Famous Quotes About Being In His Arms
Browse 30 famous quotes and sayings about Being In His Arms.
Top Quotes About Being In His Arms
1. "Leif's frown eased and he slid his finger under my chin and gently caressed my jaw line with the pad of his thumb."Pagan,will you do me the honor of being my date for Homecoming Dance?The prospect of not being able to hold you in my arms all night is heartbreaking."Mirand sighed from across the table."Okay,that was beautiful.Why didn't you ask me like that?"she asked Wyatt.Wyatt shot Leif an annoyed frown."Thanks,buddy.Next time you decide to break out your romantic side,could you do it alone?"
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "Beau's arms slipped around my waist. I knew I should step away but I couldn't make myself. This was home. Being in his arms like this was where I found peace."
Author: Abbi Glines
3. "I'm by myself," she said finally. "No family to speak of.""I see." Leaning forward again, he rested his arms against the table. "That must be rather difficult.""Sometimes.""And lonely, I imagine. Perhaps that is why you came here tonight?"Her jaw popped under the strain of maintaining decorum. "First: I said I was alone, not lonely. There's a big difference. And second: is that really why you think I'm here?""I do not know what to think. I know you must have reasons for being here other than what you have already hinted at. Reasons important enough to make an otherwise intelligent woman not only bring food to a stranger so late at night, but also accept his invitation to sit inside an empty motel room without a second thought.""Why don't you just call me a hooker while you're at it?"
Author: Angela B. Wade
4. "Lily has never gotton used to being alone. They turn in the water and turn again, then Ambrose lifts her above the surface once more and the creek rains down from her. He lays her gently on her back and her heart breaks. Her tears begin to flow because he is leaving - don't go! He sinks into the water on his back - take me with you! His body turns white again and shimmers into segments until all the pieces disappear. Lily lies face down at right angles to the creek, her head hanging over the edge, arms outstretched towards the spot where she last saw her brother."
Author: Ann Marie MacDonald
5. "Though Charles II both craved and enjoyed female companionship till the end of his life, there is no question that by the cold, rainy autumn of 1682 his physical appetites had diminshed considerably. The Duchess of Portsmouth was, after all, more than twenty years his junior; and there comes a time in nearly every such relationship when the male partner is simply unable to fully accommodate the female partner. Or as Samuel Pepys tartly noted in his diary, "the king yawns much in council, it is thought he spends himself overmuch in the arms of Madame Louise, who far from being wearied, seems fresher than ever after sporting with the king."
Author: Antonia Fraser
6. "My first sight of the fabled warrior was a surprise. He was not a mighty-thewed giant, like Ajax. His body was not broad and powerful, as Odysseos'. He seemed small, almost boyish, his bare arms and legs slim and virtually hairless. His chin was shaved clean, and the ringlets of his long black hair were tied up in a silver chain. He wore a splendid white silk tunic, bordered with a purple key design, cinched at the waist with a belt of interlocking gold crescents... His face was the greatest shock. Ugly, almost to the point of being grotesque. Narrow beady eyes, lips curled in a perpetual snarl, a sharp hook of a nose, skin pocked and cratered... A small ugly boy born to be a king... A young man possessed with fire to silence the laughter, to stifle the taunting. His slim arms and legs were iron-hard, knotted with muscle. His dark eyes were absolutely humourless. There was no doubt in my mind that he could outfight Odysseos or even powerful Ajax on sheer willpower alone."
Author: Ben Bova
7. "Thus I stretch out my arms to my Saviour, who, after being foretold for four thousand years, came on earth to die and suffer for me at the time and in the circumstances foretold. By his grace I peaceably await death, in the hope of being eternally united to him, and meanwhile I live joyfully, whether in the blessings which he is pleased to bestow on me or in the affliction he sends me for my own good and taught me how to endure by his example."
Author: Blaise Pascal
8. "I used to rush into strange dreams at night: dreams many-coloured, agitated, full of the ideal, the stirring, the stormy--dreams where, amidst unusual scenes, charged with adventure, with agitating risk and romantic chance, I still again and again met Mr. Rochester, always at some exciting crisis; and then the sense of being in his arms, hearing his voice, meeting his eye, touching his hand and cheek, loving him, being loved by him--the hope of passing a lifetime at his side, would be renewed, with all its first force and fire. Then I awoke. Then I recalled where I was, and how situated. Then I rose up on my curtainless bed, trembling and quivering; and then the still, dark night witnessed the convulsion of despair, and heard the burst of passion."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
9. "Madison looked from Jason, who jerked his head toward the gate, signaling her to get moving, to Longbranch, whose cold, direct gaze said Jason would pay in blood for any kind of double-cross.One thing was clear: Jason Haley had been lying to her since the moment he set foot on her porch. Was he really plotting with the Roses? Or had he decided to sacrifice himself to get her into the sanctuary?Madison threw her arms around Jason's neck as if she couldn't face being parted from him and whispered fiercely in his ear, "You lying lunatic bastard. They're going to kill you.""I love you too," he murmured. "Go find Seph. Help him."
