Famous Quotes About Availability
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Availability.
Top Quotes About Availability
1. "Freedom has become a commodity whose availability, paradoxically, keeps society in check. The threat of its loss seems to enable us to tolerate its imposition."
Author: Andrzej Stasiuk
2. "While we're at it, why don't we add a third emotion to this list: lust. You are probably unaware that Linnaeus lumped the tomato into the same genus as the potato, a food with a reputation for its widespread availability and easy satisfaction of oral needs."
Author: Benson Bruno
3. "Agape is an obedient response of availability to God, not a feeling. But, although it is not a feeling, its ultimate end is a feeling."
Author: Beth Moore
4. "The Internet has exceeded our collective expectations as a revolutionary spring of information, news, and ideas. It is essential that we keep that spring flowing. We must not thwart the Internet's availability by taxing access to it."
Author: Chris Cannon
5. "Every day one reads meretricious babble about 'globalization' and the abolition of frontiers, most of it amounting to little more than celebration of the worldwide availability of Wheel of Fortune."
Author: Christopher Hitchens
6. "U.S. economic prosperity is closely tied to the availability of a reliable and affordable supply of energy."
Author: Cliff Stearns
7. "For example, students of policy have noted that the availability heuristic helps explain why some issues are highly salient in the public's mind while others are neglected. People tend to assess the relative importance of issues by the ease with which they are retrieved from memory—and this is largely determined by the extent of coverage in the media"
Author: Daniel Kahneman
8. "If someone you know gets sick from taking a flu shot, you will be less likely to get one even if it is statistically safe. In fact, if you see a story on the news about someone dying from the flu shot, that one isolated case could me enough to keep you away from the vaccine forever. On the other hand, if you hear a news story about how eating sausage leads to anal cancer, you will be skeptical, because it has never happened to anyone you know, and sausage, after all, is delicious. The tendency to react more rapidly and to a greater degree when considering information you are familiar with is called the availability heuristic."
Author: David McRaney
9. "If there is any sense of order to the universe, acting is what I am meant to do. I'm not manufactured. I know acting isn't real, that it's temporary. If there is any theme to the roles I play, it is emotional vulnerability and availability."
Author: DJ Qualls
10. "He looked so—what was it that gave him his irresistible charm? He looked so accessible. That was it. A great simple truth struck me with surprise: charm is availability."
Author: Elaine Dundy
11. "He said, 'They're only whores,' as though their very availability rendered them worthless."
Author: Ellen Kushner
12. "There must be a certain look of availability in the women I photograph. I think the woman who gives the appearance of being available is sexually much more exciting than a woman who's completely distant. This sense of availability I find erotic."
Author: Helmut Newton
13. "While forgiveness is an important part of the gospel, the good news goes beyond that. It amounts to the claim that the kingdom of God—the direct availability of God himself and His rule—is now available to anyone who will enter it through trust in Jesus."
Author: J.P. Moreland
14. "A dramatic decrease in oil availability is not at all far-fetched."
Author: Jane McGonigal
15. "Thanks to this availability of suitable wild mammals and plants, early peoples of the Fertile Crescent could quickly assemble a potent and balanced biological package for intensive food production. That package comprised three cereals, as the main carbohydrate sources; four pulses, with 20—25 percent protein, and four domestic animals, as the main protein sources, supplemented by the generous protein content of wheat; and flax as a source of fiber and oil (termed linseed oil: flax seeds are about 40 percent oil). Eventually, thousands of years after the beginnings of animal domestication and food production, the animals also began to be used for milk, wool, plowing, and transport. Thus, the crops and animals of the Fertile Crescent's first farmers came to meet humanity's basic economic needs: carbohydrate, protein, fat, clothing, traction, and transport."
Author: Jared Diamond
16. "The availability of private insurance provides tremendous insulation for millions of individuals."
Author: Lawrence Summers
17. "We had an interesting thing at that first dinner. It was prior to the availability of several new hotels in Los Angeles, and we were more or less committed to the old Ambassador Hotel that has the famous Coconut Grove."
Author: Lew Wasserman
18. "Guns are evil! And very little good comes from the availability of a bullet designed to kill human beings!"
Author: Mackenzie Astin
19. "Beauty, extreme yet ambiguously available; this very roughly, was what Nicola's entrance to the Black Cross had said to Keith. But he didn't know the nature -- he didn't know the brand -- of the availability."
Author: Martin Amis
20. "God does not ask your abilityOr your inability.He asks only your availability."
Author: Mary Kay Ash
21. "Sometimes I even felt like he dated me as part of his plan, like they were going to have a checklist on the application, and one of the things to tick off was going to be, "Do you have a reasonably intelligent girlfriend who shares your aspirations, and who is fully prepared to accept your limited availability?"
Author: Maureen Johnson
22. "French women eat and serve what's in season, for maximum flavor and value, and know availability does not equal quality."
Author: Mireille Guiliano
23. "God does not begin by asking our ability, but more of our availability. When we prove our dependability, He will in crease our capability."
Author: Neal A. Maxwell
24. "An economy built on slave labor is vulnerable in two ways. One, availability of forced labor discourages technical innovation. The very wealthy [Roman]empire experienced no industrial revolutions. Two -- even more crucial -- slaves do not reproduce their own numbers. As Rome's wars of conquest ended, the slave population began to shrink, leading to a shortage of agricultural laborers by 200 A.D."
Author: Norman F. Cantor
25. "It is very desirable to have a word to express the Availability for work of the heat in a given magazine; a term for that possession, the waste of which is called Dissipation. Unfortunately the excellent word Entropy, which Clausius has introduced in this connexion, is applied by him to the negative of the idea we most naturally wish to express. It would only confuse the student if we were to endeavour to invent another term for our purpose. But the necessity for some such term will be obvious from the beautiful examples which follow. And we take the liberty of using the term Entropy in this altered sense ... The entropy of the universe tends continually to zero."
Author: Peter Guthrie Tait
26. "Of what is lost, irretrievably lost, all I wish to recover is the daily availability of my writing, lines capable of grasping me by the hair and lifting me up when I'm at the end of my strength. (Significant, said the foreigner.) Odes to the human and the divine. Let my writing be like the verses of by Leopardi that Daniel Biga recited on a Nordic bridge to gird himself with courage."
Author: Roberto Bolaño
27. "A bitch is more selective about her availability. She's availablesometimes; other times she's not. But she's nice."
Author: Sherry Argov
28. "After 9/11, the businesses in my district and throughout the New York metropolitan area saw firsthand the result of a lack of availability of terrorism insurance."
Author: Steve Israel
29. "It's traumatic to meditate on the availability of information through the Internet, or the way we perceive the world as a result. People don't experience things totally or viscerally anymore. It's all through representation, be it a record on YouTube or a post on a blog."
Author: Sufjan Stevens
Quotes About Availability Pictures