Famous Quotes About Being Deeply Hurt
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Being Deeply Hurt.
Top Quotes About Being Deeply Hurt
1. "But it never worked that way, and the sex just made her lonelier. I understood that, as it had made me lonelier too. I could never remember being lonely, certainly not in this way, until I had seen the edge of the ways you could be with another person, which brought up all the myriad ways that person could never be there for you."
Author: Ann Patchett
2. "So much of being a woman is telling lies"
Author: Candace Bushnell
3. "My humor isn't meant to be mean or hurt anyone. But it's to make them uncomfortable and laugh. I like making people feel a different range of emotions. I like to make people a bit confused."
Author: Charlyne Yi
4. "I think one of the highest compliments you can give a person is that when you are talking to him, you are not thinking about the fact that you are talking to him. That is, your thoughts and words all exist on a single, engaged level. You are being yourself because you aren't bothering to think about who you should be. It is like when you talk in a dream."
Author: David Levithan
5. "The road to the kingdom of childhood, governed by ingenuousness and innocence, is thus regained in the horror of atonement. The purity of love is regained in its intimate truth which, as I said, is that of death. Death and the instant of divine intoxication merge when they both oppose those intentions of Good which are based on rational calculation. And death indicates the instant which, in so far as it is instantaneous, renounces the calculated quest for survival. The instant of the new individual being depended on the death of other beings. Had they not died there would have been no room for new ones. Reproduction and death condition the immortal renewal of life; they condition the instant which is always new. That is why we can only have a tragic view of the enchantment of life, but that is also why tragedy is the symbol of enchantment."
Author: Georges Bataille
6. "I feel the gods are pretty dead, though I suppose I ought to know that however, to be somewhat more philosophical in the matter, if atheism means simply not being a theist, then of course I'm an atheist.[Letter to Max Otto]"
Author: John Dewey
7. "'Pair of Kings' is so much fun, literally. It is a very physical show with loads of stunts and green screen work, and you never know what great adventure is ahead of you! It's also a nice change in terms of being of similar ages to Doc Shaw and Mitchel Musso."
Author: Kelsey Chow
8. "Toby liked to say he chose not to be impulsive. As if being impulsive were something you consciously decide. When I look at Starling, with her turquoise turban and wet knot of hair, and at Rowan, with his stack of cheap string anklets, I think: Impulsive isn't something you choose. It's something you are. Like gay, or freckled or bipolar. Something I pretend to be but am not. Not really. Not deep down."
Author: Kirsten Hubbard
9. "I have no problem being with people of different nationalities."
Author: Krzysztof Kieslowski
10. "People consider Islam as the best religion of world; I wonder if best of them is that much worse, I am really proud of being an Atheist."
Author: M.F. Moonzajer
11. "We're right here on this very spot. Besides, being lost is never a matter of not knowing where you are; it's a matter of not knowing where you aren't - and I don't care at all about where I'm not."
Author: Norton Juster
12. "And I am too knowledgeable now to hurt people imprecisely"
Author: Tony Hoagland
13. "In the Catholic tradition, the idea of giving something up on a Friday - the act of self denial - has always been tied with being generous to those in need."
Author: Vincent Nichols
Quotes About Being Deeply Hurt Pictures