Famous Quotes About Bali
Browse 391 famous quotes and sayings about Bali.
Top Quotes About Bali
1. "I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars."
Author: Abbie Hoffman
2. "Sebentuk roh telah berangkat, kembali ke tempat asal-muasalnya. Hidup telah berjabat tangan dengan mati, lenyaplah sudah diri dan kelakuan karena semua telah larut dalam keberatan semesta."
Author: Ahmad Tohari
3. "This is not bad, but the pace of globalisation has surpassed the capacity of the system to adjust to new realities of a more interdependent and integrated world."
Author: Anna Lindh
4. "Of all the ways I had imagined my death, getting beaten by my zombified mentor while trapped by a cannibalistic window handle wasn't one of them"
Author: Anton Strout
5. "I probably won't play a song the same way tomorrow as I play it today. Only a pitchman says the same thing the same way twice, without varying a word. If music is a language, why don't people use it with the same subtlety, nuance, and facility as they do the spoken language? Probably because they don't verbalize with the same vocabulary and tone they once did. It has been said that a people's character is reflected in their music. Our culture is a perfect example. If people here walk around using one-syllable words with no color, no variety, no shading, how can we expect our musical language to be any different? It's like the emperor's new clothes – sure they can sit and make wild noises on their synthesizers and call it music – who questions? But ask them to pull up a chair and play ‘Gal in Calico' or Temptation,' or even a straight dramatic version of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner' and they can't do it. They're too pretentious. They can't just play songs."
Author: Anton Szandor LaVey
6. "Greed and globalization aren't just America's fault."
Author: Arlo Guthrie
7. "Tahiti has been spoiled for many years, but Bali is one of the few cultures with origins in one of the great ancient cultures which is still alive."
Author: Arthur Erickson
8. "This is said to civilized men who are to venture into countries where sacred cows are fed, while children are left to starve - where female infants are killed or abandoned by the roadside- where men go blind, medical help being forbidden by their religion - where women are mutilated, to insure their fidelity - where unspeakable tortures are ceremonially inflicted on prisoners - where cannibalism is practiced.Are these the ‘cultural riches' which a Western man is to greet with ‘brotherly love'? Are these the ‘valuable elements' which he is to admire and adopt? Are these the ‘fields' in which he is not to regard himself as superior? And when he discovers entire populations rotting alive in such conditions, is he not to acknowledge, with a burning stab of pride - of pride and gratitude - the achievements of his nation and his culture, of the men who created them and left him a nobler heritage to carry forward?"
Author: Ayn Rand
9. "No, Lucius is harmless,' I fibbed. If you don't count the fact that he thinks he's a warrior prince representing a semi-cannibalistic race of undead bat people."
Author: Beth Fantaskey
10. "There is no "universal moral urge" and not all ethical systems agree. Polygamy, human sacrifice, infanticide, cannibalism (Eucharist), wife beating, self-mutilation, foot binding, preemptive war, torture of prisoners, circumcision, female genital mutilation, racism, sexism, punitive amputation, castration and incest are perfectly "moral" in certain cultures. Is god confused?"
Author: Dan Barker
11. "We are cannibalizing our audience by only giving them regurgitated material. Every movie is either a remake, a sequel, based on something else. Based on a former television series. Based on a successful videogame."
Author: Dean Devlin
12. "Entah apa yang membuat hubungan mereka lebih mirip musim mangga. Membeludak dalam satu waktu, lalu hilang kembali berbulan-bulan. Seperti ada tombol yang bisa dengan cepat mengubah mereka dari sepasang kekasih menjadi sahabat biasa."
13. "But I often think we talk way too much in this society, that we consider verbalization a panacea that it very often is not, and that we turn a blind eye to the sort of morbid self-absorption that becomes a predictable by-product of it."
Author: Dennis Lehane
14. "Kita mengira org yg acak-acakan gila di jalan itu tdk waras,&sebaliknya sebenernya dia yg dikira gila justru mikir kita yg tdk waras"
Author: Dian Nafi
15. "Ang mga sagot ngayo'y baon-baon mo na sa kung saan ka man papunta. Sa paglisan mo ngayon, hindi ka na talaga babalik. Babalik ka man sa aking isip, nakaapak pa rin ako sa lupa kung saan bawat buhos ng ulan ay magsisimula akong mangarap muli. Ako na lang, mag-isa."
Author: Don Vittorio C. Villasin
16. "Mtu yoyote anayedanganya ni Shetani, kwani Shetani ni baba wa uongo. Tusikubali kudanganywa ovyo, hasa watoto wetu, katika kipindi hiki cha utandawazi na teknolojia."