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
10. "His long arms stretch out like comforting pillars, supporting my whole being in his embrace."
11. "I doubt your Argonaut kin would approve of that," she managed. "They didn't much like me being in your realm.""They'll just have to get used to it. Some things in life are more important than duty and honor."Gods, how she wished that were true. "Nothing in life is more important than duty and honor, Titus."He cradled her face in his hands again. "You are."That was it. All she could take. A desperate need to be close to him one last time overwhelmed every thought and action. She pressed her mouth to his. Kissed him hard. Gasped when his arms closed around her waist with the strength of a vise. Lost herself in the sweet taste of his tongue stroking urgently across hers."I want you," she whispered against his lips. Desperation clawed at her soul.She pressed her lips to his again, opened, licked into his mouth. Warmth, wetness, hunger caressed her tongue in an erotic dance. She trailed one hand down his bare chest, over the waistband of his pants."
Author: Elisabeth Naughton
12. "The nerves, the anxiety, the pressure, it's all gone. Being in his arms took it all away."
Author: Faith Sullivan
13. "Then his lips were on mine and I lost myself, overwhelmed by the surge of Trey's emotions as they flooded through me. I kissed him back wanting to forget my fear of being discovered of putting him in danger and focus only on how good it felt being in his arms. After all relinquishing some control was a sacrifice worth making if it meant I could continue to live in this fantasy with Trey. But the dreaded tingling in my teeth started up again and I reluctantly pulled away."
Author: Heather Jensen
14. "Ugly and futile: lean neck and thick hair and a stain of ink, a snail's bed. Yet someone had loved him, borne him in her arms and in her heart. But for her the race of the world would have trampled him underfoot, a squashed boneless snail. She had loved his weak watery blood drained from her own. Was that then real? The only true thing in life? His mother's prostrate body the fiery Columbanus in holy zeal bestrode. She was no more: the trembling skeleton of a twig burnt in the fire, an odour of rosewood and wetted ashes. She had saved him from being trampled underfoot and had gone, scarcely having been. A poor soul gone to heaven: and on a heath beneath winking stars a fox, red reek of rapine in his fur, with merciless bright eyes scraped in the earth, listened, scraped up the earth, listened, scraped and scraped."
Author: James Joyce
15. "Cyrus's father looked at his son. "Is that true?"Cyrus wouldn't look at his dad, or anyone else. It was hard to look tough when you're being held in someone's arms, but he did his best to pull it off, even crossing beefy arms across his chest."Cyrus, I asked you a question, don't make me ask twice.""Yes," he finally said, very sullen."I don't know what got into him, but I'm sorry."Kevin Appleton said, "When Becky does something wrong she does her own apologizing."Cyrus's father glared at Appleton, but he said, "Apologize to the little girl, Cyrus.""I didn't mean to hurt her. I wanted to hurt him!" He pointed his own dramatic finger at Matthew."Matthew didn't start the fight, Cyrus, you did. Apologize to both of them, now."He turned a pouting face to Becky. "I'm sorry I hurt you, I didn't mean to.""I don't accept!" Becky said. Her eyes were dark and furious. I liked her."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
16. "She buried her face in his hsoulder. And while the truth still scared her, being in his arms made her feel like the sea finding it's shore, like a traveler returning after a long, hard, distant trip -finally returning home."
Author: Lauren Kate
17. "Could I really mean so much to this man? Could this mess of a human being in his arms be his everything?"
Author: Lydia Kelly
18. "It was about falling asleep with Sam's chest pressed against my back so I could feel his heart slow to match mine. It was about growing up and realizing that the feel of his arms around me, the smell of him when he was sleeping, the sound of his breathing -- that was home and everything I wanted at the end of the day. It wasn't the same as being with him and we were awake."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
19. "I'm changing..." I said."Don't do that," Alex said into my hair. Then he scooped me up and over so I was below him, his knees bracketing mine, his arms curving around my head. "Don't change."Truth: When he kissed me again, I couldn't have cared less about being a good person.I felt amazing."
Author: Melissa Jensen
20. "Everything I could want in eternity is possible because of you," he thought, and then he stopped thinking and simply enjoyed being in the arms of the one person in all of forever who made his life complete."
