Famous Quotes About Autograph
Browse 89 famous quotes and sayings about Autograph.
Top Quotes About Autograph
1. "I think any movie star who refuses autographs has a hell of a nerve."
Author: Alan Ladd
2. "We are in the entertaining business, they want to get autographs, they want to take something home, whether it's a signed hat or, you know, program or whatever it might be."
Author: Bernhard Langer
3. "When people visit me at autograph conventions and signings, they always say, 'You just don't know how you scared me!' These people are grown up. They say, 'When I was a kid, I just couldn't sleep at night.' Sometimes they will have babies with them. And they give me their babies, and they take pictures of me holding their baby."
Author: Betsy Palmer
4. "New Rule: You can't bum-rush the president for autographs after he just lectured you for an hour about how you have to grow up. Have some dignity, for Christ's sake. He's your coworker, not Hannah Montana. If you're this crazy about him now, what are you going to do if he turns the country around, ask him to sign your tit?"
Author: Bill Maher
5. "The only time I mind autographs is when I'm out with my family. You're trying to enjoy kids and grandkids and here comes a swarm, and there go your wife and kids. That happens to every celebrity. It's the price you pay."
Author: Billy Williams
6. "'Beverly Hills Cop' opened up a whole world. I got the television show and movies, and I would go sign autographs for one hour and get paid $25,000."
Author: Bronson Pinchot
7. "In Denmark lots of people come up to me for autographs."
Author: Caroline Wozniacki
8. "I had this grand idea that Elvira's kind of the Santa Claus of Halloween - at the malls, you'd have an Elvira there. Girls would dress as Elvira just like guys dress as Santa Claus, and it's not the real thing, but they'll pose for pictures, sign autographs. Of course, I couldn't go around to every mall, so we'd have to get more Elviras."
Author: Cassandra Peterson
9. "It's never a good idea for a celebrity to sign autographs or take pictures if a crowd is gathering."
Author: Chevy Chase
10. "'Twilight' has been a great opportunity, and it's been great fun. Hey, if I'm 50, and someone still wants an autograph for 'Twilight,' OK, cool."
Author: Christian Serratos
11. "If I had the hand strength to sign autographs for everybody in Kansas City, I would... but its just impossible to get to everyone."
Author: Dante Hall
12. "That type of autograph, pictures and apparel thievery was not part of what I grew up with. I loved the artists and their music. I would be thrilled to meet them, but the thought of getting a scribble or stealing an article of clothing never occurred or appealed to me."
Author: Davey Havok
13. "I don't mind autograph hunters when I go down the fish and chip shop. As long as I get my chips."
Author: David Hemmings
14. "My office walls are covered with autographs of famous writers - it's what my children call my 'dead author wall.' I have signatures from Mark Twain, Earnest Hemingway, Jack London, Harriett Beecher Stowe, Pearl Buck, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, Alfred, Lord Tennyson, to name a few."
Author: Debbie Macomber
15. "The idea of sitting in a booth, and having someone pay me to sign autographs, seems so gross to me."
Author: DJ Qualls
16. "I've never turned down an autograph request. I've never not taken a picture with someone."
Author: George Hamilton
17. "No, I don't autograph blank slips, checks, or stickers, and certainly no books without me in them."
Author: Jack L. Chalker
18. "Doing autograph sessions all day is not what I signed up for. But that's just all part of not being famous."
Author: Jarod Kintz
19. "If you even think about asking Harry Potter for an autograph, your day ends right now."
Author: Jasper Fforde
20. "Dad never misses a chance to remind me that whenever we are travelling together, if 100 people mob him for autographs, five approach me."
Author: Jeev Milkha Singh
21. "I get photographers hiding in my bushes. We're way past autographs. We're into being stalked and followed."
Author: Jennifer Lawrence
22. "There was a group of fans who wanted autographs, and several women who managed to write their phone numbers on Wade's hand before he pulled free.Sam sent him an arched brow, but he just shrugged. He got numbers written on him a lot; he'd never figured out how to stop that from happening."
Author: Jill Shalvis
23. "I sign every autograph I can for kids because I remember myself at that age. I think it's ridiculous that some guys won't sign for a kid."
Author: Jim Thome
24. "My buddies and I wrote letters to hundreds of pofessional players, asking for autographed photos. Occasionally one responded, and to get a photo in th email was a reason to strut."
Author: John Grisham
25. "The thing that's caught me off guard is going to dinner and people asking me for autographs or to take a picture. People coming to my house asking for autographs - that's something I really haven't grasped the whole entirety of yet."
Author: Johnny Manziel
26. "I just try to take it as it comes. One autograph at a time."
