Famous Quotes About Atma
Browse 249 famous quotes and sayings about Atma.
Top Quotes About Atma
1. "I am a follower of Mahatma Gandhi."
Author: Abdurrahman Wahid
2. "Superman, spider man, batman, all lost their parents in their childhood, they all had to live their lives against the conspiracy of villains, and even after these miseries they don't hesitate to save people or to forgive the villains, that's why they are superheroes."
Author: Abrar Ahmed Chowdhury
3. "Üzerlerine çig damlalari düsmüs gür çiçeklerin boy attigi parki, bahçeyi, saçakli kökleriyle basi göklere eren çam agaçlarini, çavdar tarlasini, gelistirdigi bilimi, gençligini, cesaretini, sevinçlerini, güzelligine doyamadigi yasami yardima çagiracakti... Halinin üzerinde, yüzünün yaninda olusan kan birikintisini görüyor, bagirmak istedigi halde duydugu dermansizlik yüzünden bir sey söyleyemiyor, ama anlatmasi zor, sinirsiz bir mutluluk bütün bedenini dolduruyordu."
Author: Anton Chekhov
4. "In the Golden Age of Batman, I penciled, inked, and lettered my strip by myself."
Author: Bob Kane
5. "Much is written about the Batman because he is publicly exposed in print. Very little is known personally about his creator, because I haven't given out that many interviews."
Author: Bob Kane
6. "For me, Batman is the one that can most clearly be taken seriously. He's not from another planet, or filled with radioactive gunk. I mean, Superman is essentially a god, but Batman is more like Hercules: he's a human being, very flawed, and bridges the divide."
Author: Christopher Nolan
7. "Really, just looking around, you feel a twinge of pity for the poor souls who succeeded in getting past the Pearly Gates. One can't help but picture the lackluster VIP lounge in Heaven, a kind of nonalcoholic ice-cream social starring Harriet Beecher Stowe and Mahatma Gandhi. Hardly anyone's idea of a "with-it" social register."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
8. "What...what are you?" she asked."I'm Batman."
Author: Chuck Wendig
9. "I will say that adapting a character like Da Vinci really wasn't that dissimilar from doing Batman or Superman. Because all three of these guys are really iconic figures, and yes, Da Vinci was historical, but there's clearly been a lot of mythmaking about him, and a lot of things have been attributed to him that may or may not have happened."
Author: David S. Goyer
10. "I don't own an ounce of the work I've ever done on 'Batman,' and I still work on 'Batman.' I love the character, I think it's a lot of fun, and it's kind of fun to be in that ballpark every once in a while, where you're seeing a different crowd."
Author: Frank Miller
11. "I love 'Batman.' I love the Adam West 'Batman.' I love the animated 'Batman.' The character of Batman can encompass any interpretation, which is what makes that character so brilliant and why it's survived so many different media."
Author: Grant Morrison
12. "I think any writer coming on to 'Batman' should at least attempt to do their own definitive version. What it means to them. Whatever they think that symbol or character can say."
Author: Grant Morrison
13. "On Being Asked to Write a Poem Against the War in VietnamWell I have and in factmore than one and I'lltell you this tooI wrote one againstAlgeria that nightmareand another againstKorea and anotheragainst the oneI was inand I don't rememberhow many againstthe threewhen I was a boyAbyssinia Spain and Harlan countyand not one breath was restoredto oneshattered throatmans womans or childsnot one notone but death went on and onnever looking asideexcept now and then like a childwith a furtive half-smileto make sure I was noticing."
Author: Hayden Carruth
14. "As much as everyone says that Superman is good, a lot of other people might say that that's why they find him boring... A lot of Batman fans might say that."
Author: Henry Cavill
15. "There is, so I believe, in the essence of everything, something that we cannot call learning. There is, my friend, only a knowledge-that is everywhere, that is Atman, that is in me and you and in every creature, and I am beginning to believe that this knowledge has no worse enemy than the man of knowledge, than learning."
Author: Hermann Hesse
16. "...to whom else should one pay honor, but to Him, Atman, the Only One? And where was Atman to be found, where did He dwell, where did His eternal heart beat, if not within the Self, in the innermost, in the eternal which each person carried within him."
Author: Hermann Hesse
17. "The reason why I do not know anything about myself, the reason why Siddhartha has remained alien and unknown to myself is due to one thing, to one single thing--I was afraid of myself, I was fleeing from myself. I was seeking Atman, I was seeking Brahman, I was determined to dismember myself and tear away its layers of husk in order to find in its unknown innermost recess the kernel at the heart of those layers, the Atman, life, the divine principle, the ultimate. But in so doing, I was losing myself."
