Famous Quotes About Being Hurt By Your Dad
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Being Hurt By Your Dad.
Top Quotes About Being Hurt By Your Dad
1. "One who calls virtue into being is one who has what it takes to make a success."
Author: Anyaele Sam Chiyson
2. "And there's your pecking order of unhappiness, right there in a nutshell. Of all the overwhelming compulsions you can be ruined by, all of them have some potential for some perverted, self-destructive fascination – except eating."
Author: Caitlin Moran
3. "I'm turning over a new leaf." He chuckled. The tip of his finger caught her under her chin, and it was enough to still all her movements. "Tell you what. If you need help with that, if you need someone to shut you up, or even if you just need to walk on the wild side every now and then… I'm your guy."
Author: Cherrie Lynn
4. "SmokeYou stand infront of me,pretending to be solid,but you are nothing morethan smoke and mirors. You said you'd never leave,that you would care for us forever,but now you claim youcannot stay?That you've been called away.When you go,who will i turn to when it allcrashes down?Tell me who.Then tell me,how I can believeanone again, if all your promises have been lies."
Author: Ellen Hopkins
5. "People that are conceited of their own merit take pride in being unfortunate, that themselves and others may think them considerable enough to be the envy and the mark of fortune."
Author: Francois De La Rochefoucauld
6. "Sincere and unspiteful laughter is mirth, but where is there any mirth in our time, and do people know how to be mirthful?... A man's mirth is a feature that gives away the whole man, from head to foot. Someone's character won't be cracked for a long time then the man bursts out laughing somehow quite sincerely, and his whole character suddenly opens up as if on the flat of your hand. Only a man of the loftiest and happiest development knows how to be mirthful infectiously, that is, irresistibly and goodheartedly. I'm not speaking of his mental development, but of his character, of the whole man. And so, if you want to discern a man and know his soul, you must look, not at how he keeps silent, or how he speaks, or how we weeps, or even how he is stirred by the noblest ideas, but you had better look at him when he laughs. If a man has a good laugh, it means he's a good man."
Author: Fyodor Dostoevsky
7. "Sometimes you're in great demand. Then suddenly your career hits the breaks."
Author: Gary Sinise
8. "I had a lot of times with Wales as well when we were getting beat - and beaten well - and you learn to deal with it. You learn that next time it happens, you roll your sleeves up and give everything for the team."
Author: Gary Speed
9. "I ran down the hill. I went to your place, afraid, I don't know. I just didn't know. But you were gone.I came here, to Lucy. I thought maybe you'd be hiding inside or something. I waited. But you nevershowed, of course. I searched for you.For years. I didn't know if you were dead or alive. I saw yourface on every street, in every bar."
Author: Harlan Coben
10. "Follow your fate, and be satisfied with it, and be glad not to be a second-hand motor salesman, or a yellow-press journalist, pickled in gin and nicotine, or a cripple - or dead."
Author: Ian Fleming
11. "But the Queen Arwen said: 'A gift I will give you. For I am the daughter of Elrond. I shall not go with him now when he departs to the Havens; for mine is the choice of Luthien, and as she so I have chosen, both the sweet and the bitter. But in my stead you shall go, Ring-bearer, when the time comes, and if you then desire it. If your hurts grieve you still and the memory or your burden is heavy, then you may pass into the West, until all your wounds and weariness are healed. But wear this now in memory of Elfstone and Evenstar with whom your life has been woven!'And she took a white gem like a star that lay upon her breast hanging upon a silver chain, and she set the chain around Frodo's neck. 'When the memory of the fear and the darkness troubles you,' she said, 'this will bring you aid."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
12. "I thought of God as being able to talk big and write *very* small."
Author: John Hersey
13. "The Valkyrie did not believe in coincidence, only fate. And sometimes fate didn't even bother being subtle."
Author: Kresley Cole
14. "You take what you're given, whether it's the cornfields of the Midwest or the coal mines of West Virginia, and you make your fiction out of it. It's all you have. And somehow, wherever you are, it always seems to be enough."
Author: Larry Brown
15. "The secret to youth is to fill your mind with beauty! Amen"
Author: Linda Ballou
16. "I am not insane," he said. "A woman of your highly advanced intellect ought to be able to perceive that I am in love. With you. I wish you had told me. It was deuced embarrassing to find it out from your *brother*."
Author: Loretta Chase
17. "What is gentlest in love is love's violence.Losing yourself in love, you reach love's goal.Love makes you suffer, as love makes you whole.Love steals your everything and makes you rich.Love is both meaningless and poetry.Captured by love, by love you are set free."
Author: Marilyn Nelson
18. "Before I would hurt a child, I would slit my wrists."
Author: Michael Jackson
19. "You know your Bible too well and life too little."
Author: Richard Llewellyn
20. "... he preferred being stimulated to being bored."
Author: Ruth Harris
21. "'Fringe' was the first time I realized that I could ever man up in a character and make this transition from being a boy or a young man into actually being a man."
Author: Seth Gabel
22. "Miss Bennet, I am quite aware of your superior talent for cutting down the Lord's forsaken flock. I merely mean to spare your gown.'Thank you,' said Elizabeth, composing herself, 'but I should rather my gown be soiled than my honor."
Author: Seth Grahame Smith
23. "I want you, I want all of you. I want you inside and out and catching your breath and aching for me like I ache for you."
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Quotes About Being Hurt By Your Dad Pictures