Author: Enock Maregesi
17. "Ukifanya maamuzi kubaliana na matatizo yake."
Author: Enock Maregesi
18. "Gerisik angan dan deru lembut laju harapan.Waktu itu adalah menit-menit akhir menjelang malam di Bukit Angin. Daun-daun berwarna-warni dalam berbagai wujud melayang ke langit dan berkumpul mengelilingi puncak pusaran angin. Di sana, di balik awan, beradalah studio Sang Pelukis."
Author: Fredrik Nael
19. "The structures in Europe in a globalising economy need to be modernised, need to be more integrated, need to be stronger."
Author: George Papandreou
20. "A kiss is the beginning of cannibalism."
Author: Georges Bataille
21. "We must take care that globalization does not become something people become afraid of."
Author: Gerhard Schroder
22. "Ia kembali teringat nasihat kiai Lukman saat masih di pesantren dulu, "Eling-Elingo yo Ngger, endahe wanojo iku sing dadi jalaran batale toponing poro santri lan satrio agung"
Author: Habiburrahman El Shirazy
23. "Jika seseorang pemuda jatuh cinta kepada seorang gadis, maka janganlah dia merosakkan hati si gadis dengan berterus terang kepadanya. sebaliknya, isi hati itu hendaklah diluahkan kepada ibu ayah atau wali si gadis itu. pilihlah jalan pernikahan, bukankah itu yang Allah redha?- Falsafah cinta Nurul Nasuha Haji Norman, : muka surat 81"
Author: Iqbal Syarie
24. "We talk about globalization today as if it's some great big new thing, that we've all just discovered. But there's really nothing new about it."
Author: Jacqueline Winspear
25. "When afterwards he mentioned the names of the Tartars he had got to know on his pilgrimage, like Hallimulabalibay, to which he added a whole string of names he had himself invented, like Valivolavalivey, Malimulamalimey, Lieutenant Lukas could not stop himself from sying: 'I'll kick your backside, you mule. Go on, and be brief and to the point!"
Author: Jaroslav Hašek
26. "Where you are born--what you are born into, the place, the history of the place, how that history mates with your own-- stamps who you are, whatever the pundits of globalisation have to say."
Author: Jeanette Winterson
27. "Globalization doesn't have to be a bad thing as long as government provides us all with the tools to cope in a changing world."
Author: John B. Larson
28. "In this age of globalization, instant real time media and television, everyone all over the world realizes that high energy usage equates with a high standard of living and wealth."
Author: John Olver
29. "Upon reflection, I decided I had three main weaknesses: I was confused (evidenced by a lack of facts, an inability to coordinate my thoughts, and an inability to verbalize my ideas); I had a lack of confidence, which cause me to back down from forcefully stated positions; and I was overly emotional at the expense of careful, 'scientific' though. I was thirty-seven years old and still discovering who I was."
Author: Julia Child
30. "People now realize that globalization is not only for the multi-nationals and the circulation of money."
Author: Lakhdar Brahimi
31. "Contagion has become very much a phenomenon, and it's a phenomenon of globalization."
Author: Lawrence Summers
32. "Children may not understand all that's happening below the surface of a story. It doesn't matter. Because even though they may not be able to define or verbalize it, they sense there's something more than meets the eye; on an almost subliminal level, they're aware of a richness of texture, or meaning and emotion -- a richness that, in a great book, is inexhaustible. And the child may well come back to it again and again, perhaps long after he's stopped being a child."
Author: Lloyd Alexander
33. "You'll be with me, won't you?""indeed.""Then what could go wrong?"Lord Sanabalis visibly grimaced. "You clearly do not believe in angry gods."
Author: Michelle Sagara West
34. "As the world confronts the challenges of globalisation, theentertainment Industry and a web saturated with explicit sexualcontent, is increasingly making it difficult for young people to makeinformed decisions about sex"
Author: Oche Otorkpa
35. "I like globalization; I want to say it works, but it is hard to say that when six hundred million people are slipping backwards."
Author: Paul Wolfowitz
36. "We also have a cultural phenomenon: the emergence of a global culture, or of cultural globalization."
Author: Peter L. Berger
37. "Biarlah hati ini patah karena sarat dengan beban, dan biarlah dia meledak karena ketegangan. Pada akhirnya perbuatan manusia menentukan, yang mengawali dan mengakhiri. Bagiku, kata-kata hiburan hanya sekedar membasuh kaki. Memang menyegarkan. Tapi tiada arti. Barangkali pada titik inilah kita berpisah.. (Arus Balik, h. 669)"
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
38. "Revolusi, dia adalah guru. Dia adalah penderitaan. Tetapi dia pun adalah harapan. Jangan khianati revolusi! Kembali ia pandangi dua orang tua itu, yang mungkin beberapa tahun lagi tewas digulung maut. Namun mereka meletakkan harapannya pada revolusi. Betapa mereka mengagumi lembaran uang, perwujudan revolusi."
