Famous Quotes About Beach And Sunset
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Beach And Sunset.
Top Quotes About Beach And Sunset
1. "If you clenched your right hand in a fist, that would be my San Francisco, knocking on the Golden Gate. Your little finger would be sunny downtown on the bay, and your thumb would be our Ocean Beach out on the blue Pacific. They called it the Sunset...It sat on the very edge of the continent, with fog so dense and silver you hardly ever saw a sunset in the Sunset..."
Author: Andrew Sean Greer
2. "Does sunset sometimes look like the sun is coming up? Do you know what a faithful love is like? You're crying; you say you've burned yourself. But can you think of anyone who's not hazy with smoke? —Rumi"
Author: Anne Lamott
3. "...the reward centers of the brain--where the pleasure of those high-calorie foods registers--also respond to other substances that bring about pleasure....But those reward centers also respond to other gratifying things, like watching a sunset or experiencing a loving touch...So while you may not be able to change the wiring in your brain, you can "feed" those reward centers other pleasures...Biology isn't destiny when you have effective strategies..."
Author: Bob Greene
4. "I want the dead to be deadforever.I don't want to be one of them,Except of course you can't be one of them.You can't be one of the deadbecause that which, has no existence can have no community.No community!My heart warms just thinking about it--blackness, aloneness,silence, peace,and all of it only a heartbeat away.[ The Sunset Limited - 2011 ]"
Author: Cormac McCarthy
5. "Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal."
Author: Elbert Hubbard
6. "I bought salvation from a man on the street. He said, "Go down to the beach and let the waves wash your feet."
Author: Gabriel Rheaume
7. "On the morning after the storm the body of a drowned giant was washed ashore on the beach five miles to the north-west of the city."
Author: J.G. Ballard
8. "As far as informing the headmaster, Harry had no idea where Dumbledore went during the summer holidays. He amused himself for a moment, picturing Dumbledore, with his long silver beard, full-length wizard's robes, and pointed hat, stretched out on a beach somewhere, rubbing suntan lotion onto his long crooked nose."
Author: J.K. Rowling
9. "What most people find festive—a weekend at a beach shack with friends, a boat trip down a river, a crackling bonfire on a summer night—I see as a bleak nightmare to be grimly endured. I would sooner put lit cigarettes in my eyes than share a vacation house with a crowd."
Author: Jancee Dunn
10. "For me optimism is two lovers walking into the sunset arm in arm. Or maybe into the sunrise - whatever appeals to you."
Author: Krzysztof Kieslowski
11. "Night.The beach and the sea are in darkness.A dog passes, going toward the sea wall.No one walks on the boardwalk, but, on the benches lining it, people sit. They relax. Are silent. Separated from one another. They do not speak.The traveler passes. He walks slowly, he goes in the same direction as the dog.He stops. Returns. He seems to be out for a walk. He starts off again.His face is no longer visible.The sea is calm. No wind.The traveler returns. The dog does not return. The sea begins to rise, it seems. Its sounds getting closer. Muffled thudding coming from the river's many mouths. Somber sky."
Author: Marguerite Duras
12. "I watched her with the crab as she ignored all my admonitions that the poor crab just needed to be set free if he was to have any chance of surviving. And God showed up there on that beach to teach me a lesson. Nothing survives when it's being smothered. Life, real life, requires being free to move about in the great big ocean, not being cradled in little hot hands that will stifle independence and creativity. We can't keep our crabs (or our kids) in a bucket and expect them to go far in life."
Author: Melanie Shankle
13. "It had been dark at the beach for hours, he hadn't been smoking much and it wasn't headlights – but before she turned away, he could swear he saw light falling on her face, the orange light just after sunset that catches a face turned to the west, watching the ocean for someone to come in on the last wave of the day, in to shore and safety."
Author: Thomas Pynchon
14. "I love living in California and being able to go to the beach or go to the woods."
Author: Tracy Chapman
Quotes About Beach And Sunset Pictures