Famous Quotes About Being Mediocre
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Being Mediocre.
Top Quotes About Being Mediocre
1. "I believe at least in one of the chief tenets of the Christian faith--contentment with a lowly place. I am a doctor and I know that ambition--the desire to succeed--to have power--leads to most ills of the human soul. If the desire is realized it leads to arrogance, violence and final satiety; and if it is denied--ah! if it is denied--let all the asylums for the insane rise up and give their testimony! The are filled with human beings who were unable to face being mediocre, insignificant, ineffective and who therefore created for themselves ways of escape from reality so to be shut off from life itself forever."
Author: Agatha Christie
2. "According to one influential wing of modern secular society there are few more disreputable fates than to end up being 'like everyone else' for 'everyone else' is a category that comprises the mediocre and the conformist, the boring and the suburban. The goal of all right-thinking people should be to mark themselves off from the crowd and 'stand out' in whatever way their talents allow."
Author: Alain De Botton
3. "Everything I've ever done was out of fear of being mediocre."
Author: Chet Atkins
4. "A sacred pride should grip us of not being satisfied with the mediocre but to strive (for we can do it, if we want to) with the exertion of all our strength to attain the highest. Let us scorn what is of this earth, let us ignore what is of heaven, let us leave absolutely everything worldly behind us in order to hasten to the abode out of this world, in the proximity of the sublime deity. We do not need to think of stepping back. Of being satisfied with second rank, let us strive for dignity and glory. To attain the highest."
Author: Giovanni Pico Della Mirandola
5. "Everyone calls everybody special, so what's so special about being special? We all must have heard "you have the spark/you're the best/ you will rule the world" and just in the cut throat competition of being "special" we have forgotten to be Simple/ordinary/mediocre.."
6. "For me, a really radical position for journalism to take is to stop being cynical. Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre."
Author: Joe Klein
7. "My biggest fear as an actor is being involved in something mediocre, or being mediocre myself."
Author: Jonathan Brandis
8. "Speaking of Vaughan, his claim in the Daily Telegraph last week that the story of a senior county pro being offered money to fix domestic matches was 'the tip of the iceberg' did not go down well with one former England captain contacted by the Top Spin. 'I played the game for almost 20 years,' he seethed, 'and I don't know a single player who has been offered money, either for information or to fix a game. To say it's the tip of the iceberg is absolute rubbish.'The fact that the player in question had just registered a mediocre Stableford score of 20 playing off a handicap of 14 had nothing to do, I was assured, with his foul mood."
Author: Lawrence Booth
9. "But to paraphrase Henry Drummond in Inherit the Wind, ignorance and mediocrity are forever busy, and the forces of mediocrity aren't content with being mediocre; they'll do everything in their power to prevent even the humblest of teachers and children from accomplishing anything extraordinary. For good work shines a light on the failures of the mediocre, and that is a light which terrifies those who conspire to keep our nation's children, like themselves, ordinary."
Author: Rafe Esquith
10. "That's one of the compensations for being mediocre. One doesn't have to worry about becoming mediocre."
Author: Rebecca Goldstein
11. "This isn't a game. We don't want mediocre employees who can keep the status quo. We want souls. We want to win. And you've spent most of your time here being mediocre."
Author: Richelle Mead
12. "Finding security in mediocrity is an exhausting process. You can work only so many hours, fret only so much. Being a slightly better typist or a slightly faster coder is insufficient. You're always looking over your shoulder, always trying to be a little less mediocre than the guy next to you. It wears you out."
Author: Seth Godin
13. "Today is a new day. Don't let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want. You have the power and the time to shape your life. Break free from the poisonous victim mentality and embrace the truth of your greatness. You were not meant for a mundane or mediocre life!"
Author: Steve Maraboli
Quotes About Being Mediocre Pictures