Author: Hermann Hesse
18. "Iyinin de, kötünün de bize islemedigi bir durum söz konusu olabilir. O zaman, boslukta kendi kendine çalarak duygularimizi belirten, sessizlik içinde kaybolup giden ezgiler çikaran bir org sebepsiz yere coskulara tutulur, hiçbir melodi yaratmadan sesler çikarmaya baslar. Yoklugun faydasizligina baskaldiran bir ruhun içine düstügü bir çesit çeliskidir bu, müthis bir çeliski. Bilinmez bir yaradan kan bosanmasi gibi, besinsiz kalmis gücümüzün akip gittigi birtakim yorucu oyunlar."
Author: Honoré De Balzac
19. "Never during its pilgrimage is the human spirit completely adrift and alone. From start to finish its nucleus is the Atman, the god-within... underlying its whirlpool of transient feelings, emotions, and delusions is the self-luminous, abiding point of the transpersonal god. As the sun lights the world even when cloud-covered, "the Immutable is never seen but is the Witness; it is never heard but is the Hearer; it is never thought but is the Thinker; it is never known but is the Knower. There is no other witness but This, no other knower but This." from the Upanishad"
Author: Huston Smith
20. "Word of advice. These have a kick, so don't suck too hard—"Holy hypoxia, Batman."
Author: J.R. Ward
21. "It's the beat generation. It's the begát. It's the beat to keep. It's the beat in the heart. It's being beat and down in the world and like old time low down. And like an ancient civilization, the slave boatman rowing galleys to a beat."
Author: Jack Kerouac
22. "I wasn't dating anyone. I was fornicating with Batman."
Author: Janet Evanovich
23. "Holy Hawt Chemisty, Batman!"
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
24. "I know I might look like a ball of fluff," she said, "but I'm not. Not even close. And the fact that I get up each morning and put a damn smile on my face is the same as... Batman putting on his cape.""I--""I'm not done. It's... protection. It's my shield. It's me waving my middle finger to the world because I choose to be happy. The bottom line, Luke, is that I know what matters and what doesn't."
Author: Jill Shalvis
25. "I have to say, self-servingly, I downloaded my own comics. I downloaded 'Batman: Hush.'"
Author: Jim Lee
26. "I always claimed I became the Batman to fight crime. That was a lie. I did it to overcome the fear."
Author: Jim Starlin
27. "Atriebiba un atmaksa - divi galvenie dzinejspeki gan puišelim, kurš skola tiek apsmiets un velak klust par multimiljonaru, gan bankas aplaupitajam, kuram liekas, ka sabiedriba nodarijusi vinam pari."
Author: Jo Nesbø
28. "You look at me and You askWith fearAnd disbeliefAnd may be just a little bit of aweHow can you love, again?It shows in your eyesYou think only ofThe broken heartThe shattered piecesThe lonely silenceThat comes after.But I say to youI have been broken,I have been shattered,I have been lonely.And none of thatMakes the love not worth it."
Author: Kathleen Hayes
29. "I love doing the voice of Batman because of the quality of the animation. The music is particularly incredible. Another bonus is getting the opportunity to work with some very respected actors who do not usually do voice work."
Author: Kevin Conroy
30. "A sea of people in red crowded around it. I looked atMallory's black hoodie and my gray sweater and realized we'd forgotten to wear the school colors. Oh, well. There was always my hair."
Author: Kim Harrington
31. "Her alanda asil yenilgi unutmaktir, özellikle de sizi neyin gebertmis oldugunu unutmak, insanlarin ne derece hirt olduklarini anlayamadan gebermektir. Bizler, mezarin önüne geldigimizde, bosuna saklabanlik yapmaya kalkismamaliyiz, öte yandan, unutmamaliyiz da, tek sözcügünü bile degistirmeden her seyi anlatmaliyiz, insanlarda gördügümüz ne kadar kokusmusluk varsa, hepsini, sonra da yerimizi siradakine birakip, uslu uslu inmeliyiz deligin içine. Tüm bir yasami doldurmaya yetecek bir ugrastir bu."
Author: Louis Ferdinand Céline
32. "Batman: a force of chaos in my world of perfect order. The dark side of the Soviet dream. Rumored to be a thousand murdered dissidents, they said he was a ghost. A walking dead man. A symbol of rebellion that would never fade as long as the system survived.Anarchy in black."
Author: Mark Millar
33. "Does Batman ever NOT have a plan...?"
Author: Mark Waid
34. "I reject passive consumption. I reject the premise. I will have no passive consumers. Casanova will not stop and explain itself to you. It will not allow you to flip through it while you're dropping a deuce and waiting for Batman to show up."
Author: Matt Fraction
35. "In the world, there are countless Sadhus, Mahatmas, Mahapurushas, Saints, Yogis, and Walis, though the number of genuine ones is very, very limited. I am neither a Mahatma nor a Mahapurush, neither a Sadhu nor a Saint, neither a Yogi nor a Wali. I am the ancient One. The Highest of the High!"
Author: Meher Baba
36. "You don't get heaven or hell. Do you know the only reward you get for being Batman? You get to be Batman."
Author: Neil Gaiman
37. "But the real joy he feels doesn't come in the guise of Bruce the billionaire playboy. It comes as Batman - when he does what he was meant to do. When he follows his purpose."
