Famous Quotes About Being Emotionally Scarred
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Being Emotionally Scarred.
Top Quotes About Being Emotionally Scarred
1. "On a small square, wood is being cut for the city school. Cords of healthy, crisp timber are piled high and melt slowly, one log after another, under the saws and axes of workmen. Ah, timber, trustworthy, honest, true matter of reality, bright and completely decent, the embodiment of the decency and prose of life! However deep you look into its core, you cannot find anything that is not apparent on its evenly smiling surface, shining with that warm, assured glow of its fibrous pulp woven in a likeness of the human body. In each fresh section of a cut log a new face og the human body. In each fresh section of a cut log a new face appears, always smiling and golden. Oh, the strange complexion of timber, warm eithout exaltation, completely sound, fragrant, and pleasant!"
Author: Bruno Schulz
2. "I wasn't in love with her. And she didn't love me. For me the question of love was irrelevant. What I sought was the sense of being tossed about by some raging, savage force, in the midst of which lay something absolutely crucial. I had no idea what that was. But I wanted to thrust my hand right inside her body and touch it, whatever it was."
Author: Haruki Murakami
3. "She said being inside a language was like being in a person's house - after a while you came to see why the teapot was where it was."
Author: Ian Frazier
4. "You protect your being when you love yourself better. That's the secret."
Author: Isabelle Adjani
5. "Russians clearly perceive America's global influence as being in irreversible decline and American society shattered by major political, economic and ideological crises."
Author: Ivan Krastev
6. "The benefit is competition, the thrill of playing in the Olympics, being an Olympian, playing against the best."
Author: Joe Sakic
7. "And they like being able to turn on the television day in and day out to see someone that they know and they feel comfortable with and trust hopefully and respect even."
Author: Katie Couric
8. "A fly cannot go in unless it stops somewhere; therefore weapons, fuel, food, money will not go to Afghanistan unless the neighbors of Afghanistan are working, are cooperating, either being themselves the origin or the transit."
Author: Lakhdar Brahimi
9. "I'm guessing I'm your fake girlfriend?" B. J. Asks, sighing. It's a miracle that he figured it out. He's not usually the best with things that aren't spelled out for him."Of course, sweetie, " I say. I try not to think about the fact that I'm talking to B. J. Like we're in love. B. J. Is six-foot-four and 220 pounds. Not someone you want to think about being intimate with."
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
10. "Grief is like sinking, like being buried. I am in water the tawny color of kicked-up dirt. Every breath is full of choking. There is nothing to hold on to, no sides, no way to claw myself up. There is nothing to do but let go.Let go. Feel the weight all around you, feel the squeezing of your lungs, the slow, low pressure. Let yourself go deeper. There is nothing but bottom. There is nothing but the taste of metal, and the echoes of old things, and days that look like darkness."
Author: Lauren Oliver
11. "Ask him about the cemeteries, Dean!"In 1966 upon being told that President Charles DeGaulle had taken France out of NATO and that all U.S. troops must be evacuated off of French soil President Lyndon Johnson mentioned to Secretary of State Dean Rusk that he should ask DeGaulle about the Americans buried in France. Dean implied in his answer that that DeGaulle should not really be asked that in the meeting at which point President Johnson then told Secretary of State Dean Rusk:"Ask him about the cemeteries Dean!"That made it into a Presidential Order so he had to ask President DeGaulle.So at end of the meeting Dean did ask DeGaulle if his order to remove all U.S. troops from French soil also included the 60,000+ soldiers buried in France from World War I and World War II.DeGaulle, embarrassed, got up and left and never answered."
Author: Lyndon B. Johnson
12. "And something happened in Katie's heart, and she realized it wasn't just two people being joined together, not even two families. She felt as if she were joining hands with everyone who'd done this before her, just as she'd done after giving birth to Jacob, a feeling that she finally belonged, that she was part of the whole enterprise, a brick in that great arch which rose out of the dark behind you and swung over your head and curved into the future, and she was helping to keep it strong and solid, and helping to protect everyone beneath it."
Author: Mark Haddon
13. "Don't settle for being an option; become a priority."
Author: Matt Mitchell
14. "It seems to me the American people never really forgave the Democrats for being right about Vietnam."
Author: Paul Begala
15. "Faith consists in being vitally concerned with that ultimate reality to which I give the symbolical name of God. Whoever reflects earnestly on the meaning of life is on the verge of an act of faith."
Author: Paul Tillich
16. "I found the idea of being a librarian very appealing--working in a place where people had to whisper and only speak when necessary. If only the world were like that!"
Author: Peter Cameron
17. "The man's tongue is fit to frighten the French. Another fever."Ah, there," said Morgan, "that comed of sp'iling Bibles."That comed--as you call it--of being arrant asses."
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
18. "Who was the first human being to look out a window?"
Author: Roberto Bolaño
19. "I watch him walk away with the only family he has left and I know why Adam joined the army. I know why he suffered through being Warner's whipping boy. I know why he dealt with the horrifying reality of war, why he was so desparate to run away, so ready to run way as soon as possible. Why he's so determined to fight back. He's fighting for so much more than himself."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Quotes About Being Emotionally Scarred Pictures