Famous Quotes About Bathtub
Browse 84 famous quotes and sayings about Bathtub.
Top Quotes About Bathtub
1. "A scratch at the door interrupted us. Colin dropped and rolled under the bed again. One of the maids poked her head in. "Miss?"I tried not to look as if I was hiding a handsome young lad under the mattress."Yes?""Lord Jasper sent me up to see if you need help getting ready for a ball." She smiled proudly. "I have a fair hand with a curling iron.""Oh.Thank you." I needed to get Colin out before I ended up naked in the middle of my bedroom. "I,um, could I get some hot water? To wash my face?""Certainly,miss. I'll have the footmen bring up the bathtub, if you like, before all the fine ladies start calling for their own baths.""That would be great, thanks." I'd never actually been in a full reclining tub before. We had a battered hip bath in the kitchen.The maid curtsied and closed the door behind her. I let out a breath. Colin crawled back out. "They need to sweep under there," he said, sneezing."
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
2. "I'm pretty much awake now." (P) "The last time I said that, I passed out in the bathtub." (I) "I remember that. Neil covered you with towels and said that he found a mermaid." (P) "You were so beautiful, Mummy. Like Ice Bird when he freezes the pigs." (N) "Thank you, sweet." -- Ingrid, Paul and Neil."
Author: Bailey Cunningham
3. "I have the sick fantasy that whatever I see at the movies is going to happen to me at home. My bladder capacity increased tenfold after I saw "The Shining" because I was sure that if I went into the bathroom late at night, there would be a dead woman in the bathtub."
Author: Bailey White
4. "The God gene, the God particle – the human predisposition to believe and the makeup of the universe finally discovered, all that is now needed is a complementary coping mechanism to spark the seraphic neuron – God gin. When the time is right the last prophet – a humble basement-brewer inspired with the perfect bathtub – will arise to distribute the good message in his bottles and have us continually singing His praises in the karaoke bar. With the harshness of ethanol, the burning ones will envelop the crowd with ‘holies' of love, zeal, and surround sound."
5. "Where does love reveal itself? In beds, sofas, bathtubs – each section of a department store has its advantages."
6. "I couldn't go back to my apartment. I was forever estranged from my place of habit – the carpet I would ash my cigarettes on, the gin bathtub where I would soak to keep my weight down and stir my medicines, the couch full of holes from slippery syringes, the stack of old newspapers I would reread."
Author: Benson Bruno
7. "I just remember Stella Tenant and me dancing in Donatella Versace's bathtub until like four in the morning. It was one of those 'pinch me' moments."
Author: Carolyn Murphy
8. "Magnus placed an order with the room service, who had by now stopped questioning Mr. Bane's unusual needs for things like twenty-four plates of scrambled eggs and "enough coffee to fill one of your larger bathtubs"."
Author: Cassandra Clare
9. "Goddamn. what is this shit?early times, called j-bone. best little old drink they is. drink that and you wont feel a thing the next mornin.or any morning.whoo lord, give it here. hello early, come to your old daddy.here, pour some of it in this cup and let me cut it with coca-cola.can't do it, bud.why not?we done tried it. it eats the bottom out.watch it suttree. don't spill none on your shoeslord honey i know they make that old splo in the bathtub but this here is made in the toilet. he was looking at the bottle, shaking it. bubbles the size of gooseshot veered greasily up through the smoky fuel it held.the last time i drank some of that shit i like to died. i stunk from the inside out. i laid in a tub of hot water all day and climbed out and dried and you could still smell it. i had to burn my clothes.early times, he called. make your liver quiver.(page 26)"
Author: Cormac McCarthy
10. "My special thing as a kid was to play dead because I thought I was really good at it. When I was 7 or 8, I even did it in the bathroom with a hair dryer in the bathtub. I realized that I was good at it because each time my mom would scream."
Author: Daniel Bruhl
11. "The things we do when we expect our lives to continue are naturally and properly different than the things we might do if we expected them to end abruptly. We go easy on the lard and tobacco, smile dutifully at yet another of our supervisor's witless jokes, read books like this one when we could be wearing paper hats and eating pistachio macaroons in the bathtub, and we do each of these things in the charitable service of the people we will soon become."
Author: Daniel Gilbert
12. "The red washingdown the bathtubcan't change the color of the seaat all."
Author: Derrick Brown
13. "The only way I'd be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me and I was in between makeup at home. I hope my husband would slap a little lipstick on me before he took me to the morgue."
Author: Dolly Parton
14. "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it."
Author: Edward Snowden
15. "She'd stumbled into Norman Bates' attic. There in the bathroom was a gaudy heart shaped pink bathtub, and standing proudly next to it was a bear. Holding a clean white towel draped over his arm like a waiter."
