Famous Quotes About Attitude And Personality
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Attitude And Personality.
Top Quotes About Attitude And Personality
1. "The potion drunk by lovers is prepared by no one but themselves. The potion is the sum of one's whole existence. Every word spoken in the past accumulated forms and color in the self. What flows through the veins besides blood is the distillation of every act committed, the sediment of all the visions, wishes, dreams, and experiences. All the past emotions converge to tint the skin and flavor the lips, to regulate the pulse and produce crystals in the eyes.The fascination exerted by one human being over another is not what he emits of his personality at the present instant of encounter but a summation of his entire being which gives off this powerful drug capturing the fancy and attachment.No moment of charm without long roots in the past, no moment of charm is born on bare soil, a careless accident of beauty, but is the sum of great sorrows, growths, and efforts.But love, the great narcotic, was the hothouse in which all the selves burst into their fullest bloom . . ."
Author: Anaïs Nin
2. "I think of the postmodern attitude as that of a man who loves a very cultivated woman and knows that he cannot say to her "I love you madly", because he knows that she knows (and that she knows he knows) that these words have already been written by Barbara Cartland. Still there is a solution. He can say "As Barbara Cartland would put it, I love you madly". At this point, having avoided false innocence, having said clearly it is no longer possible to talk innocently, he will nevertheless say what he wanted to say to the woman: that he loves her in an age of lost innocence."
Author: Barbara Cartland
3. "Your attitude defines your personality. Your personality refines your attitude. Together they make up your character."
Author: Comic Strip Mama
4. "When you're in a competitive environment, always give out the impression that you don't care. It makes people want you more. If you act desperate, it's over. I think a passive attitude is helpful. It comes naturally because I'm lazy."
Author: Diablo Cody
5. "The attitude and capacity of the factory, the old metal table and the new ideas of the wooden furniture quickly and naturally suggested the possibility of metal furniture."
Author: Donald Judd
6. "Our ability to have patience, and our attitude toward others, define who we are at any given time."
Author: Ellen J. Barrier
7. "Animals have a much better attitude to life and death than we do. They know when their time has come. We are the ones that suffer when they pass, but it's a healing kind of grief that enables us to deal with other griefs that are not so easy to grab hold of."
Author: Emmylou Harris
8. "Our whole culture is based on the appetite for buying, on the idea of a mutually favorable exchange. .... For the man an attractive girl - and for the woman an attractive man - are the prizes they are after. 'attractive' usually means a nice package of qualities which are popular and sought after on the personality market. What specifically makes a person attractive depends on the fashion of the time, physically as well as mentally. ... Two persons thus fall in love when they feel they have found the best object available on the market, considering the limitations of their own exchange values."
Author: Erich Fromm
9. "At first glance it seems strange that the attitude of the anti-Semite can be equated with that of the negrophobe. It was my philosophy teacher from the Antilles who reminded me one day: "When you hear someone insulting the Jews pay attention; he is talking about you." And I believed at the time he was universally right, meaning that I was responsible in my body and my soul for the fate reserved for my brother. Since then, I have understood that what he meant quite simply was the anti-Semite is inevitably a negrophobe."
Author: Frantz Fanon
10. "I decided to deflect her attitude by giving a long, Southern answer. I come from people who know how to draw things out. Annoy a Southerner, and we will drain away the moments of your life with our slow, detailed replies until you are nothing but a husk of your former self and that much closer to death."
Author: Maureen Johnson
11. "It still amazes him how they could have been misled by her personality in Year Eleven. It's what depression does to a person, it changes them completely."
Author: Melina Marchetta
12. "Acceptance. We want someone to look at us, and really see us—our physical flaws, our personality quirks, our insecurities. And we want them to be okay with every square inch of who we are. We're always afraid we might be too needy or too much work. We put all these limitations on ourselves and our relationships because we're afraid that we're not really loved. That we're not really accepted. We hide little pieces of ourselves because we think that might be the one thing that finally drives away the person who's supposed to love us."
Author: Michele Bardsley
13. "The names we use to describe personality traits - such as extrovert, high achiever, or paranoid - refer to the specific patterns people have used to structure their attantion. At the same party, the extrovert will seek out and enjoy interactions with others, the high achiever will look for useful business conacts, and the paranoid will be on guard for signs of danger he must avoid. Attention can be invested in innumerable ways, ways that can make life eihther rich or miserable."
Author: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
14. "The attitude that nature is chaotic and that the artist puts order into it is a very absurd point of view, I think. All that we can hope for is to put some order into ourselves."
Author: Willem De Kooning
15. "...could a face have been fashioned to fit the attitude of his consciousness where it lay suspended between life and death that face would have worn a snarl."
Author: William Golding
16. "Don't ever confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude always depends on who you are."
Author: Ziad K. Abdelnour
Quotes About Attitude And Personality Pictures