Famous Quotes About Beginning To End
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Beginning To End.
Top Quotes About Beginning To End
1. "I must have been chosen because I know it all from beginning to end. I am certainly not the story itself. I am only the grass that tattles on the wind."
Author: Alfredo Vea
2. "I found that many gifted people are so afraid of writing a poor story that they cannot summon the nerve to write a single sentence for months. The thing to say to such people is: "See how *bad* a story you can write. See how dull you can be. Go ahead. That would be fun and interesting. I will give you ten dollars if you can write something thoroughly dull from beginning to end!" And of course, no one can."
Author: Brenda Ueland
3. "I look for two things when I am about to launch into a book. First, there has to be a dramatic arc to the story itself that will carry me, and the reader, from beginning to end. Second, the story has to weave through larger themes that can illuminate the world of the subject."
Author: David Maraniss
4. "From beginning to end it's about keeping the energy and the intensity of the story and not doing too much and not doing too little, but just enough so people stay interested and stay involved in the characters."
Author: Deborah Cox
5. "I disapproved of him from beginning to end. First he nodded politely, and then his face broke into that radiant and understanding smile as if we'd been in ecstatic cahoots on that fact all along."
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. "If 'Mystery Train' is my Nixon book and 'Lipstick Traces' my Reagan book, 'Invisible Republic' is my Bill Clinton book. I really liked Clinton. He made me proud to be part of this country again. For all of his failings, the way he put all that he'd done in jeopardy, I supported him from beginning to end."
Author: Greil Marcus
7. "I urge pupils when studying a work and in order to master its most important aspic, the rhythmic structure, or the ordering of the time process, to do just what a conductor does with the score: to place music on the desk and to conduct the work from beginning to end as if it were played by someone else, an imaginary pianist with the conductor trying to impress him with his will, his tempo first of all, plus all the details of his performance."
Author: Heinrich Neuhaus
8. "I mean that they (students) should not play life, or study it merely, while the community supports them at this expensive game, but earnestly live it from beginning to end. How could youths better learn to live than by at once trying the experiment of living? Methinks this would exercise their minds as much as mathematics."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
9. "The story, from beginning to end, I found again in a heart of a friend."
Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
10. "I shot an arrow into the air,It fell to earth, I knew not where;For, so swiftly it flew, the sightCould not follow it in its flight.I breathed a song into the air,It fell to earth, I knew not where;For who has sight so keen and strong,That it can follow the flight of song?Long, long afterward, in an oakI found the arrow, still unbroke;And the song, from beginning to end,I found again in the heart of a friend."
Author: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
11. "Life seems sometimes like nothing more than a series of losses, from beginning to end. That's the given. How you respond to those losses, what you make of what's left, that's the part you have to make up as you go."
Author: Katharine Weber
12. "I am a very linear thinker, so I write beginning to end. I write hundreds of pages per book that never make it into print."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
13. "In the modern operas that 'Miss Saigon' and 'Les Miz' are, nobody breaks out into song from conventional book dialogue. Everything is sung from beginning to end, including the recitative."
Author: Lea Salonga
14. "It is wrong from beginning to end,' said the Caterpillar decidedly, and there was silence for some minutes."
Author: Lewis Carroll
15. "On the Sabbath day, we are remembering that my relationship with God did not begin with what I've done, it is not sustained by what I do, and it is not guaranteed to the end by my effort or work. I'm saved from beginning to end by Jesus' work."
Author: Mark Driscoll
16. "An elegantly crafted novel, "The Reluctant First Lady" clearly documents author Venita Ellick as an exceptionally accomplished writer able to skillfully weave memorable characters into a riveting story line from beginning to end. As engaging as it is entertaining, "The Reluctant First Lady" is highly recommended for both personal reading lists and community library contemporary fiction collections."
Author: Midwest Book Review August 2013
17. "Life is pure farce from beginning to end, with a littleblack comedy thrown in for shade. If it was anythingelse, mankind would have stuck his collective head inthe gas oyen years ago. No one could tolerate seventyyears of tragedy. When I die - probably of cancer -Jane has prornised to put on my tombstone: "Herelies Anne Cattrell who laughed her way through it.The joke was on her but at least she knew it." (The Ice House)"
Author: Minette Walters
18. "Juggling many projects and having all these accidental collisions that you can't predict enables a kind of comparative thinking. To focus on a single project from beginning to end is extremely difficult, not just for me, but for many people."
Author: Natalie Jeremijenko
19. "My whole career is just terror, from beginning to end. That's kind of my thing. A lot of happy accidents happened."
Author: Patrick J. Adams
20. "I say nothing, not one word, from beginning to end, and neither does he. If it were lawful for a woman to hate her husband, I would hate him as a rapist."
Author: Philippa Gregory
21. "Blomkvist had to tell the story from beginning to end. A couple of times Henrik interrupted with a question or asked him to repeat something. Frode said not a word. When the story was done, Henrik"
Author: Stieg Larsson
22. "For me, a journey to Damascus is an amazing hunt from beginning to end, a slice through layers of history in search of treasure."
Author: Tahir Shah
23. "Violence is central in our lives, a constant and unavoidable reality. Experience is not a linear construct moving from one point to another - childhood to maturity, "bad" to "good," beginning to end - but a wheel turning around a point that shifts between hope and despair. "At the still point of the turning world," the job of the artist is not to resolve or beautify, but to hold complexities, to see and make clear."
Author: Toi Derricotte
Quotes About Beginning To End Pictures