Famous Quotes About Being Owed Something
Browse 8 famous quotes and sayings about Being Owed Something.
Top Quotes About Being Owed Something
1. "Among the short-lived races, pleasure slaves became emotionally unstable after a few years. It took decades among the long-lived races, but eventually the combination of aphrodisiacs and constant arousal without being allowed any release twisted something inside the males. After that, with careful handling, they still had their uses, but not as pleasure slaves. Daemon had been a pleasure slave for most of his life."
Author: Anne Bishop
2. "Why is Anthony Amowitz using his pimp smile on you? Vee asked. I rolled my eyes. "You´re only calling him a pimp because he´s here.At Marcie´s.""Yeah,so?"" He´s being nice" I elbowed her. "Smile back" "Being nice? He´s being horny"Anthony raised his red plastic cup to me and shouted something, but it was too hard to hear over the music. "What?" I called back. " You look great!" A goofy smile was plastered on his face. "Oh boy," Vee said " Not just a pimp, but a smashed pimp." " So maybe he´s a little drunk." " Drunk and hoping to corner you alone in a bedroom upstairs."Ugh.Nora&Vee (p.220)"
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
3. "I am about to vote. I am about to do something that human beings are rarely allowed to do. I am doing something that did not exist until America."
Author: Ben Stein
4. "I don't wish to inhabit the world under false pretences. I'm relieved to have discovered my identity after being so confused about it for so many years. Why should people be afraid if I confide in them? Yet people will always be afraid and jealous of those who finally establish their identity; it leads them to consider their own, to seclude it, cosset it, for fear it may be borrowed or interfered with, and when they are in the act of protecting it they suffer the shock of realising that their identity is nothing, it is something they dreamed and never knew; and then begins the painstaking search - what shall they choose - beast? another human being? insect? bird?"
Author: Janet Frame
5. "Captain! To your left there's a Lunar guard and on your right is a doctor who's running tests on Lunars and I'm being held by one of Levana's wolf hybrids and please be careful!"Thorne took a step back into the hallway a gun from his waistband. He spent a moment swiveling the barrel of the gun in each direction, but nobody moved to attack him.With some surprise, Cress realized that the operative's grip had weakened."Er…" Thorne furrowed his brow, aiming the gun somewhere near the window. "Could you describe all those threats again because I feel like I missed something."
Author: Marissa Meyer
6. "A young woman forced to keep drunks supplied with beer and siblings with clean underwear -instead of being allowed to pursue "something higher"- stores up great reserves of vitality, a vitality never dreamed of by university students yawning over their books."
Author: Milan Kundera
7. "That's funny. You would think after being followed and shoved into a dark alley by a stranger, you would be at least a little shaken. Don't tell me, you are a black belt just waiting for the perfect moment to strike." He laughed soundlessly. "I mean your words do sound brave but your eyes and the fact that you're trembling like a scared little kitten say something else entirely." Even though the alley was submerged in darkness and shadows, it was obvious there was a devilish grin stretched across his face..."
Author: Nicole Rae
8. "Hey Wanda! Hey Ian!" Jamie was all grins, his messy hair bouncing as he moved..."Guess what? Jared was saying at lunch that he didn't think it was fair for you to have to move out of the room you were used to. He said we weren't being good hosts. He said you should move back in with me! Isn't that great? I asked him if I could tell you right away, and he said that was a good idea. He said you would be in here.""I'll bet he did," Ian murmured."So, what do you think, Wanda? We get to be roomies again!""But Jamie, where will Jared stay?""Wait - let me guess," Ian interrupted. "I bet he said the room was big enough for three. Am I right?" "Yeah. How did you know?""Lucky guess"..."Will you come back?" Jamie begged against my shoulder..."If that's what you want, Jamie. Okay.""Woo hoo!" Jamie crowed in my ear. "Cool! I'm gonna go tell Jared! I'll get you some food, too, okay?...You want something, Ian?""Sure, kid. I want you to tell Jared he's shameless."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Quotes About Being Owed Something Pictures