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
39. ". . . we come astonishingly close to the mystical beliefs of Pythagoras and his followers who attempted to submit all of life to the sovereignty of numbers. Many of our psychologists, sociologists, economists and other latter-day cabalists will have numbers to tell them the truth or they will have nothing. . . . We must remember that Galileo merely said that the language of nature is written in mathematics. He did not say that everything is. And even the truth about nature need not be expressed in mathematics. For most of human history, the language of nature has been the language of myth and ritual. These forms, one might add, had the virtues of leaving nature unthreatened and of encouraging the belief that human beings are part of it. It hardly befits a people who stand ready to blow up the planet to praise themselves too vigorously for having found the true way to talk about nature."
40. "[I]t's become standard practice to erect a miniature police state around any globalization summit, and these rights free zones seem to prefigure what corporate globalization promises."
Author: Rebecca Solnit
41. "Ba't ba naghahalikan ang mga utaw? Para magpalitan ng laway? Magdikit ang mga dila? Bakit hindi mga ilong na gaya sa ibang bansa, o kaya ay mga balikat? Bakit maski sa pisngi lang siya nahalikan ni Homer ay parang ang kaluluwa niya ang tinamaan ng nguso nito? At andito na rin lang tayo sa subject ng paghahalikan, me pagkakaiba ba kapag lalaki o babae o kapwa lalaki o kapwa babae ang mga ngusong nagdidikit? Paano ang mga walang nguso?"
Author: Ricky Lee
42. "Tak seorang pun bisa kembali secara utuh setelah kita membuat lubang yang dalam di hatinya."
Author: Robin Wijaya
43. "…Dunia ini penuh dengan keajaiban karena hal-hal yang tidak masuk akal masih terus berlangsung. Seorang fotografer ingin membagi duka dunia di balik hal-hal yang kasat mata….para fotografer membagi pandangan, tetapi yang memandang fotonya ternyata buta meskipun mempunyai mata. Keajaiban dunia adalah suatu ironi, di depan kemanusiaan yang terluka, manusia tertawa-tawa."
Author: Seno Gumira Ajidarma
44. "Manusia bertarung memperebutkan kekuasaan atas nama agama dan bukan sebaliknya. agama apa pun tidak membenarkan pertarungan antar agama dan tidak akan pernah ada kecuali manusia yang begitu bodoh sehingga menafsirkan yang sebaliknya."
Author: Seno Gumira Ajidarma
45. "I travel to Cambodia, Thailand, Bali, and Nairobi for my charities: Somaly Mam and Friends to Mankind."
Author: Serinda Swan
46. "They talk like people, he thought, who have kept the huddled-up secrets of their guilts and inadequacies to themselves for a long time, only to discover that these things, when verbalized, were only life-sized after all."
Author: Stephen King
47. "Mengetahui bisa menjadi kutukan dalam hidup seseorang..begitu kau mengetahui yang sebenarnya, kau tidak akan pernah kembali untuk mengambil koper kebohonganmu. Lebih berat atau tidak, kebenaran menjadi milikmu sekarang."
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
48. "...mencintai itu, kadang mengumpulkan segala tabiat menyebalkan dari seseorang yang engkau cintai, memakinya, merasa tak sanggup lagi menjadi yang terbaik untuk dirinya, dan berpikir tak ada lagi jalan kembali, tapi tetap saja engkau tak sanggup benar-benar meninggalkannya."
Author: Tasaro G.K.
49. "Cinta bukan sekedar memaafkan. cinta bukan sekedar soal menerima apa adanya. cinta adalah harga diri. cinta adalah rasionalitas sempurna.Jika kau memahami cinta adalah perasaan irasional, sesuatu yang tidak masuk akal, tidak butuh penjelasan, maka cepat atau lambat, luka itu akan kembali menganga. kau dengan mudah membenarkan apapun yang terjadi di hati, tanpa tahu, tanpa memberikan kesempatan berpikir bahwa itu boleh jadi karena kau tidak mampu mengendalikan perasaan tersebut. tidak lebih, tidak kurang"
Author: Tere Liye
50. "Developments in information technology and globalised media mean that the most powerful military in the history of the world can lose a war, not on the battlefield of dust and blood, but on the battlefield of world opinion."
Author: Timothy Garton Ash
Quotes About Bali Pictures