Author: Melissa Marr
21. "You'll come to my grave? To tell me your problems?"My problems?"Yes.'And you'll give me answers?"I'll give you what I can. Don't I always?"I picture his grave, on the hill, overlooking the pond, some little nine foot piece of earth where they will place him, cover him with dirt, put a stone on top. Maybe in a few weeks? Maybe in a few days? I see myself sitting there alone, arms across my knees, staring into space.It won't be the same, I say, not being able to hear you talk."Ah, talk . . . "He closes his eyes and smiles."Tell you what. After I'm dead, you talk. And I'll listen."
Author: Mitch Albom
22. "She tried to hurt Fitz!" He turned to Gabriel and Dick. "That'll get her mad. "Gabriel rolled his eyes. "She's been framed for murder twice over, shot in the back, her arms were set on fire, and her parents are being held hostage. You think tampered dog water is what's going to make her angry?""You tried to hurt my dog!" I wheezed as I lurched toward a grinning Missy."Oh, big deal, " Missy huffed. "It's the ugliest dog I've ever seen. ""You tried to hurt my dog, " I said again."I would have been doing you a favor. " Missy sneered."Nobody. Screws. With. My. Dog. " I growled, punctuating each word with a punch to Missy's face. I gave an upper cut to the chin that sent her flying back into a pile on the ground.Zeb grinned at Dick and Gabriel. "Told you."
Author: Molly Harper
23. "Have you wondered what our babies would have looked like?" Jen asked absently as she frowned inwardly trying to picture the future she might have had with her wolf."Baby this isn't really the time to discuss our babies. Let's focus on who is carrying you so that I can get you back so that we can make babies."Jen groaned and felt the arms around her tighten which brought a gasp from her. Decebel must have sensed her pain as she felt his worry."I'm okay, just hurts." Jen actually felt a smile spread across her face, "So you want to make babies with me?"This time when Decebel laughed she swore she could feel his hands run down her sides to her waist."Only you would want to discuss making babies at a time like this.""Well you have to admit that it's a better topic than my nearly being killed and now being kidnapped. Seriously Dec, I'd much rather think about us making babies."
Author: Quinn Loftis
24. "His desperation and misery swept her up like a storm capturing the sea. She turned her mind to even these feelings, because they were his, like his terrified rage in the lift when they had first met, being wrapped in his arms in the cold well, being dazzled by his wonder at the woods and her home and her. Like being a child, awareness of him the morning chorus that woke her and the lullaby that sent her to sleep, his thoughts always her first and last song.I love you, Kami told him, and cut."
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
25. "She sees me once in a guy's arms and she has us married already. I wonder what Raffe would think of my mom being his mother-in-law."
Author: Susan Ee
26. "He is the one pocket of warmth in a sea of ice. Being in his arms feels like the home I never had."
Author: Susan Ee
27. "When Peeta holds out his arms, I walk straight into them. It's the first time since they announced the Quarter Quell that he's offered me any sort of affection. He's been more like a very demanding trainer, always pushing, always insisting Haymitch and I run faster, eat more, know our enemy better. Lovers? Forget about that. He abandoned any pretense of even being my friend. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck before he can order me to do push-ups or something. Instead he pulls me in close and buries his face in my hair. Warmth radiates from the spot where his lips just touch my neck, slowly spreading through the rest of me. It feels so good, so impossibly good, that I know I will not be the first to let go.And why should I?"
Author: Suzanne Collins
28. "My mind argued with itself about whether to adhere to proper etiquette or whether to fling aside all modesty and throw my arms around him. My feet chose the latter before my mind had a chance to settle it. I flew off the stool and landed in his embrace. Freezing rain drenched his coat and shirt. His arms wrapped around me tighter, and there was nothing so right as being pressed against Nathaniel Strider."
Author: Tess Oliver
29. "The heat from his body warmed me and he leaned into me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I relaxed against him and let the back of my head fall against his chest. My eyes closed as I inhaled his scent. The metallic smell didn't bother me so much anymore. In fact, now that it belonged to Jack, I found it enticing. I wanted to snuggle closer and get a good long whiff. The drawbacks of being a werewolf — we wanted to sniff everything."
Author: Veronica Blade
30. "She'll have to get over it, then. Are you going to let her drop out of Dauntless for a stupid reason like not being able to walk?" Zeke is quiet for a few seconds. His eyes shift over my face, and he squints, as if weighing and measuring me. Then he turns and bends and wraps his arms around me. it's been so long since someone hugged me that I stiffen. Then I relax, and let the gesture force warmth over my body..."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About Being In His Arms Pictures