Famous Quotes About Bad Family Relationships
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Bad Family Relationships.
Top Quotes About Bad Family Relationships
1. "To seek a quarrel with a man is a bad method of pleasing the woman who loves that man."
Author: Alexandre Dumas
2. "Deliver me from writers who say the way they live doesn't matter. I'm not sure a bad person can write a good book. If art doesn't make us better, then what on earth is it for."
Author: Alice Walker
3. "It's not that we had no heart or eyes for pain. We were all afraid. We all had our miseries. But to despair was to wish for something already lost. Or to prolong what was already unbearable...What was worse, to sit and wait for our own deaths with proper somber faces? Or to choose our own happiness?"So we decided to hold parties and pretend each week had become the new year. Each week we could forget past wrongs done to us. We weren't allowed to think a bad thought. We feasted, we laughed, we played games, lost and won, we told the best stories. And each week we could hope to be lucky. That hope was our only joy. And that's how we came to call our little parties Joy Luck."
Author: Amy Tan
4. "Having good intentions isn't enough when actions fail; you also need some bad intentions so that you look competent."
5. "My mom started an air-freight company; my grandmother built a golf course. I have a certain degree of entrepreneurial risk-taking in my family history. Maybe that eventually rubbed off on me a little bit."
Author: Brian Acton
6. "Nita stood there horrified. "You just killed him!""No," the Lone One said, "you did. Not a bad start, but then you were intent enough on killing something." All around Nita, the snarling of the viruses was getting louder and louder. "Anyway, don't be too concerned about Pralaya; I'll find another of his people to replace him if there's need. Now, though, matters stand as I told you they stood. All we need is your conscious answer to the question. Can we do business?" Nita stood there, frozen. And another voice spoke out of the darkness. "Fairest and Fallen," Kit said, "one more time…greeting and defiance."
Author: Diane Duane
7. "Is Billy Idol just doing a bad Elvis pout, or was he born that way?"
Author: Freddie Mercury
8. "Women should stop going for the bad guys, stop looking so far when the good ones are right there."
Author: Jennifer Aniston
9. "Why do humans never do as they're told? Someone should replace you all with robots. No, on second though, they shouldn't, bad idea."
Author: Jonathan Morris
10. "It wouldn't matter if he was a bad boy , if you got rid of your bad habit. Be encouraged"
Author: Kerry E. Wagner
11. "It constantly amazes me that defenders of the free market are expected to offer certainty and perfection while government has only to make promises and express good intentions. Many times, for instance, I've heard people say, "A free market in education is a bad idea because some child somewhere might fall through the cracks," even though in today's government school, millions of children are falling through the cracks every day."
Author: Lawrence W. Reed
12. "It's the most annoying question and they just can't help asking you. You'll be asked it at family gatherings, weddings, and on first dates. And you'll ask yourself far too often. It's the question that has no good answer. It's the question that when people stop asking it, you'll feel even worse. - WHY ARE YOU SINGLE?"
Author: Liz Tuccillo
13. "He was a bad thing waiting for a worse thing to happen."
Author: Louise Erdrich
14. "I kept thinking back to all those nights in Connecticut, when I was out the door as soon as dinner was over, yelling my plans behind me as I headed to my car, ready for my real night to begin—my time with my family just something to get through as quickly as possible. And now that I knew that the time we had together was limited, I was holding on to it, trying to stretch it out, all the while wishing I'd appreciated what I'd had earlier."
Author: Morgan Matson
15. "In my own spiritual journey, I became a swami on the Hindu path of Bhakti. In the Hindu tradition, a swami is a monk who forgoes regular family life for the purpose of making the whole world his family and channels his full energy into spiritual practice, devotion to God and service to humanity."
Author: Radhanath Swami
16. "Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof."
Author: Richard Bach
17. "I don't know any of us who are in relationships that are totally honest - it doesn't exist."
Author: Richard Gere
18. "College on for sure... I'm scared to say it cause it sounds like a family movie, but if my kid was 7, 8, 9 I would take her to this quickly and gladly!"
Author: Rob Morrow
19. "A world without corruption would be a strange world indeed - and a damned bad world for lawyers, let me say."
Author: Robertson Davies
20. "My family is heavily involved in the Marines and close-combat training, and I was raised doing Japanese sword training, so I've always been of the mentality that you have to be able to defend yourself."
Author: Samaire Armstrong
21. "You may scold your carpenter, when he has made a bad table, though you can't make a table yourself.' I say to you - 'Mr. Finch, you may point out a defect in a baby's petticoats, though you haven't got a baby yourself!' Doesn't that satisfy you? All right! Take another illustration. Look at your room here. I can see in the twinkling of an eye, that it's badly lit. You have only got one window - you ought to have two. Is it necessary to be a practical builder to discover that? Absurd! Are you satisfied now? No! Take another illustration. What's this printed paper, here, on the chimney-piece? Assessed Taxes. Ha! Assessed Taxes will do. You're not in the House of Commons; you're not a Chancellor of the Exchequer - but haven't you an opinion of your own about taxation, in spite of that? Must you and I be in Parliament before we can presume to see that the feeble old British Constitution is at its last gasp?"
Author: Wilkie Collins
Quotes About Bad Family Relationships Pictures