Author: Paul Asay
38. "Kullandigimiz sözcüklere degisim düsüncesini katmazsak çaresizligimiz sürecek."
Author: Paul Auster
39. "Bazen etrafimizda o kadar esrarli bir hâdise olur ki ince teferuatina kadar bunu sezeriz, fakat hiçbir sey idrak etmeyiz; ruhumuzun içinde ikinci bir ruh her seyi anlar, fakat bize anlatmaz, böyle korkunç isaretlerle bizi muammanin derinliklerine atar ve bogar."
Author: Peyami Safa
40. "They were just bones, bones in a box, but their bones were his bones,and he stood as close to the bones as he could, as though the proximitymight link him up with them and mitigate the isolation born of losing hisfuture and reconnect him with all that had gone. For the next hour and ahalf, those bones were the things that mattered most. They were all thatmattered, despite the impingement of the neglected cemetery's environmentof decay. Once he was with those bones he could not leave them, couldn'tnot talk to them, couldn't but listen to them when they spoke. Between himand those bones there was a great deal going on, far more than nowtranspired between him and those still clad in their flesh."
Author: Philip Roth
41. "Yeah. Floyd is his batman."His what?"Batman, like in the British army, each officer had a batman, a personal servant."You spend too much time reading, Spenser. You know more stuff that don't make you money than anybody I know."
Author: Robert B. Parker
42. "Iste adasim, sana seven bir Çingene'nin hikayesi. Çiçeklerin açtigi mevsimde, senin kollarina yaslanan ve çiçekler kadar güzel kokan bir vücutla uzak su kenarlarinda oturmak ve öpüsmek, yoruluncaya kadar öpüsmek hos seydir... Seni gördügü zaman zalimce basini çeviren magrur bir dilberin kapisi önünde ve ay isigi altinda sabaha kadar dolasmak, bunu candan arkadaslara aglayarak anlatmak, -söz aramizda- gene hos seydir. Fakat sevgili bir vücutta bulunmayan bir seyi kendisinde tasimaya tahammül etmeyerek onu koparip atabilmek, iste adasim, yalniz bu sevmektir."
Author: Sabahattin Ali
43. "One was a book I read by Mahatma Gandhi. In it was a passage where he said that religion, the pursuing of the inner journey, should not be separated from the pursuing of the outer and social journey, because we are not isolated beings."
Author: Satish Kumar
44. "(At the back of the cave, Phoebe placed her hand against one of the stones where a spring release opened an elevator door. Chris gave an over exaggerated gape.)Holy Hand Grenade, Batman, it's a bat cave. (Chris)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "Fine, but answer me this." – Andy‘Dang, when had the kid turned into the Riddler? He should have curtailed all those Batman reruns when Andy was a boy.' – Sundown"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
46. "All three actions like creation, existence and dissolution are running within this human body. A mother says, ‘My child becomes 6 days old'. What does it mean? He approaches 6 days towards death. Everything is predestined for a man's life cycle. A man is born – creation; lives – Existence; and approaches towards death – Dissolution. These three things are running within a man since his birth to death. The esoteric meaning is like this: Visualization of Atma or Soul within the body – creation; seeing universe within the Atma – Existence; to dissolve in infinity – Dissolution."
Author: Sri Jibankrishna Or Diamond
47. "During visualizing God, God-the-Preceptor shows the seer the God or Atma and says twice, ‘This is God, this is God'. He repeats twice because in future the seer may have doubt about it. Then showing God, God-the-Preceptor merges with Atma."
Author: Sri Jibankrishna Or Diamond
48. "Holy broken nose, Batman!"
Author: Veronica Blade
49. "Ah ! Acaba günes batmadan ölecegim dogru mu? Gerçekten mi? Bu ben miyim? Disaridan kulagima gelen bu çigliklar, rihtimda kosusan su sevinçli insan kalabaligi, kislalarinda hazirlanan su jandarmalar, su siyah giysili rahip, su kirmizi elbise giymis adam, bütün bunlarin hepsi benim için hazirlaniyor! Ölecek olan benim için ! Su anda burada duran, yasayan, hareket eden, nefes alip veren, bütün masalara benzeyen bu masanin önünde oturan ve su anda baska bir yerde olabilecek ben; dokunan ben, hisseden ben, burusuk giysili ben!"
Author: Victor Hugo
50. "Bapu Ghandi said, "All religions are true." I just want to love God, " I blurted out, and looked down, red in the face. My embarassment was contagious. No one said anything. It happened that we were not far from the statue of Gandhi on the esplanade. Stick in hand, an impish smile on his lips, a twinkle in his eyes, the Mahatma walked. I fancy that he heard our conversation, but that he paid even greater attention to my heart, Father cleared his throat and said in a half-voice, " I suppose that's what wer're all trying to do - love God."
Author: Yann Martel
Quotes About Atma Pictures