is history. A single voice singing its aria in a corner of the crowded world."
Author: Patricia Hampl
42. "Interesting, Miles thought. Like himself, Father Mark, as a child, had been reassured by the imagined proximity of God, whereas adults, perhaps because they so often were up to no good, took more comfort from His remoteness."
Author: Richard Russo
43. "...he assured me that God didn't make cancer because cancer is not good, and he cautioned me not to blame God for something He didn't make."
Author: Ron Hall
44. "Good day, ladies," he said with a distinctly American accent when all the women were above decks and the hatches closed. With a grin that took some of the edge off his fierce looks, he surveyed the crowd and added, "We've come to rescue you."His words were so unexpected, so completely self-assured that Sara bristled. After all his blatant methods of intimidation, after he'd stood there surveying the women like cattle before the slaughter, he had the audacity to say such a thing!"Is that what they're calling thievery, pillage, and rape these days?" she snapped."
Author: Sabrina Jeffries
45. "The penalty for summoning the dead back to earth is death; if the summoned spirit does not kill its summoner, be assured the Church will."
Author: Stacia Kane
46. "I looked at the fashion model and reassured myself she wasn't dead."
Author: Tara Moss
47. "All around me new love and it makes me sad. All around me feel assured that you'll be back, if I imagine you, body next to another."
Author: Tegan Quin
48. "What is it that a young man wants? Where is the central source of that wild fury that boils up in him, that goads and drives and lashes him, that explodes his energies and strews his purpose to the wind of a thousand instant and chaotic impulses? The older and assured people of the world, who have learned to work without waste and error, think they know the reason for the chaos and confusion of a young man's life. They have learned the thing at hand, and learned to follow their single way through all the million shifting hues and tones and cadences of living, to thread neatly with unperturbed heart their single thread through that huge labyrinth of shifting forms and intersecting energies that make up life—and they say, therefore, that the reason for a young man's confusion, lack of purpose, and erratic living is because he has not "found himself."
Author: Thomas Wolfe
49. "Duty performed gives clearness and firmness to faith, and faith thus strengthened through duty becomes the more assured and satisfying to the soul."
Author: Tryon Edwards
50. "They said it was only a ground shark; but I was not wholly reassured. It is as bad to be eaten by a ground shark as by any other."
Author: Winston Churchill
Quotes About Assured Pictures