Famous Quotes About Athletes Pain
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Athletes Pain.
Top Quotes About Athletes Pain
1. "When pain brings you down, don't be silly, don't close your eyes and cry, you just might be in the best position to see the sun shine."
Author: Alanis Morissette
2. "She had so much love to give - she had always felt that - and now there was somebody to whom she could give this love, and that, she knew, was good; for that is what redeems us, that is what makes our pain and sorrow bearable - this giving of love to others, this sharing of the heart."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
3. "Beckett's probably the hardest man there is to love," Blake said. "He does life wrong for all the right reasons."Eve finally met his eyes. He could see the pain in them."Are you going to make sure he's safe? Because if you can't, I have to." Blake stood tall."I'm here," she promised. "If I have to leave, I'll let you know."
Author: Debra Anastasia
4. "They are committing the greatest indignity human beings can inflict on one another: telling people who have suffered excruciating pain and loss that their pain and loss were illusions. (v)"
Author: Elie Wiesel
5. "When people felt pain time and time again, they came to fear that pain above all other things. So they tried to ignore it, to forget it was happening, as a way of bearing it. And pretty soon, they would come to feel like they'd accomplished something just by doing that -- even though nothing had changed."
Author: Fuyumi Ono
6. "You can never get to a person's mind. You cannot know the different deeds and missions of happiness; you can't tell a screm of pleasure from one of pain. Sometimes, we can barely read pain. Neither a barometer nor a guide, pain can mislead us. Even in the body, the laws of chain reactions can be false. This is why people always want a second opinion."
Author: Ibi Kaslik
7. "Trust me, son. The pair of you are going to do this from time to time, and you might as well start to deal with it rationally now. Took me a good fifty years of making shit worse till I figured out a better way to handle arguments. Learn from my mistakes."John's head cranked over, and he started to mouth, I love her so much. I'd die if anything happened to h—When he stopped short, Tohr took a deep breath through the pain in his chest. "I know. Trust me … I know."
Author: J.R. Ward
8. "The lights flickered, the pain went away, and her mother was holding her, singing ‘Sleep sweet sleep'. (The Children of Ankh series) Kim Cormack"
Author: Kim Cormack
9. "But you know we couldn't compare what we do with what the British athletes did at the Olympics. We are very proud to be British and if we have done our bit to promote Britain in a historic year for the country that's brilliant."
Author: Louis Tomlinson
10. "In some ways that fight gave me more respect around the world and helped me be even more popular because so many people felt my pain and saw that I was robbed."
Author: Marvin Hagler
11. "I waited for a long time and there was nothing but the pain of wanting something I couldn't seem to find."
Author: Megan Hart
12. "Notice how many of the Olympic athletes effusively thanked their mothers for their success? "She drove me to my practice at four in the morning," etc. Writing is not figure skating or skiing. Your mother will not make you a writer. My advice to any young person who wants to write is: leave home."
Author: Paul Theroux
13. "Anticipating pain was like enduring it twice. Why not anticipate pleasure instead?"
Author: Robin Hobb
14. "If we could see a graph of how much pain and limitation we cause in our own lives through the lies we tell ourselves, we would immediately eliminate this nasty habit."
Author: Steve Maraboli
15. "No more junk talk, no more lies. No more mornings in the hospital getting bad blood drained out of me. No more doctors trying to analyse what makes me a drug addict. No more futile attempts at trying to control my heroin use. No more defending myself when I know I am practically indefensible. No more police using me as practice. No more ODs, no more losses. No more trying to take an intellectual position on my heroin addiction when it takes more than it gives. No more dope-sick mornings, no more slow suicide, no more pain without end.No more AA. No more NA. No more mind control. No more being a victim, no more looking for reasons in childhood, in God in anything but what exists in HERE. No more admitting I am powerless. Down the dusty Los Angeles sidewalks, down the urine stained London back alleys … there goes the connection fading into the crowd like a 1960's Polaroid."Business…?""Whachoo need…?""Chiva…?"
Author: Tony O'Neill
16. "You cannot let the pain of the past destroy the happiness of the future."
Author: Tracie Peterson
17. "I had pain in both knees my whole career. Not many athletes play pain-free. Mine was just more than normal."
Author: Willie McCovey
Quotes About Athletes Pain Pictures