Famous Quotes About Basic Human Rights
Browse 9 famous quotes and sayings about Basic Human Rights.
Top Quotes About Basic Human Rights
1. "The American experience influenced my understanding of individuality, basic human rights, freedom of expression and the rights and responsibilities of citizens."
Author: Ai Weiwei
2. "Democratic societies can no longer give religious fanatics a free hand to abuse and murder non believers. Such action betrays contempt for the basic human rights which animate any democracy with meaning."
Author: Armstrong Williams
3. "It might be depressing, but it's also the truth that no one has the power, the money, or the resources to save everyone on the planet from going hungry, living in poverty or allowed basic human rights. But consider the other side of this: there are people in this world who truly WOULD do all of these things for everyone if only they could. There is hope after all."
Author: Ashly Lorenzana
4. "Within a system which denies the existence of basic human rights, fear tends to be the order of the day. Fear of imprisonment, fear of torture, fear of death, fear of losing friends, family, property or means of livelihood, fear of poverty, fear of isolation, fear of failure. A most insidious form of fear is that which masquerades as common sense or even wisdom, condemning as foolish, reckless, insignificant or futile the small, daily acts of courage which help to preserve man's self-respect and inherent human dignity. It is not easy for a people conditioned by fear under the iron rule of the principle that might is right to free themselves from the enervating miasma of fear. Yet even under the most crushing state machinery courage rises up again and again, for fear is not the natural state of civilized man."
Author: Aung San Suu Kyi
5. "Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned...Everything is war. Me say war.That until the're no longer 1st class and 2nd class citizens of any nation...Until the color of a man's skin is ofno more significa...nce than the color of his eyes, me say war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race me say war!"
Author: Bob Marley
6. "I am a technological activist. I have a political agenda. I am in favor of basic human rights: to free speech, to use any information and technology, to purchase and use recreational drugs, to enjoy and purchase so-called 'vices', to be free of intruders, and to privacy."
Author: Bram Cohen
7. "Sexual rights are not only a basic element of human rights but should have an integral part in moves towards Arab reform ..."
Author: Brian Whitaker
8. "The norm which the society at large has set today categorically is in the form of preventive measures to be clasped within the purview of its social fabric. The legislators of great economies on the other hand have retrospectively identified the offense, researched, debated and have successfully handed down several yards of legislation with ingrained penalties and punishment for the trespassers of what they think as appropriate, bearing in mind basic human rights of the offenders.And the sword of Damocles continues to haunt tiny sprouts of the society, ripping their souls and plunging them to misery, despair or death, to which several national and international judicial precedents bear witness."
Author: Henrietta Newton Martin Legal Consultant
9. "Life is not a matter of place, things or comfort; rather, it concerns the basic human rights of family, country, justice and human dignity."
Author: Imelda Marcos
Quotes About Basic Human Rights Pictures