Famous Quotes About Being A Lightweight Drinker
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Being A Lightweight Drinker.
Top Quotes About Being A Lightweight Drinker
1. "What was the payoff? It obviously kept me in my cozy zone of being in control, being a good mother, with a good daughter. Most of all, I realize, is that it allowed me to maintain the lie that she was healed, that Nick hadn't permanently damaged her, that I'd truly saved her. Because if I did, if there was no lasting residue of him, it meant that the denial that kept me in the marriage long enough for him to hurt her didn't help create the situation she's in now. The person who I worked hardest to keep safe seems to have been me."
Author: Claire Fontaine
2. "Worry compounds the futility of being trapped on a dead-end street. Thinking opens new avenues."
Author: Cullen Hightower
3. "This [oatmeal] represents your soul in its pure state. Your soul on the day you were born. You were perfect. You were happy. You were good.Now, enter Concept Number Two: crap. Don't worry, folks. I don't use actual crap up here. Only imaginary crap. You'll have to supply the crap, using your mind. Now, if someone came up and crapped in your nice warm oatmeal, what would you say? Would you say: 'Wow, super, thanks, please continue crapping in my oatmeal'? Am I being silly? I'm being a little silly. But guess what, in real life people come up and crap in your oatmeal all the time--friends, co-workers, loved ones, even you kids, especially your kids!--and that's exactly what you do. You say, 'Thanks so much!' You say, 'Crap away!' You say, and here the metaphor breaks down a bit, 'Is there some way I can help you crap in my oatmeal?"
Author: George Saunders
4. "It took her three seconds-one, two, three-to know that her destiny required her to join this man, and his gun and his wagon, and his waiting horses. She had no conception of what was being asked of her, but she knew that there could be no viable alternative. She dashed inside the orphanage and grabbed the few things that belonged to her."
Author: James A. Michener
5. "Money was money, but I didn't want to waste any time away from Pidge.She was happier than I'd ever seen her, and for the first time, I felt like a normal, whole human being instead of some broken, angry man."
Author: Jamie McGuire
6. "I think Baltimore suffers from nostalgia and it keeps us from being honest in talking about what really happened here. A place doesn't have to be perfect to be beloved, and I love this city and I love it better for seeing its flaws."
Author: Laura Lippman
7. "Cyrus's father looked at his son. "Is that true?"Cyrus wouldn't look at his dad, or anyone else. It was hard to look tough when you're being held in someone's arms, but he did his best to pull it off, even crossing beefy arms across his chest."Cyrus, I asked you a question, don't make me ask twice.""Yes," he finally said, very sullen."I don't know what got into him, but I'm sorry."Kevin Appleton said, "When Becky does something wrong she does her own apologizing."Cyrus's father glared at Appleton, but he said, "Apologize to the little girl, Cyrus.""I didn't mean to hurt her. I wanted to hurt him!" He pointed his own dramatic finger at Matthew."Matthew didn't start the fight, Cyrus, you did. Apologize to both of them, now."He turned a pouting face to Becky. "I'm sorry I hurt you, I didn't mean to.""I don't accept!" Becky said. Her eyes were dark and furious. I liked her."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
8. "On the few occasions they had met since that day at the panorama, Annabelle had treated Simon Hunt coldly, dismissing any attempts at conversation and refusing his every invitation to dance. He always seemed amused by her disdain and stared at her with a bold appraisal that made the hairs on the back of her neck rise. She hoped that someday he would abandon all interest in her, but for the time being he remained annoyingly persistent."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
9. "The problem of unmet expectations in marriage is primarily a problem of stereotyping. Each and every human being on this planet is a unique person. Since marriage is inevitably a relationship between two unique people, no one marriage is going to be exactly like any other. Yet we tend to wed with explicit visions of what a "good" marriage ought to be like. Then we suffer enormously from trying to force the relationship to fit the stereotype and from the neurotic guilt and anger we experience when we fail to pull it off."
Author: M. Scott Peck
10. "Why will people persist in reading strange meanings into the simplest of story? Is it not enough that a writer can entertain for a few hours with narrative without being suspected of 'significances' or symbolism or 'social trends'?"
Author: Margaret Mitchell
11. "That was an amazing night in the city. But, there's something rare and intimate about being here—just you, me, the ocean, and the moon."
Author: Nicole Gulla
12. "Being the only non-Black was a unique experience. After a few weeks, you're not aware of skin color differences. You see the color; you're not blind, but it doesn't matter. You see the human being first."
Author: Ricardo Montalban
13. "Me being in love with a girl and wanting her to be with me, doing what I need to do to make her stay with me; it affects no one, yet it's terrifying to people and they think you're a monster."
Author: Sara Quin
14. "I love being objected to. It worries me, but I love being objected to."
Author: Stan Brakhage
15. "Stella:And when he comes back I cry on his lap like a baby..[she smiles to herself]Blanche:I guess that is what is meant by being in love.."
Author: Tennessee Williams
Quotes About Being A Lightweight Drinker Pictures