Author: Kristanna Loken
27. "Out in the world I go! Muggers! Autograph hounds! Junkies! People with real jobs! Maybe an easy lay! United Nation functionaries and diplomats!"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
28. "Kizzy wanted to be a woman who would dive off the prow of a sailboat into the sea, who would fall back in a tangle of sheets, laughing, and who could dance a tango, lazily stroke a leopard with her bare foot, freeze an enemy's blood with her eyes, make promises she couldn't possibly keep, and then shift the world to keep them. She wanted to write memoirs and autograph them at a tiny bookshop in Rome, with a line of admirers snaking down a pink-lit alley. She wanted to make love on a balcony, ruin someone, trade in esoteric knowledge, watch strangers as coolly as a cat. She wanted to be inscrutable, have a drink named after her, a love song written for her, and a handsome adventurer's small airplane, champagne-christened Kizzy, which would vanish one day in a windstorm in Arabia so that she would have to mount a rescue operation involving camels, and wear an indigo veil against the stinging sand, just like the nomads.Kizzy wanted."
Author: Laini Taylor
29. "If she did see, I hoped she' be amazed. Amazed and thankful, because without even asking, she'd received a genuine autograph from a genuine girl from Atlanta. Not just any girl, but a girl who was, frankly, a pretty big deal. A girl who was me."
Author: Lauren Myracle
30. "I've signed autographs as Natalie Portman. I was at a Film Festival party where someone asked if I was her, and I didn't want to embarrass them, so I signed the autograph as her. I hope she doesn't mind."
Author: Liane Balaban
31. "I was with a famous comedian when a young fan walked up and asked for an autograph. The comedian blew him off. I'll never forget the look on the young boy's face. He was devastated."
Author: Louie Anderson
32. "Fame lost its appeal for me when I went into a public restroom and an autograph seeker handed me a pen and paper under the stall door."
Author: Marlo Thomas
33. "Somebody wanted me to autograph her breast and I kindly refused. She was in college. I thought maybe I shouldn't do that."
Author: Matt Czuchry
34. "Hey! Jack the Wanker! Over here! I want your autograph!"
Author: Maureen Johnson
35. "At the hospital, I was asked for my autograph; I'm right-handed and couldn't sign. So I was asked for photos. While hooked up to IV lines."
Author: Michael Phelps
36. "A lost of people recognize me and maybe will ask for an autograph, but it's nothing like if Elvis would've done something like that, 'cause he's so popular, or maybe The Beatles 'cause they stirred up a lot of action."
Author: Mickey Gilley
37. "Elvis walked over and signed a few autographs over the fence. They were screaming. I had never seen this."
Author: Minnie Pearl
38. "I am always late because people stop me for autographs and say hi."
Author: Natalie Du Toit
39. "Dialogue in the works of autobiography is quite naturally viewed with some suspicion. How on earth can the writer remember verbatim conversations that happened fifteen, twenty, fifty years ago? But 'Are you playing, Bob?' is one of only four sentences I have ever uttered to any Arsenal player (for the record the others are 'How's the leg, Bob?' to Bob Wilson, recovering from injury the following season; 'Can I have your autograph, please?' to Charlie George, Pat Rice, Alan Ball and Bertie Mee; and, well, 'How's the leg, Brian?' to Brian Marwood outside the Arsenal club shop when I was old enough to know better) and I can therefore vouch for its absolute authenticity."
Author: Nick Hornby
40. "I get a lot of kids distracted. Sometimes they got to go cover left field, but they're over here talking to me, getting an autograph."
Author: Pedro Martinez
41. "I've had lots of kids come up and ask for my autograph, I've had a grandmother stop me and ask me if I know a good place to buy underwear."
Author: Prince William
42. "Leo took out a pen and autographed the arm of one of the nymphs. "Narcissus is a loser! He's so weak, he can't bench-press a Kleenex. He's so lame, when you look up lame on Wikipedia, it's got a picture of Narcissus—only the picture's so ugly, no one ever checks it out."
Author: Rick Riordan
43. "I'm closer to being happy. I'm doing things that make me happy. In football I loved to practice and I loved to play, but I hated to be in meetings, hated to talk to the media, hated to have cameras in my face, hated to sign autographs. I hated to do all those things."
Author: Ricky Williams
44. "If you see a gaggle of teenagers walking towards you, you tend not to make eye contact, because you know they're going to recognise you. You learn to adapt: 99.999 per cent of people aren't looking to be harmful or unpleasant; they just want something, a photograph or an autograph."
Author: Robert Sheehan
45. "Well, you know, it's fun to sign autographs still for me. I don't sign that many."
Author: Sam Rockwell
46. "The man in 4B wondered if he could have your autograph. He told me his daughter is a huge fan."Fan? What the hell? Dylan lifted himself up and looked over the back of his seat. Since when did covert operators have fans?"
Author: Tara Janzen
47. "Oh yeah people recognize me, but the craziest thing? I mean I've had the normal autographs... but I had to sign a baby's carriage once. I thought that was weird, so yeah, I guess that's the craziest thing."
Author: Terrence J
48. "I like doing the readings and the autographing, but the interviewing gets a little tedious because you get asked the same questions every day and sometimes three or four times a day."
Author: Terry McMillan
49. "Always give an autograph when somebody asks you."
Author: Tommy Lasorda
50. "Your work has been described as touching the soul of the reader. That's the way I felt. Feel. Honestly. You've touched my soul. I'm sorry if I sound like a middle-aged librarian at a book-autographing session."
Author: W.P. Kinsella
Quotes About Autograph Pictures