Author: Erin McCarthy
16. "As a bathtub lined with white porcelain, When the hot water gives out or goes tepid, So is the slow cooling of our chivalrous passion, O my much praised but-not-altogether-satisfactory lady."
Author: Ezra Pound
17. "Lord Maccon, being Lord Maccon and good at such things, then changed, right there in the Thames, from dog-paddling wolf to large man treading water. He did so flawlessly, so that his head never went under the water. Professor Lyall suspected him of practicing such maneuvers in the bathtub."
Author: Gail Carriger
18. "My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub."
Author: Grover Norquist
19. "All that the YMCA's horse and rings really accomplished was to fill me with an ineradicable distaste, not only for Christian endeavor in all its forms, but also for every variety of calisthenics, so that I still begrudge the trifling exertion needs to climb in and out of the bathtub, and hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense."
Author: H.L. Mencken
20. "-I am being killed by what keeps me from dying.And next the sea became very small no bigger than a bathtub. Rolling in pain crashed over and over again onto the edges of the world. Then a divinity fished her out."
Author: Hélène Cixous
21. "I floated like driftwood in the ocean. I wasn't worried about sharks, because my bathtub is much too shallow."
Author: Jarod Kintz
22. "I write like I make love: alone in my bathtub, as I let the fantasy overflow and wash over me."
Author: Jarod Kintz
23. "Every time the wind blows I think of her. I wonder if I could generate electricity off my yearning. Maybe a mind wind farm of some kind. Hopefully I could provide enough power for all the lonely people in my bathtub to stay warm."
Author: Jarod Kintz
24. "The only book I'd read in the shower is Naked Lunch, because my bathtub is in the center of my kitchen."
Author: Jarod Kintz
25. "I am the bathtub of love, but all Agatha ever wanted was a shower."
Author: Jarod Kintz
26. "I only sing in the shower. I would join a choir, but I don't think my bathtub can hold that many people."
Author: Jarod Kintz
27. "Take stock, citizen bacillus,Now that there are so many billions of you,Bleeding through your opened veins,Into your bathtub, or into the PacificOf that by which they may remember you."
Author: John Brunner
28. "You may be a serious writer if ….10. your hard drive is littered with random notes and story ideas … but not nearly as littered as your head.9. you keep pen and paper next to your bed. And in the glove compartment. And in your gym bag. Also on the rim of the bathtub.8. a day without Roget's Thesaurus is a day without sunshine.7. your emotional landscape includes creativity, confidence, elation, frustration, and the occasional neurosis.6. you've ever had to clean peanut butter and bread crumbs off your keyboard, because the work was going well, and you didn't want to stop for lunch.5. grammar and punctuation turn you on.4. your interest in a new acquaintance is directly proportionate to his/her potential as a secondary character.3. you've worn the white e, r, s, and t clean off your keyboard.2. the search history on your web browser would raise red flags with the FBI, CIA, DEA, and mental health professionals everywhere.1. you have stories to tell, and you just. Keep. Telling. Them."
Author: Kathy Disanto
29. "Time overlaps itself. A breath breathed from a passing breeze is not the whole wind, neither is it just the last of what has passed and the first of what will come, but is more--let me see--more like a single point plucked on a single strand of a vast spider web of winds, setting the whole scene atingle. That way; it overlaps...As prehistoric ferns grow from bathtub planters. As a shiny new ax, taking a swing at somebody's next year's split-level pinewood pad, bites all the way to the Civil War. As proposed highways break down through the stacked strata of centuries."
Author: Ken Kesey
30. "Jason: Holy crap, is that a bathtub at the foot of your bed? That's awesome! Can I join?Julia: Hilarious."
Author: Lauren Morrill
31. "I have a beautiful, big bathtub."
Author: Mark Morris
32. "Not following up with your prospects is the same as filling up your bathtub without first putting the stopper in the drain."
Author: Michelle Moore
33. "I'm from a family of teachers. My father would drown me in the bathtub if my daughter didn't graduate from college. I don't care who she is or what she does. Just get the diploma."
Author: P. C. Cast
34. "We were so poor as kids. I didn't even see a bathtub, running water, hot water, commode - we didn't have any of that. We started with a humble log house, milk cow, garden-raised our own food, killed a hog every year in the fall, and had the meat hanging up in the smokehouse - that was our childhood, me and ol' Si."
Author: Phil Robertson
35. "If my mom told one more story about how cute I looked in the bathtub when I was three years old I was going to burrow into the snow and freeze myself to death."
Author: Rick Riordan
36. "Being in a floodplain is like sitting down in a bathtub."
