Famous Quotes About Avoiding Pain
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Avoiding Pain.
Top Quotes About Avoiding Pain
1. "Avoiding our pain is needlessly exhausting. Pain can not be killed. When we attempt to bury our pain, it rises up from the grave of our emotions, haunting us, until we acknowledge its presence. We can heal our pain when we allow it to move through us."
Author: Jaeda DeWalt
2. "I had been simply treating water, settling on surviving and avoiding pain rather than being actively involved in seeking out life."
Author: Kay Redfield Jamison
3. "What I'd truly been avoiding was love, the strongest binding there is, and the pain that scrapes at your insides when the bond is forcefully broken."
Author: Kevin Hearne
4. "At the approach of danger there are always two voices that speak with equal force in the heart of man: one very reasonably tells the man to consider the nature of the danger and the means of avoiding it; the other even more reasonable says that it is too painful and harassing to think of the danger, since it is not a man's power to provide for everything and escape from the general march of events; and that it is therefore better to turn aside from the painful subject till it has come, and to think of what is pleasant. In solitude a man generally yields to the first voice; in society to the second."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
5. "The greatest satisfaction comes not from chasing pleasure and avoiding pain, but from the radical acceptance of life as it is, without fighting and clinging to passing desires."
Author: Noah Levine
6. "Pain in this life is not avoidable, but the pain we create avoiding pain is avoidable."
Author: R.D. Laing
7. "Those who don't love themselves as they are rarely love life as it is either. Most people have come to prefer certain of life's experiences and deny and reject others, unaware of the value of the hidden things that may come wrapped in plain or even ugly paper. In avoiding all pain and seeking comfort at all cost, we may be left without intimacy or compassion; in rejecting change and risk we often cheat ourselves of the quest; in denying our suffering we may never know our strength or our greatness. Or even that the love we have been given can be trusted. It is natural, even instinctive to prefer comfort to pain, the familiar to the unknown. But sometimes our instincts are not wise. Life usually offers us far more than our biases and preferences will allow us to have. Beyond comfort lie grace, mystery, and adventure. We may need to let go of our beliefs and ideas about life in order to have life."
Author: Rachel Naomi Remen
8. "Just … isn't giving up allowed sometimes? Isn't it okay to say, ‘This really hurts, so I'm going to stop trying'?""It sets a dangerous precedent.""For avoiding pain?""For avoiding life."
Author: Rainbow Rowell
9. "The British system denied any role for human creativity, and instead argued, that if man merely followed his hedonistic desires, pursuing pleasure and avoiding pain, objective laws would naturally guide society to achieve the best allocation of wealth."
Author: Robert Trout
10. "I've spent so much time avoiding arguments and smoothing relationships with the people around me, this confrontation is painful."
Author: Simone Elkeles
11. "Good health is about being able to fully enjoy the time we do have. It is about being as functional as possible throughout our entire lives and avoiding crippling, painful and lengthy battles with disease. There are many better ways to die, and to live."
Author: T. Colin Campbell
12. "The art of avoiding extremes is an art that is drawn on the canvas of maturity and painted with the abstract strokes of many experiences."
Author: T.D. Jakes
Quotes About Avoiding Pain Pictures