Famous Quotes About Beethoven Being Deaf
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Beethoven Being Deaf.
Top Quotes About Beethoven Being Deaf
1. "I am capable of being idle."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
2. "There wasn't a lot of discipline in my life, and I hated it being imposed on me at school."
Author: Alfie Allen
3. "If you're ever being typecasted - as most of us are - that's a great way to be typecasted. So, 'The Rifleman' is still popular with a lot of people, and I'm proud to be associated."
Author: Chuck Connors
4. "How many of us are embracing the comforts of suburban America while we turn a deaf ear to inner cities in need of the gospel?"
Author: David Platt
5. "I'm not a serious photographer like many of my contemporaries. That is to say, I am serious about not being serious."
Author: Elliott Erwitt
6. "From being used so much, kneaded with sweat and sighs, the air in the room had begun to turn to mud."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
7. "A deaf composer's like a cook who's lost his sense of taste. A frog that's lost its webbed feet. A truck driver with his license revoked. That would throw anybody for a loop, don't you think? But Beethoven didn't let it get to him. Sure, he must have been a little depressed at first, but he didn't let misfortune get him down. It was like, Problem? What problem? He composed more than ever and came up with better music than anything he'd ever written. I really admire the guy. Like this Archduke Trio--he was nearly deaf when he wrote it, can you believe it? What I'm trying to say is, it must be tough on you not being able to read, but it's not the end of the world. You might not be able to read, but there are things only you can do. That's what you gotta focus on--your strengths. Like being able to talk with the stone."
Author: Haruki Murakami
8. "Results aside, the ability to have complete faith in another human being is one of the finest qualities a person can possess."
Author: Haruki Murakami
9. "Madame Tallien shared honors with Josephine Beauharnais in being mistress to Barras, an ex-nobleman and ex-terrorist whose appetite for beautiful women, beautiful young men, and money was the only wholesome trait in his character."
Author: J. Christopher Herold
10. "These fucking women really piss me off,' April said. 'Because instead of being elated by the thought of making their own happiness and chasing some crazy dream, all they want to do is narrow their options and do something safe."
Author: J. Courtney Sullivan
11. "We are all freaks. Yes! Alone in our rooms at night, we are all weirdoes and outcasts and losers. That is what being a teenager is all about! Whether you admit it or not, you are all worried that the others won't accept you, that if they knew the real you, they would recoil in horror. Each of us carries with us a secret shame that we think is somehow unique…And if we are, each of us, freaks – then can't we accept what's different in each other and move on?"
Author: James St. James
12. "A guitar is not a baseball bat, despite me being known as the Babe Ruth of music. And if some have called me the Beethoven of coffee, I haven't heard it because I'm deaf to their praise."
Author: Jarod Kintz
13. "I've enjoyed it, I have seen it once at the premiere in London and it was very nice to be invited there. But I do want to see it again now. I want to sit and watch it as a fan rather than being there at the premiere with all the lights and such."
Author: Jeremy Bulloch
14. "I think my faith is important. Being young as well, sometimes it's difficult, but I've got a good family behind me as well."
Author: Jermain Defoe
15. "I prefer for 'my world' to have the highest certification of being a faithful representation of the exterior world."
Author: Jesús Zamora Bonilla
16. "Today, being the biggest developing countries in the world, China and India are both committed to developing their economy and raising their people's living standards."
Author: Li Peng
17. "We launch when we're kind of in the same orbit that they are in terms of being matched up in inclination in space, and we're just in a little different altitude."
Author: Linda M. Godwin
18. "If you go around being afraid, you're never going to enjoy life. You have only one chance, so you've got to have fun."
Author: Lindsey Vonn
19. "Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had."
Author: Michael Crichton
20. "So you chose not to be part of the bands of children who group together for the sole purpose of excluding others, and people look at you and say, poor girl, she's so isolated, but you know a secret, you know who you really are. You are the one human being who is capable of understanding the alien mind, because you are the alien mind; you know what it is to be unhuman because there's never been any human group that gave you credentials as a bona fide homo sapien# [He] wondered if it was already too late to teach her how to be a human"
Author: Orson Scott Card
21. "Boo-Boo Pennyroyal did not like her male and female slaves to mingle. In the operas that she adored, young people brought together in tragic circumstances were forever falling in love with each other and then throwing themselves off things (cliffs, mostly, but sometimes battlements, or rooftops, or the brinks of volcanoes). Boo-Boo was fond of her slaves, and it pained her to think of them plummeting in pairs off the edges of Cloud 9, so she nipped all tragic love affairs firmly in the bud by forbidding the girls and boys to speak to one another. Of course, young people being what they were, girls sometimes fell in love with other girls, or boys with boys, but that never happened in the operas, so Boo-Boo didn't notice."
Author: Philip Reeve
22. "Sometimes good is preventing us for being better".rbasequia.."
Author: Regar Asequia
23. "Bravery is not the absence of fear but the forging ahead despite being afraid"
Author: Robert Liparulo
24. "No, you're not getting exhausted yet, Garraty." [Stebbins] jerked a thumb at Olson's silhouette. "That's exhausted. He's almost through now."Garraty watched Olson, fascinated, almost expecting him to drop at Stebbins's word. "What are you driving at?""Ask your cracker friend, Art Baker. A mule doesn't like to plow. But he likes carrots. So you hang a carrot in front of his eyes. A mule without a carrot gets exhausted. A mule with a carrot spends a long time being tired. You get it?""No."Stebbins smiled again. "You will. Watch Olson. He lost his appetite for the carrot. He doesn't quite know it yet, but he has. Watch Olson, Garraty. You can learn from Olson."Garraty looked at Stebbins closely, not sure how seriously to take him. Stebbins laughed aloud. His laugh was rich and full-a startling sound that made other Walkers turn their heads. "Go on. Go talk to him, Garraty. And if he won't talk, just get up close and have a good look. It's never too late to learn."
Author: Stephen King
25. "Perhaps Bach and Beethoven are strange bedfellows for Mickey Mouse, but it's all been a lot of fun."
Author: Walt Disney Company
26. "No matter what...ball made my heart beat faster, made me want to jump up and down and be Superman. That's what life was about anyway, being Superman and living like life itself was important. Basketball made my life important."
Author: Walter Dean Myers
27. "Lost: Heartbeat. Last seen being chased away by an Irishman's shameless grin. Reward if returned."
Author: Whitney K.E.
Quotes About Beethoven Being Deaf Pictures