Famous Quotes About Basketball Finals
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Basketball Finals.
Top Quotes About Basketball Finals
1. "If we can take young people who excel at the highest levels, put them on the same kind of pedestal as the all-state basketball player and the all-state football player, and begin to get the same kind of recognition, it will have a profound effect, and we are finding that it does."
Author: Benjamin Carson
2. "The Finals are about a test of wills."
Author: Bill Laimbeer
3. "I want the 'Book of Basketball' to do well if only so I can shop an absolutely ridiculous topic for my next book: like, a book about basketball cards, or an unauthorized biography of A. J. Daulerio."
Author: Bill Simmons
4. "My personal life is the same. At the end of the day, this is just a job. I love what I do, and it's a great job. But it's like my alter ego. There's Chris Brown the singer. And there's Christopher Brown, the down-home Tappahannock boy that plays video games and basketball and hangs out."
Author: Chris Brown
5. "The 76ers hold a special place in my heart and I am intrigued by the opportunity to return to Philadelphia, where I was part of a rebuilding program, joining the team the year after it went 9-73 and going to the NBA Finals just four years later."
Author: Doug Collins
6. "I play basketball on Sundays and I'm a very spiritual guy; I read a lot of Eastern philosophy and I meditate."
Author: Garry Shandling
7. "The first time I managed to pick up a basketball I knew I was destined to lead the UK to another National championship. ... Even now, so many years later, I still believe Kentucky will go undefeated in March & win everything."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
8. "One of the questions I get asked a lot is, 'What do you do to stay in shape?' My glib answer is, 'I play.' But I mean it. Sure, I go to the gym, but I don't spend my life there. Most of my activity is outdoors, whether it's basketball or mountain biking or rock climbing."
Author: Jason Lewis
9. "If you don't like basketball and you're from Kentucky, they'll kick you out!"
Author: Josh Hopkins
10. "Oh, Mr. Trout...teach us to sing and dance and laugh and cry. We've tried to survive so long on money and sex and envy and real estate and football and basketball and automobiles and television and alcohol -- on sawdust and broken glass!"
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
11. "I don't know how tall I am or how much I weigh. Because I don't want anybody to know my identity. I'm like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man."
Author: LeBron James
12. "I went to an ACC school, Wake Forest, I'm a big college basketball fan, and it was just a natural interest for me."
Author: Lee Norris
13. "Magic is who I am on the basketball court. Earvin is who I am."
Author: Magic Johnson
14. "I started collecting baseball cards and basketball cards when I was younger. I have a CD collection that turned into a DVD collection, and I have a Jordan shoe collection. And I don't drink, but I have a wine collection. I just started a sweatshirt collection. Every city that I'm in, I buy a sweatshirt. It's just something that I do."
Author: Marques Houston
15. "If architecture is, as is sometimes said, music set in concrete, then football and basketball may be said to be creativity embodied in team sports."
Author: Michael Mandelbaum
16. "I think that basketball players should get the job done no matter how it looks on the screen."
Author: Oscar Robertson
17. "Basketball allowed me to revere my father without him knowing what I was up to. I took up basketball as a form of homage and mimicry."
Author: Pat Conroy
18. "Conroy writes that, while part of him was following the basketball game from the bench, "the other part, an embassy of a completely sovereign nation, would fling its doors open to the most authentic part of me."
Author: Pat Conroy
19. "Bruce looked at David and David asked, "Is that Harold?"He was wearing the same Meadow Brook Basketball jacket and had only a few gray hairs left on his round head. Harold walked up to his two favorite players and exclaimed, "Give me five!" and he extended both hands and the guys lightly slapped his palms, as the other eight ex-players chuckled in the background.The cylinders started clicking in David's mind as Harold said, "On the other side."The guys lightly slapped the knuckle side of Harold's hand as David said, "Oh, shit!"
Author: Phil Wohl
20. "Frankie Muniz is amazing at everything he does. Many people don't know that he can play the piano like you wouldn't believe, and he can bowl and play basketball like you wouldn't believe."
Author: Samaire Armstrong
21. "But I want to tell themthat all of this shitis just debrisleftover when we finally decide to smash all the things we thoughtwe used to beand if you can't see anything beautiful about yourselfget a better mirrorlook a little closerstare a little longerbecause there's something inside youthat made you keep tryingdespite everyone who told you to quityou built a cast around your broken heartand signed it yourselfyou signed it"they were wrong"because maybe you didn't belong to a group or a clickmaybe they decided to pick you last for basketball or everythingmaybe you used to bring bruises and broken teethto show and tell but never toldbecause how can you hold your groundif everyone around you wants to bury you beneath ityou have to believe that they were wrongthey have to be wrong"
Author: Shane Koyczan
22. "And I want to do it the right way, like everybody else, not just a famous figurehead that gets a job because he is a famous basketball player. I want to really learn the business."
Author: Shaquille O'Neal
23. "I coach my daughter's softball and basketball team. We go to all the school functions. We go out to eat at night and take the kids to the movies. We try to be as normal as we can."
Author: Tim McGraw
Quotes About Basketball Finals Pictures