Famous Quotes About Automatic
Browse 404 famous quotes and sayings about Automatic.
Top Quotes About Automatic
1. "If the entire society was conscious of its duties, nobody would need to fight for their individual rights. Since everybodys's rights would be automatically taken care of through someone else's duties."
Author: Amish Tripathi
2. "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
Author: Ayn Rand
3. "People automatically estimate a mom's IQ at around her children's ages, maybe dividing by the number of kids, rounding up to the nearest pajama size."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
4. "Since we're keeping it primal, you smell good," he observed. "It's called a shower...," I began automatically, then trailed off. My memory snagged, taken aback by a compelling and forceful sense of undue familiarity. "Soap, shampoo, hot water," I added, almost as an afterthought. "Naked. I know the drill," Jev said, something unreadeble passing over his eyes."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. "Humans are more dependent on learning for survival than other species,We have no instincts that automatically find us food and shelter !"
Author: Bruce H. Lipton
6. "As soon as anybody puts anything on film, it automatically has a point of view, and it's somebody else's point of view, and it's impossible for it to be yours."
Author: Crispin Glover
7. "Mr. Mancini had a singular talent for making me uncomfortable. He forced me to consider things I'd rather not think about – the sex of my guitar, for instance. If I honestly wanted to put my hands on a woman, would that automatically mean I could play? Gretchen's teacher never told her to think of her piano as a boy. Neither did Lisa's flute teacher, though in that case the analogy was obvious. On the off chance that sexual desire was all it took, I steered clear of Lisa's instrument, fearing that I might be labeled a prodigy."
Author: David Sedaris
8. "Mi sa che è questo il mio limite: mi mancano le conclusioni, nel senso che ho l'impressione che niente finisca mai veramente. Io vorrei, vorrei davvero che i dispiaceri scaduti, le persone sbagliate, le risposte che non ho dato, i debiti contratti senza bisogno, le piccole meschinità che mi hanno avvelenato il fegato, tutte le cose a cui ancora penso, le storie d'amore soprattutto, sparissero dalla mia testa e non si facessero più vedere, ma sono pieno di strascichi, di fantasmi disoccupati che vengono spesso a trovarmi. Colpa della memoria, che congela e scongela in automatico rallentando la digestione della vita..."
Author: Diego De Silva
9. "When I read obituaries I always note the age of the deceased. Automatically I relate this figure to my own age. Four years to go, I think. Nine more years. Two years and I'm dead. The power of numbers is never more evident than when we use them to speculate on the time of our dying."
Author: Don DeLillo
10. "Determine to become one of the best. Sufficient money will almost automatically follow if you get to be one of the 'best' in your chosen field, whatever it is."
Author: Donald G. Mitchell
11. "I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and opposite view. My view is that the moon is made of rock. If someone says to me "Well, you haven't been there, have you? You haven't seen it for yourself, so my view that it is made of Norwegian Beaver Cheese is equally valid" - then I can't even be bothered to argue. There is such a thing as the burden of proof, and in the case of god, as in the case of the composition of the moon, this has shifted radically. God used to be the best explanation we'd got, and we've now got vastly better ones. God is no longer an explanation of anything, but has instead become something that would itself need an insurmountable amount of explaining. So I don't think that being convinced that there is no god is as irrational or arrogant a point of view as belief that there is. I don't think the matter calls for even-handedness at all."
Author: Douglas Adams
12. "How do you know if your inner voice or sense of guidance is your deeper-self speaking its wisdom, your unconscious childhood programming, or the voice of your Aunt Matilda? Discerning the difference between an automatic response stemming from family beliefs, childhood distortions, or culture, and guidance from our connection with our higher/deeper self, makes life, success, and relationships so much easier."
Author: Dr. Jennifer Howard Your Ultimate Life Plan
13. "I even tried to usher her into this century by explaining that wearing rainbows didn't automatically mean a person was gay. The Lucky Charms leprechaun was not necessarily a homosexual. The Care Bear with the rainbow on his tummy did not have a life partner. He didn't even have genitals. (6)"
Author: Elna Baker
14. "Luxury as beauty" has nothing to do with a particular place or an object's price tag. It is seeing with eyes for beauty. Once we cut the automatic but learned connection between buying stuff and pleasure, we can actively cultivate new connections - a sense of freedom as we shed draining habits and discover new pleasures in seeing and creating beauty all around us."
Author: Frances Moore Lappé
15. "The automatic stabilizer is unemployment insurance, food stamps, additional coverage of Medicaid."