Author: Robert Hunter
37. "In the folklore of science, there is the often-told story of the moment of discovery: the quickening of the pulse, the spectral luminosity of ordinary facts, the overheated, standstill second when observations crystallize and fall together into patterns, like pieces of a kaleidoscope. The apple drops from the tree. The man jumps up from a bathtub; the slippery equation balances itself.But there is another moment of discovery—its antithesis—that is rarely recorded: the discovery of failure. It is a moment that a scientist often encounters alone. A patient's CT scan shows a relapsed lymphoma. A cell once killed by a drug begins to grow back. A child returns to the NCI with a headache."
Author: Siddhartha Mukherjee
38. "After a breakup, I'll conduct the normal breakup rituals. I'll cut up photographs, erase voice mails, gather his dark concert T-shirts I once slept in and douse them with bleach before I use them to clean my bathtub."
Author: Sloane Crosley
39. "Five things I'd rather do than swatch for my new project1. Get a spinal tap.2. Scrub the bathtub after all three of my daughters have come home from "Sandbox day" at the park.3. Babysit two-year-old triplets while simultaneously diffusing a bomb.4. Bathe a cat.5. KNIT MY NEW PROJECT."
Author: Stephanie Pearl McPhee
40. "Garret went across the street to the library. There was a hole in the sidewalk the size of a bathtub. Construction was being done, was always being done. It was the journey that mattered, Garret thought woozily, the getting-there part. The mayor, and then the president, had begun saying that. "And where are we going?" the mayor had asked. "When will we get there? What will happen to us once we get there?" He really wanted to know."
Author: Tao Lin
41. "I got out of the bathtub and put on a black low-cut dress with lace all over it sandly. I put on black high heels with pink metal stuff on the ends and six pairs of skull earrings. I couldn't fucking believe it. Then I looked out the window and screamed . . . Snap was spying on me and he was taking a video tape of me! And Loopin was masticating to it! They were sitting on their broomsticks."
Author: Tara Gilesbie
42. "I changed my mind. Maybe I do want a black hole for a vagina. How bad could it be? I wouldn't need to carry a purse anymore. I could just shove things up my twat. 'Oh, you need a pen? Hold on, let me check in my vagina. What's that you say? Do I have a flashlight? Let me stick my hand up my vag and find out.' Let's go home. We could do a home birth in the bathtub. It might be a tight squeeze but I bet we could both fit in there."
Author: Tara Sivec
43. "Reclaimed by the small-time day-to-day, pretending life is Back To Normal, wrapping herself shivering against contingency's winter in some threadbare blanket of first-quarter expenses, school committees, cable-bill irregularities, a workday jittering with low-life fantasies for which "fraud" is often too elegant a term, upstairs neighbors to whom bathtub caulking is an alien concept, symptoms upper-respiratory and lower-intestinal, all in the quaint belief that change will always be gradual enough to manage, with insurance, with safety equipment, with healthy diets and regular exercise, and that evil never comes roaring out of the sky to explode into anybody's towering delusions about being exempt. . ."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
44. "But Lord Blatherard Osmo was able at last to devote all of his time to Novi Pazar. Early in 1939, he was discovered mysteriously suffocated in a bathtub full of tapioca pudding, at the home of a Certain Viscountess. Some have seen in this the hand of the Firm."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
45. "Nothing. I wanted to hit him but hitting a masochist is pretty pointless. Wesley?" She finally looked him full in his face. For a moment his brown eyes turned silver and she saw Michael's face floating in front of her. "What if I'm a bad person, too?""You're not a bad person. If you were a bad person you wouldn't be sitting fully dressed in a bathtub with no water in it because you're terrified you might be a bad person. The devil doesn't worry about going to hell.""Only because he's already there."
Author: Tiffany Reisz
46. "The police, finding a corpse with twenty-eight stab wounds in a bathtub, suspected foul play."
Author: Tim Kreider
47. "Scientists may have sophisticated laboratories,But never forget 'eureka' was inspired in a bathtub."
Author: Toba Beta
48. "What an electric heater perched upon the rim of the bathtub of the world that dead Jesus was."
Author: Tom Robbins
49. "She looked around for a place to be. A small place. The closet? ... It was both small and bright, and she wanted to be in a very small, very bright place. Small enough to contain her grief.Bright enough to throw into relief the dark things that cluttered her.Once inside, she sank to the tile floor next to the toilet. On her knees, her hand on the cold rim of the bathtub, she waited for something to happen…inside."
Author: Toni Morrison
50. "Her belly ruptures full of parasites, Her eyes sink back in her skull Her butchered wrists, dangle From the edge of the bathtubHer children cuddle against her Desperate for love she cannot give"
Author: Wrath James White
Quotes About Bathtub Pictures