Famous Quotes About Being Proud Of Who I Am
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Being Proud Of Who I Am.
Top Quotes About Being Proud Of Who I Am
1. "Individuals who are out there to make transactions with pay-per-tweets, it's a turnoff for their fans, rightfully so."
Author: Amy Jo Martin
2. "I am as proud to be called a feminist as I am to be called a Jew, or an American. Feminism is an indivisible part of who I am, and I remain mystified by the stigma that has been attached to the idea that women are human beings.It sounds so obvious and simple to me, so motherhood and apple pie. And yet the idea that women are human beings remains news, a message that requires constant, clear, and artful reinforcement in a world that continues to undermine the confidence and abilities of girls and women. On the day that the intelligence and talents of women are fully honored and employed, the human community and the planet itself will benefit in ways we can only being to imagine."
Author: Anita Diamant
3. "I really consider myself a writer, and a writer who is sometimes a social critic. I'm not an ideologue, I don't join a party. I follow along and take notes. Sometimes I throw in my two cents."
Author: Anne Roiphe
4. "Centurion! Would you like to be a cavalryman one last time? There are Venicones who escaped when your line was broken to be hunted down, and Tribune Licinius has ordered me to take the best men available in their pursuit. Leave this hairy gentleman to watch the fun, and join us in the hunt!"
Author: Anthony Riches
5. "My view is that if there is no evidence for it, then forget about it. An agnostic is somebody who doesn't believe in something until there is evidence for it, so I'm agnostic."
Author: Carl Sagan
6. "The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are– bald or old or fat or poor, successful or struggling- when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength."
Author: Charles B. Handy
7. "Pretty is as pretty does" was a stupid cliché in her estimation. Pretty is what God does in the hearts and minds of people who are a mess-whether outwardly or inwardly or both."
Author: Cindy Woodsmall
8. "There is a giant gulf between doing something and doing nothing. And someone who makes a lolcat and uploads it - even if only to crack their friends up - has already crossed that chasm to doing something. That's the sea change, and you can see it even with the cute cats."
Author: Clay Shirky
9. "The human beings who appear in the data, survivors or not, are grouped under one machine designated classification:Hero.These damn machines knew us and loved us, even while they were tearing our civilization to shreds."
Author: Daniel H. Wilson
10. "In some ways therapists have it harder than surgeons, who can often correct the issue with one operation. There's no quick fix for emotional trauma."
Author: Daria Snadowsky
11. "When, however, you have an enemy, then do not requite him good for evil: for that would shame him. Instead, prove that he did some good for you. And rather be angry than put to shame! And when you are cursed, I do not like it that you want to bless. Rather curse a little also! And if you are done a great injustice, then quickly add five small ones. Hideous to behold is he who is obsessed with an injustice."
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
12. "What are blue-stockings?' asked Tommy.Naturally you don't know,' replied the other. 'If you did, you would sympathize more with Bluebeard. They were ladies who were always reading books. They even read them aloud."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
13. "Things changed. Maybe I didn't recognize what I felt then, but I do now. I'm a stupid girl who fell in love with her friend, and that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I'll lose everything if I tell you. This little patch of happiness will wither and die, and it will be all my fault, because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I'd rather have you as a friend than not at all."
Author: H.M. Ward
14. "The quality which makes man want to write and be read is essentially a desire for self-exposure and masochism. Like one of those guys who has a compulsion to take his thing out and show it on the street."
Author: James Jones
15. "The truth is not believable to someone who has not lived it in his muscles."
Author: Jean Hatzfeld
16. "The real heroes anyway aren't the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention. The guy who invented the smallpox vaccine didn't actually invent anything. He just noticed that people with cowpox didn't get smallpox."
Author: John Green
17. "I know you lost your faith in me but I still believeCan I make you understand, can I make you seeI am desperate for your love and it's breakin' me"
Author: Jonny Lang
18. "The tillage of the soil occupies the vast majority of those who work for their own bread."
Author: Joseph Barber Lightfoot
19. "I was husband for a week. Changed the baby's diapers. There's somebody in a suburb in Melbourne who doesn't even know i wiped his ass"
Author: Keith Richards
20. "For Heidegger, boredom is a privileged fundamental mood because it leads us directly into the very problem complex of being and time."
Author: Lars Fr. H. Svendsen
21. "Every woman treats me that way, Reese. I'm not a person to them. I'm just…a good time or something vile to be avoided at all costs. And then you came along and you…you hugged me. You are the first person who sees me, Mason, not sex for sale."
Author: Linda Kage
22. "Most remember the groundbreaking first in sports; few remember the third or fourth to follow in those tracks. That's not downplaying anyone's achievements but rather recognizing that there comes a time when simply being there is no longer good enough for the record books."
Author: LZ Granderson
23. "She gathered a circle of children around her and commenced singing 'For Those Who Peril on the Sea' over their little heads. But no, 'safety from storms' wasn't enough for her. God had to keep them from being blown up too. She set about ordering the poor things to pray for their parents every night- who knew what the German soldiers might do to them? Then she said to be especially good little boys and girls so Mama and Daddy could look down on them from heaven and BE PROUD OF THEM...she had those children crying and sobbing fit to die.I was too shocked to move, but no, not Elizabeth. No, quick as an adder's tongue, she had ahold of Adelaide's arm and told her to SHUT UP.'Let me go!' Adelaide cried. 'I am speaking the Word of God!'Elizabeth, she got a look on her that would turn the devil to stone, and then she slapped Adelaide right across the face!"
Author: Mary Ann Shaffer
24. "No Hello.No Hi, Pierce. Nice right hook you have there.No It's lovely to see you. Sorry about your counselor being killed last night. Yes, I see your grandmother is a Fury even though I told you none was after you. I guess I was wrong about that.Just Let's go."
Author: Meg Cabot
25. "DisciplineI am old and I have hadmore than my share of good and bad.I've had love and sorrow, seen sudden deathand been left alone and of love bereft.I thought I would never love againand I thought my life was grief and pain.The edge between life and death was thin, but then I discovered discipline.I learned to smile when I felt sad, I learned to take the good and the bad, I learned to care a great deal morefor the world about me than before.I began to forget the "Me" and "I"and joined in life as it rolled by: this may not mean sheer ecstasybut is better by far than "I" and "Me."
Author: Meryl Gordon
26. "There,' said Wednesday, 'is one who "does not have the faith and will not have the fun". Chesterton. Pagan indeed. So. Shall we go out onto the street, Easter my dear, and repeat the exercise? Find out how many passers-by know that their Easter festival takes its name from Eostre of the Dawn? Let's see - I have it. We shall ask a hundred people. For every one that knows the truth, you may cut off one of my fingers, and when I run out of them, toes; for every twenty who don't know you spend a night making love to me. And the odds are certainly in your favour here - this is San Francisco, after all. There are heathens and pagans and Wiccans aplenty on these precipitous streets."
Author: Neil Gaiman
27. "A person who buys excuses will soon attempt to sell them to others."
Author: Orrin Woodward
28. "He has the obligation to society that any human being has. I don't think a satirist has any greater obligation to society than a bricklayer or anybody else."
Author: Shel Silverstein
29. "War is created by people who are too old to fight for those who are too young to die."
Author: Vikrant Parsai
Quotes About Being Proud Of Who I Am Pictures