Author: Franklin Raines
16. "Let me tell you-no, let me quietly explain to you: the percentage of this school is no higher than that at your present school; the only difference is that this group TRIES harder, therefore it achieves more. You, as most mortals in this world do, fall into a middle or average category with respect to brains, abilities or what have you - and that is not the worst place to be, believe me. However when you join a school or group of this caliber, your work patterns and efforts automatically move up in such a way that you hardly notice because YOU ARE GOING ALONG WITH THE TIDE - one that is NOT going out."
Author: G. Kingsley Ward
17. "An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a definite proposition... A contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." No, it's not..."
Author: Graham Chapman
18. "Remember, your wishes are on the ways God created. If you miss the way, you are automatically missing that great treasure! Be on the way of the Lord and your wishes will meet you at a chosen junction!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
19. "My message will be very clear; it is that I think we have to continue to read novels. Because I think that the novel is a very good means to question the current world without having an answer that is too schematic, too automatic. The novelist, he's not a philosopher, not a technician of spoken language. He's someone who writes, above all, and through the novel asks questions."
Author: J.M.G. Le Clézio
20. "I think that when people look at me, and they look at my height and my voice and my coloring, they automatically think, 'Tough.'"
Author: Jaimie Alexander
21. "I've not been a prolific poet, and it always seemed to me to be a bad idea to feel that you had to produce in order to get... credits. Production of a collection of poems every three years or every five years, or whatever, looks good, on paper. But it might not be good; it might be writing on a kind of automatic pilot."
Author: James Fenton
22. "I think it was the fact that I liked it so much that made the writing just come out of me automatically."
Author: James Herriot
23. "...The men eyed her with the automatic mix of curiosity, lust, and aesthetic judgment they always gave young women, subject to object, the way you'd stare at an animal. She pretended not to notice. To remind them she was a person was too much effort. Objects bore no guilt."
Author: Janet Fitch
24. "Why couldn't I find one action that would make the need to binge automatically disappear? Because there is no magic action to make that horrible prebinge feeling go away. The cool thing is that we are designed so that the feeling will pass through us on its own—in time. All we have to do is sit there and feel what is going on inside of us. We must experience the feelings. To help us deal with the feelings, we can call someone on our support team. We can also express the feelings by focusing on our breath or even hitting a pillow. The important thing to remember is that no matter how terrible, feelings do pass. It takes patience and trust—not food . . ."
Author: Jenni Schaefer
25. "Looks like my superpowers don't come with automatic manicures, thank heaven. I hate long nails."
Author: Jennifer Silverwood
26. "At paces that might stun and dismay the religious jogger, the runners easily kept up all manner of chatter and horseplay. When they occasionally blew by a huffing fatty or an aging road runner, they automatically toned down the banter to avoid overwhelming, to preclude the appearance of show boating (not that they slowed in the slightest). They in fact respected these distant cousins of the spirit, who, among all people, had some modicum of insight into their own days and ways. But the runners resembled them only in the sense that a puma resembles a pussy cat. It is the difference between stretching lazily on the carpet and prowling the jungle for fresh red meat."
Author: John L. Parker Jr.
27. "I had written movie scores, television series, played with other people. Carl had done the same with Asia, with other bands, everything. We weren't about to entrust Greg automatically with a production credit."
Author: Keith Emerson
28. "Did you know that Gideon and I were trained in Krav Maga?" Charlotte took another step closer to me, and I automatically took one back."No, but did /you/ know that at this moment you look like that crazy rodent in Ice Age?"
Author: Kerstin Gier
29. "Aw, no. You're taking us to that vegetarian place,aren't you?It's a coffee place. You can't just automatically classify anything that isn't a steak house as vegetarian.Yes, I can. This is America. You said Americans assert their own opinions as if they were facts and dismiss inconvenient facts as mere opinions."
Author: Kevin Hearne
30. "I start to wonder if I'm being creepy. I mean, I am creeping. Does creep-ing automatically make one creep-y? Or are there dispensations for…romance? I bet all stalkers believe they're being romantic. I did it for love, officer."
Author: Laini Taylor
31. "Every moment of our lives we make choices. Most we don't even know we're making, they're so dull or routine or automatic. Some are beyond explanation—like my mom choosing Wyatt's memory over Dad and me."
Author: Laura Anderson Kurk
32. "I'm afraid I am a bit of a technophobe - a nineteenth-century man caught in the twenty-first century. But there is one piece of technology that I would especially welcome: a device to automatically balance restaurant tables on all four legs so that they don't rock back and forth."
Author: Leonard Susskind
33. "No," I said. "I can't remember doing this.""Oh," Rena made and gestured dramatically. "You don't remember it. And that automatically means you didn't do it?"
Author: Lili Frings
34. "[Research] suggests that what we think of as free will is largely an illusion: much of the time, we are simply operating on automatic pilot, and the way we think and act – and how well we think and act on the spur of the moment – are a lot more susceptible to outside influences than we realize."
Author: Malcolm Gladwell
35. "Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals."
Author: Martin Luther King Jr.
36. "She's in the Catskill," Shopie began, but Scathach reached over and pinched her hand. "Ouch!"I just wanted to distract you," Scathach explained. "Don't even think about Black Annis. There are some names that should never be spoken aloud."That like saying don't think of elephants, Josh said, "and then all you can think about is elephants."Then let me give you something else to think about," Scathach said softly. "There are two police officers in the window staring at us. Don't look," she added urgently.Too late. Josh turned to look and whatever crossed his face--shock, horror, guilt or fear--bought both officers racing into the cafe, one pulling his automatic from its holster, the other speaking urgently into his radio as he drew his baton."
Author: Michael Scott
37. "All novels . . . are concerned with the enigma of the self. As soon as you create an imaginary being, a character, you are automatically confronted by the question: what is the self? How can it be grasped?"
Author: Milan Kundera
38. "For, according to the teachings of Islam, moral knowledge automatically forces moral responsibility upon man. A mere Platonic discernment between Right and Wrong, without the urge to promote Right and to destroy Wrong, is a gross immorality in itself, for morality lives and dies with the human endeavour to establish its victory upon earth."
Author: Muhammad Asad
39. "Whenever we have excess, giving should be our natural response. It should be the automatic decision, the obvious thing to do in light of Scripture and human need."
Author: Randy Alcorn
40. "I love when the sun plays hide-n-seek for a few days because its invisibility often goes unnoticed. The world seems content that its presence behind the clouds is enough. But as soon as that brilliant sun jumps into the open sky once again, shining in full splendor, our closed eyes automatically turn toward it, and we bask beneath a warm and tender touch, grateful all the more that our glorious sun exists."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
41. "Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."
Author: Robert A. Heinlein
42. "That was the deal with the really good-looking boys: they automatically assumed you were pining and panting for them and wouldn't be satisfied until you'd had their babies, no matter how ugly their personalities might be."
Author: Sarra Manning
43. "Guys, gals, now hear this: No one wants to take away your hunting rifles. No one wants to take away your shotguns. No one wants to take away your revolvers, and no one wants to take away your automatic pistols, as long as said pistols hold no more than ten rounds. If you can't kill a home invader (or your wife, up in the middle of the night to get a snack from the fridge) with ten shots, you need to go back to the local shooting range."
Author: Stephen King
44. "Pension reforms, like investment advice and automatic enrollment, will strengthen the ability of Americans to save and invest for retirement."
Author: Steve Bartlett
45. "Winning had become kind of automatic, but I realized in 2008 that at any moment that could be taken away from me."
Author: Steven Lopez
46. "So that's your sister?" asks Dee in a quiet voice."Yeah.""The one you risked your life for?""Yeah."The twins nod politely in that automatic way that people do when they don't want to say something insulting."Your family any better?" I ask.Dee and Dum look at each other, assessing."Nah," says Dee."Not really," says Dum at the same time."
Author: Susan Ee
47. "I just mean, sometimes two people do something unexpected and then by that simple act alone, it just seems they automatically assume it's now something more, or they feel obligated to make it more than it is. I'm probably not making sense, I just want to say, if something more is going to be between us, I'd like it if both of us are in agreement."
Author: Thomas Amo
48. "Our thinking will automatically improve when we remember the words of Paul: 'know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and the spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
Author: Thomas S. Monson
49. "The reasons why institutions fail and societies change are complex, and simplistic explanations should evoke automatic suspicion. Sometimes external causes - droughts, plagues or foreign invasions - can unsettle a nation, or its leadership may prove inadequate because of personal factors. In every case, a society faces problems, and is solutions or lack of response set a course for the future."
Author: Thomas W. Africa
50. "1 Minute Wisdom: Rethink Your Mindset because how you view, filter, interpret and automatically give meaning your experiences; is what you'll believe them to be."
Author: Tony Dovale
Quotes About Automatic Pictures